The Plot Hooks Thread

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 Shakespearian_Soldier

Shakespearian_Soldier

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:31 AM

I have a few plot hooks, the largest of which would pit the characters (potentially) against a villain as dangerous as either Vader or Palpatine. I can't say who - a few of the players I'm accepting for my upcoming game come from these boards - but I've gotten more than one "wow" from people I've run the story by. :)

"Beg for your life. No, doing so won't save you - but it will make your death more amusing to watch."
- Vago the Hutt; Star Wars: Edge of the Empire

#22 ErikB

ErikB

• Members
  • 930 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 07:42 PM

Have people seen Django Unchained?

We start with a line of droids chained together being marched across a desert by Jawas. A bounty hunter frees one of the droids, as only said droid can identify the targets the hunter is after. 

While hunting said bounty, the hunter and the droid bond. It transpires that the droid wants to find its counterpart, a 3po protocol droid with which it formed a strong bond while in service to its former master. Indeed, it was an attempt by the droid and its counterpart to run off together that led to the droid being in the possession of the Jawas we saw at the beginning.

So the hunter and the droid partner up for a while, tracking bounties while they attempt to locate the protocol droid. 

Eventually, it transpires that the protocol droid was sold to a notorious owner on the underground droid fighting circuit. So droid and hunter go to get it back.

If you want a picture of the Empire, imagine a jackboot stamping on a beings face - forever.

#23 random.brown

random.brown

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:16 PM

After being released from prison for armed robbery, the PCs visit the orphanage where they grew up. They discover it will be closed down unless it can pay 5000 credits in back taxes.

The adventure concerns the players attempts to earn this money by reforming their Jizz band.

Along the way they are repeatedly attacked by COMPNOR activists and by a mystery woman, who it turns out is Princess Leia, who was abandoned at the altar by one of the PCs.

Thread winner

:D

#24 Sixgun387

Sixgun387

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:03 AM

Episode 1: Bad Moon Rising

The PCs start off having a drink in Rancor's Tooth, a cantina in the Duros Sector of Nar Shaddaa when they hear loud screaming and what sounds like a firefight outside.  When they go to investigate they find what appears to be a force sensitive Trandoshan going wild in the streets.  A local Duros swoop gang tries to put him down, but he quickly dispatches them and turns his attention to the PCs, who are unwittingly drawn into a firefight.  After they dispatch the Trando, they are approached by a fixer for Mero the Hutt, a young Hutt in charge of the Duros Sector.

Mero offers the PCs the job of tracking down any info on the Trando.  So far Mero's sources have only led him to an abandoned Czerka facility in the Corporate Sector, but Juntao the Hutt (head of the Corporate Sector) isn't letting anyone near it.  Consequently, Mero needs some assets who he can deny, and who can sneak into the facility.  He's willing to pay somewhat handsomely (and help with Obligation).

What Mero doesn't tell the PCs is that he's been approached by a Dathomiri  witch adept of the Singing Mountain Clan, who has some startling and revealing information regarding Czerka's abduction of several witches from Dathomir...

Edited by Sixgun387, 25 July 2013 - 01:10 AM.

#25 Agatheron

Agatheron

• Members
  • 368 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:31 AM

The PCs realize that they are no longer just helping Czerka gain market share, but they must bring an end to The Doop!

That'd be from "The Stuff" --bad 80s horror movie. :)

#26 strongarm85

strongarm85

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 03:10 AM

R4-W9 from Trouble Brewing itself makes an excelent plot hook, more specifically the R4 unit has the complete Hyperspace Route for the Kessel Run in his memory banks. The little droid can give it to the PCs as thanks for helping him and actually get to do the Kessel Run, for all the fame, glory, and money it brings.

Edited by strongarm85, 25 July 2013 - 03:11 AM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS