• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Qui-Gon-Kin

Qui-Gon-Kin

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:34 AM

Hi,

Just wanted to say this is a real cool program and thanks for the hard work!

#22 voidstate

voidstate

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:13 PM

Qui-Gon-Kin said:

Hi,

Just wanted to say this is a real cool program and thanks for the hard work!

Agreed! Very nice work. Thanks.

· Try my Unoffical X-Wing Squadron Builder, see the 70,000+ squadrons other players have created or a list of all the X-Wing components.
· Currently, I'm backpacking around SE Asia for a year with my wife and three identical triplet girls. Check out our blog to see where we've got to: Travels With Triplets.

#23 fab74

fab74

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:53 AM

Hello,

Finally an update on the random squadrons generator that becomes a little less "random".

I added a new feature, the manual squadrons genarator !

Based on the same principle, you select the expansions you own, you can tweak the cards available per expansions (if you want to remove or limit some of them (like on the random squadrons generator)) by clicking on the expansion images, and you can build your squadrons according to your selection.

http://fabpsb.free.fr/mindex.php

or

http://fabpsb.free.fr   => MANUAL GENERATOR menu

I let you discover it, and don't hesitate to provide feedbacks.

I also added wave 3 ships according to the information available for the time being. I will remove the BETA mention once all information will be known.

Last addition partially done, extra information feature.

bye

Visit the Fab's Squadrons generator => http://fabpsb.free.fr (Manual and Random mode, Extensions list and share feature)

GOLDEN SQUADRONS GENERATOR

#24 Digitalkiller

Digitalkiller

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 11:18 AM

Great job… thank you for the efford.

Cheers

----------------

In a country... far... far... away

#25 Vonpenguin

Vonpenguin

• Members
  • 926 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:14 PM

I love this generator. One thing that I might suggest (and I have no clue how hard this would be to program, feel free to ignore) is that often I will get some cards that make no sense like Deadeye on an interceptor or standard tie. Also while the generator seems to give a firespray the slave-1 upgrade 100% of the time due to it costing zero points it doesn't actually ever add torpedoes to it from what I've seen.

Overall love it though. Thanks for putting in all that work!

#26 CrookedWookie

CrookedWookie

• Members
  • 1,905 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:56 AM

Totally concur with Von.  Love the generator, but it would be cool if you could set it to prefer or avoid certain card combinations. 
I did one last night where it gave Wedge "Draw Their Fire," and I'm not sure anybody who's ever played the game has wanted Wedge to get shot at MORE than he already does.  sonreir

My only other suggestion was that it would be nice if you could hover over and see what each card does.  Sometimes it's nice to refresh on the cost of a card, or what a pilot's special ability is before deciding if it's something you want to lock in.

Oh, which reminds me - my only OTHER other suggestion is that you can lock the entire squad in right now, but it would be cool if you could lock it in card by card.  So if you just didn't like one card attached to a pilot, or you liked everything but one ship and pilot, you could lock in what you wanted, hit random, and see what it came up with to spend the remaining points on something else.  Kind of narrow things down by keeping what you like and ditching the rest.

Otherwise, cheers - one of the best builders I've seen yet!

#27 fab74

fab74

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 07:36 AM

Hello, Thank you for your feedbacks !

To Vonpenguin and CrookedWookie :

Just to provide some answers, it seems strange to me that you can get Deadeye on Tie fighter or Interceptor as the generator check if the pilot has the target lock ability before assigning this card. I tried to reproduce that but without success.

I select 4 A-wing, removing all the pilots and all the cards except Deadeye, and I select some Tie fighters and Interceptors removing all the cards and each time I generate, the TIE never get the Deadeye card. So, if you can provide more information about the way you get it, I will try to fix this bug.

Regarding the Slave 1 card and the torpedo assignation, you have to keep in mind that the generator takes into account that is available in the core-set and expansions in terms of cards and number of cards to generate the squadrons. Keep also in mind that there is no Torpedo card in the Slave 1 expansion. Consequently it is possible that the Slave 1 card is assigned to a ship but no torpedo because they are no torpedo card left dus to the fact that they were previously assigned on X-wing, Y-wing… (ships that can get them). I hope the explanation is clear enough.

Regarding, the suggestion about the "hover" extra information, it is already ready, if you check "The X-wing Red Squadron Pilot" it will give you an example, I also added that on few cards (Determination, Veteran Instinct and few others). You can see that on all the card lists and in the generation result, when you have the mouse over the name of the card. I didn't added that yet on all the card as it takes a littles time (56 pilots card and 75 cards almost x2 as the site is in french and english), so I will add the extra information "au fil de l'eau" as we said in french. Just be patient on that point, but you're right it is very usefull specifically for the MANUAL GENERATOR.

Unfortunatly, I will not do a lock card by card, I will be too long to put in place. Keep in mind that from an expansion or the core-set, in the selection area by clicking on the expansion image you get the list of the cards from it and you can tweak the generator by removing some cards or reduce the number of cards you make available for the generation. The Other option is to use the MANUAL GENERATOR where you can what you want. I am thing a wait to create a bridge betwwen the RANDOM GENERATOR and the MANUAL GENERATOR and I think that will solve the issue. I am just thinking of it, so don't expect to see it soon, as I will be on holiday soon.

Thank you again for the feedbacks, they make it better !

bye.

Visit the Fab's Squadrons generator => http://fabpsb.free.fr (Manual and Random mode, Extensions list and share feature)

#28 fab74

fab74

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:32 PM

Hello,

Random generator : http://fabpsb.free.fr/

Manual generator : http://fabpsb.free.fr/mindex.php

I put on line the 3.2 version of the tool with some new features :

- Add a bridge feature allowing to switch from RANDOM GENERATOR to MANUAL GENERATOR and vice versa. Under the generated squadron area you will find the TRANSFERT link.

This allows to tweak the random generation manually for example or to create a squadron for one faction in the manual generator and to generate the other faction in the random generator.
- Add a feature to generate a squadron for only one faction
The goal of the feature is to be able to make available all the upgrade cards for one faction and after, you can generate the other faction.

So, I let you discover the "TRANSFERT" feature in order to fully use all the ressources of the tool.

bye.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS