Next expansion

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 Ksdas

Ksdas

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 07:11 PM

The most important thing is that they will heavily test new expansion before release it.

What customers really want is a game which brings both sides great and fun experience, Not some shinning components with bad desgin flaw. Although FFG is good at artwork but their games usually have longer FAQ than Rule book….And they usually fix flaw in further release or not try to fix at all.

Do hire some professional Quality Assurance

• SquarePeg and Mikethebike like this

#22 Tromdial

Tromdial

• Members
  • 580 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:34 PM

Ksdas said:

The most important thing is that they will heavily test new expansion before release it.

What customers really want is a game which brings both sides great and fun experience, Not some shinning components with bad desgin flaw. Although FFG is good at artwork but their games usually have longer FAQ than Rule book….And they usually fix flaw in further release or not try to fix at all.

Do hire some professional Quality Assurance

Agreed: whether at Innsmouth, Egypt, or other worlds, major design flaws drastically hurt the value of the overall product. FFG definitely took the Forbidden Alchemy fiasco seriously when making the second expansion, Call of the Wild (albeit I miss somewhat the ABC plot format; feels weird without).

#23 roenald

roenald

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:47 PM

Ive seen that they mostly follow minatures that have already been launched for Arkham Horror supplements, if they follow that then we are looking to see nyarlathtep which may bring mummies and the sphynx tie in, look at the Arkham Horror mini and you may agree with me!

#24 demozon

demozon

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 10:29 PM

I'd really like to see a small expansion which revisited / brushed up / fixed the scenarios from the base game and forbidden alchemy.

• SolennelBern likes this

#25 Ddrumss2112

Ddrumss2112

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:57 AM

Well after Call of the Wild I think we can stop beating the "play testing" dead horse, it was a pretty solid expansion so I think FFG got the point.

So when do you guys think we'll be getting the next PoD expansion? We probably won't get another boxed expansion for a year, but my group needs their fix. (There's only so many Fan made scenarios.)

#26 Tibs

Tibs

• Members
  • 4,601 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:28 AM

Man, I missed the ABC linear plot style too. Good to see I'm not the only one!

And yeah, they are definitely playtesting these things now, I know that for a fact! And if they offer me a new one to playtest I won't come tell you guys (because it would violate NDA  :o —sorry).

But, of course. With the successes of Yellow Sign and Call of the Wild, they're still going to make new content. I only wish I had room in my box.

#27 amikezor

amikezor

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:05 PM

Hi Tibs,

As I wrote somewhere else in a remote web location, I did not enjoy so much the CotW either. The narration is too poor. It is only geared to replayable mechanics. My personnal taste goes for no linear clue chain BUT strong narration. Not an easy challenge, but some of the fan scenarios made it. I think that Yellow Sign was a much better scenario than any of the CotW ones. Let see how the official game will go.

• Lilikin likes this

Mansions of Madness, Esoteric Order of Dagon and Mines of Yuggoth

Play Arkham Horror with a Keeper

Variants for Arkham Horror

#28 Lilikin

Lilikin

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:21 PM

I said the on BGG but was seriously flamed for it, my group love the story as they are very casual and love a good whodunit etc and the new style doesn't feel as good! 

Wait lassie what's that noise? A few people telling FFG on a forum how to make their own games, well lassie that told them

I have three more ships than you so my opinion is twice as valid!!

#29 topple

topple

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 02:13 PM

For the next big expansion, I think a museum theme would work best. Essentially, bringing MoM back indoors, but with the more randomly seeded nature of the CoW expansion.

I can see many new tiles and rooms (exhibit rooms) emphasizing the ocean deep, the ancient pyramids, the jungles, among others.

#30 topple

topple

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 12:19 PM

I was just thinking...a hospital/asylum or a university would also be a great expansion to add.

• Lilikin likes this

#31 mvincent

mvincent

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 02:04 PM

Let's have a vehicles expansion! ;) Actually, even though I kid... just two road tiles (and a mechanic for repeatedly placing one in front of the other) could easily represent a road of unlimited length. Indeed, a river trip (or dungeon chase in say, a mine cart) could be handled similarly using the CotW river or cave tiles.

#32 demozon

demozon

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 05:15 AM

Mansions of Madness was announced 2010-09-17, Forbidden Alchemy 2011-09-12 and Call of the Wild was announced 2012-10-05.

Let's hope we get an announcement in the next month :)

Edited by demozon, 11 September 2013 - 05:15 AM.

#33 Lilikin

Lilikin

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:25 AM

I hope so, lets all hope they haven't been wasting those efforts on that eldritch horror game

Wait lassie what's that noise? A few people telling FFG on a forum how to make their own games, well lassie that told them

#34 Lilikin

Lilikin

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:05 AM

Starting to lose the faith a little with FFG here, just thought when was the last POD released?  don't think since yellow sign, there is loads of life in this game FFG don't kill it. 

Yellow sign was released this time last year and announced much earlier........

#35 demozon

demozon

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:45 AM

Of course, they may delay the announcement to arkham nights in novemeber...

• SolennelBern likes this

#36 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

• Members
  • 969 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:14 PM

Desert themed expansion would be awesome and really fitting imo.

Sandy tiles, maybe a bit more "open endedness" in the gameplay...bigger maps, catacombs, oasis, interactive caravans...interconnecting maps?

Edited by SolennelBern, 08 October 2013 - 02:15 PM.

#37 hashrat

hashrat

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:26 PM

Anything to do with vampires, or witches and  i will be happy, Egyptian themed adventures would be a hoot too, trapped tombs and the likes.

#38 SquarePeg

SquarePeg

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 03:40 PM

Loving the Innsmouth and road suggestions. I like the idea of the Museum as well as a "Night at the Museum" Lovecraft style would be fantastic.

That said I'd love to see a mid range expansions (like Forbidden Alchemy) that includes solo/co-op options for the base game and Call of the Wild expansion. The solo/co-op scenario in CotW is a great way to learn the game IMO.

• Lilikin likes this

#39 moon_brv

moon_brv

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:31 AM

I play with own home rules and like to write own scenarios, i will happy for any new expansion. The MOM need more new maps tiles and monsters miniatures. It would be nice if FFG will make scenario editor like in Descent. More indoor map tiles.

• Lilikin and Ddrumss2112 like this

#40 allenkwest

allenkwest

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 12:10 PM

For me an ideal big box expansion would be:

The Silver Twilight Lodge and /or Miskatonic University

These two Arkham locations are brimming with expansion potential

I absolutely love this idea!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS