I can't wait to get a copy of this.

#42 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 756 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 12:06 PM

Glaurung said:

Ted Sandyman said:

Hopefully its on its way to your part of the world. Lets see how "Glaurungs Dwarf Deck" gets on against this expansion!!

I sow the first quests of the Box i think Thorin Company migh have a problem with this one.

Will see will see. Still Only when Dain get errata i will be happy. this deck is unfair.

There is was i not so bad idea about Dain errata: Something like: Planing action: Exhaust Dain to make All dwarfs character +1 attack or +1 will power until the end of the round. Choose one and limit once per round.

ive agreed previously that the deck is really good and I've had lots of fun playing with iterations of it myself, but I just can't understand the insistence that it needs to be merged. You claim it is unfair…unfair to who? Who are the victims? The encounter deck? It's an object I don't think it minds, the game makers? They already got your money they prob don't care if its unfair. to the players? We chose to use the deck knowing it is likely you'll be able to beat most scenarios, no one is forcing anyone.

they only way that I see Dain as a potential problem for the game is in the new competitive format (which isn't even released yet) hopefully in the near future other traits will gain power like the dwarves (who are u likely to see any specific cards anytime soon) so that there are multiple competitive deck styles to make.  It would be a shame if it is errata'd then a few months down the line after the AtS cycle is complete Gondor is now the new super power and no one cares to use dwarf decks becuse they've been nerfed to the point of being obsolete (like most errata'd cards)

whew, that's my two cents anyway

"His life is charmed, or fate spares him for some other end."

#43 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 1,939 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 01:36 AM

Pharmboys2013 said:

Glaurung said:

Ted Sandyman said:

Hopefully its on its way to your part of the world. Lets see how "Glaurungs Dwarf Deck" gets on against this expansion!!

I sow the first quests of the Box i think Thorin Company migh have a problem with this one.

Will see will see. Still Only when Dain get errata i will be happy. this deck is unfair.

There is was i not so bad idea about Dain errata: Something like: Planing action: Exhaust Dain to make All dwarfs character +1 attack or +1 will power until the end of the round. Choose one and limit once per round.

ive agreed previously that the deck is really good and I've had lots of fun playing with iterations of it myself, but I just can't understand the insistence that it needs to be merged. You claim it is unfair…unfair to who? Who are the victims? The encounter deck? It's an object I don't think it minds, the game makers? They already got your money they prob don't care if its unfair. to the players? We chose to use the deck knowing it is likely you'll be able to beat most scenarios, no one is forcing anyone.

they only way that I see Dain as a potential problem for the game is in the new competitive format (which isn't even released yet) hopefully in the near future other traits will gain power like the dwarves (who are u likely to see any specific cards anytime soon) so that there are multiple competitive deck styles to make.  It would be a shame if it is errata'd then a few months down the line after the AtS cycle is complete Gondor is now the new super power and no one cares to use dwarf decks becuse they've been nerfed to the point of being obsolete (like most errata'd cards)

whew, that's my two cents anyway

There is a couple ^unfair things^

First is unfair for the game balance. In my opinion is not right when some combinaion of cards is too powerful in the game. Is meat bad job of designers.

Is unfair for tournaments system

And is unfair to Tolkien world. I like to fear the encounter cards not laugh about them. I can win in 5 rounds again Balrog. I dont scare him and feel boring.

In Middle-earh ccg or Lotr Tcg all Mordor cards was scary. You really have a problem and scre them. Is good fit Tolkien them. here is just a matter who make it more quicly. Is only 1 powerful enemy in the gmae now is Smaug. 

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#44 Ted Sandyman

Ted Sandyman

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 03:50 AM

I hope that FFG do care about our opinions regarding the over powerful dwarf deck. I fully expect them to learn from that and not to make Gondor (or any other trait) too powerful. Im sure in hindsight they could have adjusted Dains special ability to boost HEROES ONLY.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS