83 replies to this topic

#41 divinityofnumber

divinityofnumber

• Members
  • 606 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:42 PM

doctormungmung said:

divinityofnumber said:

Are there actually many people with no aspirations toward competitive play? Are there people who would buy a core set, some chapter packs, and this expansion, and only ever play with others in their own house, etc.? Even if you only play against one other friend, you would want full playsets of things, especially if that friend had them. 

I don't care how many cards are included, I don't care how much it costs, but FFG needs to include full playsets of things, and even 2x of the "limit one per deck" objective sets. Any objective released should be an auto-2x in its package. 

So you would be fine paying twice the cost for an expansion with 264 cards?  Or would you rather the expansion have only 12 new objective sets and pay the same price for a full playset?  Personally I'm happy for more cards to create a more diverse game.  Given that, I'll begrudge FFG the flexibility to market this to the more casual gamer.

I want to pick up a product and know that I have playsets. It is a minor point of contention. I will obviously be buying two, if I have to in order to have playsets. But, something about it feels odd and lame. 

Star Wars LCG: FFG EC Regional 2014 - Top 4; Star Wars LCG: FFG Event Center Store Championship 2014 - Top 4; FFG Event Center Season One 2014 - Minneapolis Regional Game Night - Top 4; May the 4th Be With You 2013 - Second Chance Tournament Champion; A Game of Thrones LCG: Days of Ice and Fire 2013 - Joust Top 16

abUse the Force author on CardGameDB.com

#42 flightmaster101

flightmaster101

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:44 PM

superradjoe said:

Lets be honest, would you really be interested in a set that's just 11 objective sets?

I would buy a set of 14 x2 objectives and 2 1x only for 180 cards for smugglers and another for scum.  Just like I got 180 card Martell and Greyjoy sets.

#43 Euph3m1sm

Euph3m1sm

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

Aargh, in my quest to support my FLGS I'm still awaiting release of the game in NZ, already drooling over Hoth cycle and now a deluxe set to keep an eye out for.

looking forward to all core, cycle and deluxe expansions.

#44 stormwolf27

stormwolf27

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

yagyu said:

sweet bail organa is gonna be in this set

Where did you see this? and why would he be in this set?

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka

#45 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:30 PM

stormwolf27 said:

yagyu said:

sweet bail organa is gonna be in this set

Where did you see this? and why would he be in this set?

Because every affiliation gets a OSet in the box. He is on the background image on the Edge of Darkness sites main page. First in the fan of 3 cards. Rebel Alliance, 3 cost, 3 damage capacity, 3 force icons, 1 tactics icon.

#46 Majeh_XIII

Majeh_XIII

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 12:54 AM

I have to say i am quite happy to see this deluxe box set come out, was a little disapointed at first about having to buy to but when i looked more closely it is just the missing cards from the core set. it pads out the smugglers / scum pools. as for having more pods that are only limit 1 per deck does not bother me.  I like to have multiple decks and it will save on deck building time if i am having multiple decks run this pod.

As only 2 people, my self included, in my play group currently have the cards, having the extra limit 1 pods help with my friends who want to play but are not quite sure yet about commiting to the game. And with the next deluxe more than likely being the multiplayer / WoW raid one it will help further.

#47 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,328 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:27 AM

Toqtamish said:

Because every affiliation gets a OSet in the box. He is on the background image on the Edge of Darkness sites main page. First in the fan of 3 cards. Rebel Alliance, 3 cost, 3 damage capacity, 3 force icons, 1 tactics icon.

Wait, which page is this?  Link please?  I'm not saying I don't believe you, I just can't find it and if there's a fan of cards I haven't seen yet I want to find it.

#48 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:33 AM

It is on the Edge of Darkness mini website home page

#49 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,328 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:48 AM

Ah, I see it now.  Sweet.  Now if only I can figure out a way to grab that image… I think the event card is also not shown elsewhere…

#50 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:50 AM

Sabotage cam only be seen there. Can't make out anything sadly 

#51 D.Knight Sevus

D.Knight Sevus

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:45 AM

Toqtamish said:

Sabotage cam only be seen there. Can't make out anything sadly 

I can!

Reaction: After an objective is damaged during an engagement, destroy it if you are attacking during this engagement.

…is it just me or does that read like it's too good to be true? Also, I tried to read Bail Organa, but couldn't, all I got was that he has a passive that gives a combat icon and a Forced Reaction ability.

#52 Majeh_XIII

Majeh_XIII

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:39 AM

sabotage is stupidly powerful if thats the cards text. Use that against heart of the empire and instant win possible on turn 1 if target of opportunity counts towards the damage in the engagement

#53 D.Knight Sevus

D.Knight Sevus

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:04 AM

Yes, after resolving Fate cards is still "during an engagement." Also note that Sabotage doesn't say "After the engaged objective…" but "After an objective…" So you can combo it with Rebel Assault or situationally Battle of Hoth to destroy an unrelated objective during the engagement .

Assuming, of course, my eyes aren't lying to me. I really didn't think Light Side would get an effect that allowed them to outright destroy objectives.

#54 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:08 AM

How did you manage to read that ? It's too blurry if you blow the image up. 

#55 D.Knight Sevus

D.Knight Sevus

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:31 AM

Looking very carefully at the image on the website, I could make out enough critical letters in the words to piece together what they are, and context gave me what I was missing. For the record, I can't clearly read "objective," or "you are attacking," those are too blurred. But the word I think is objective is too long to be unit, the only other game object that can be damaged.

You're right, scaling it up would just make it a big unreadable blob rather than a tiny almost-unreadable blob.

#56 doctormungmung

doctormungmung

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:16 AM

While an incredibly cool concept for a card, I do hope it doesn't actually destroy the objective.  If it does, then it will take Heart of the Empire completely out of the game.

#57 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:20 AM

It is probably something a bit more tame like do an extra point of damage.

#58 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,206 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:35 AM

With Nar Shaddaa and Cloud City both being prominent locations in this set, perhaps we will see General Kota join the Jedi or Rebel affiliation. That'd be cool.

#59 D.Knight Sevus

D.Knight Sevus

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:07 AM

Toqtamish said:

It is probably something a bit more tame like do an extra point of damage.

I'd agree, except I could clearly read "destroy" in the card text.

#60 TGO

TGO

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:25 AM

I seriously doubt it lets you destroy an objective if you damage it.  It probably just destroys a unit or units that was involved in the engagement. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS