Runer hand size increase?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 papy72

papy72

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:12 AM

Is ther currently any way to increase the hand size of the runner?  I know the Corp has an upgrade that gives +2 hand but I haven't found anything for the runner side.

#2 wildfire393

wildfire393

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:35 AM

Negative. There is no current or (spoiled/rumored) upcoming card that increases runner handsize.

#3 wildfire393

wildfire393

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:38 AM

And, just as I said that, I hear tell that the Neutral Runner card in the upcoming Cyber Exodus will be a resource that increases the Runner's hand size by 2.

#4 JosephCurwen

JosephCurwen

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:14 AM

That would make it much tougher to kill the runner, and would almost destroy that strategy

#5 photogasm

photogasm

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:23 AM

Public Sympathy
Neutral, Resource, Cost:2
Your maximum hand size is increased by 2.

#6 Nerdmeister

Nerdmeister

• Members
  • 638 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:49 PM

It has always been easier for the corp to win by flatlining the runner than for the runner to win by making the corp empty his R&D.

Besides it is a resource and thus subject to trashing if the runner is tagged

#7 Messenger

Messenger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:17 PM

Apparently, having lots of fans can practically cure you of brain damage. complice

#8 etherial

etherial

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:09 AM

JosephCurwen said:

That would make it much tougher to kill the runner, and would almost destroy that strategy

How many cards does the average Runner discard over the course of the game? I don't think this card is as dangerous as you fear.

#9 mdc273

mdc273

• Members
  • 973 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:39 AM

etherial said:

JosephCurwen said:

How many cards does the average Runner discard over the course of the game? I don't think this card is as dangerous as you fear.

I assume he means you can no longer get "Lucky Tag -> 1 PSF -> 2 PSF - > 3 Scorched Earth" to work.

#10 JosephCurwen

JosephCurwen

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 04:37 PM

So if you have 3 of these you could have a hand size of 11. Brain damage or even other damage doesn't look so bad anymore. I am new to this game but doesn't that sound correct?

#11 stormwolf27

stormwolf27

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:37 PM

JosephCurwen said:

So if you have 3 of these you could have a hand size of 11. Brain damage or even other damage doesn't look so bad anymore. I am new to this game but doesn't that sound correct?

you are correct about the hand size potential, but I dunno about brain damage being not so bad anymore. after all, Taking 6 brain damage with all 3 installed has you back to your original hand size (and there are more things now that do brain damage)…. keep a tag on the corps turn when they have 6 credits… all they have to do is trash these resources and wait for you to lose

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka

#12 Messenger

Messenger

• Members
  • 224 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

On the other hand, such could be a lifesaver. If you're down hand size because of brain damage or about to suffer more, Public Sympathy could save you or at least keep you in the fight. Also, it can make you more wiling to risk brain damage for a chance to grab victory, in the same way that Stimhack does.

#13 stormwolf27

stormwolf27

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 01:35 AM

Messenger said:

On the other hand, such could be a lifesaver. If you're down hand size because of brain damage or about to suffer more, Public Sympathy could save you or at least keep you in the fight. Also, it can make you more wiling to risk brain damage for a chance to grab victory, in the same way that Stimhack does.

And that is a perfectly viable mentality. but that's why I've got Edge of World in my deck. I'm gonna go Hannibal on some people.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka

#14 Runix

Runix

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 05:15 PM

As noted above, if the Runner is tagged, then her Resources can get trashed by the Corp.  So flatlining the Runner is still a definite possibility; the Corp will have to work for it a bit more, is all.

That's a good thing, I think; the "Weyland Special" (Posted Bounty, Scorched Earth, Scorched Earth, game over) is now harder to pull off, and doing damage to the Runner is more about economics (and forcing discard of critical cards) than getting the big combo in.  The recent data packs have introduced more solutions for the Runner for dealing with damage, so I think this is a conscious move by the designers.

#15 Rithe

Rithe

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:59 AM

Does beg the question why your looking for the +2???
In context we can find answers

#16 nungunz

nungunz

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:37 AM

The last post was 8 months old........

#17 Rithe

Rithe

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 04:09 PM

do you honestly expect me to keep tract of how old posts are?

im to lazy to read dates :P

• Hank McCoy likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS