Davin Basels

Gravity well generators

etc 

#22 Goknights12

Goknights12

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:11 AM

B wing for sure, but I let my brain wonder a little bit, and how awesome would it be to have a captial ship battle. Star Destroyer for the Imps and Transport for the Rebs. This would be 80 something points, so you could have the weakest of back up fighters for support, but this would be an interesting scenario that you could play out.

Also I think a rebel and imperial transport should come next for transport missions.

(Side Note) If this game ever did a battle of hoth version, I know AT-At's aren't craft, that would be amazing!)

#23 RedWilde

RedWilde

• Members
  • 349 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:05 AM

Well, I hope they don't make Toscan 8-Q Starfighters and Z-95 Headhunters   : }

I've just been eyeballing my stash of Y-Wing and X-Wing models from the old Rebel Base Diorama kit and thinking of kitbashing them into those.  Would hate to have all that work be upstaged by production models!  I've got enough to put together a good sized Pirate Faction fighter wing, and with the transport ships from that set put on a nice large scenario battle of find and tcapture the Mc-GFN droid that's onboard one of the transports.  ^,^

#24 BaronZaltor

BaronZaltor

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:30 AM

Also, who could forget the TIE-Y Ugiles, and the Y-TIE Uglies?

#25 Redeemer31

Redeemer31

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:50 PM

Looking at the Star Wars - Edge of the Empire RPG book, I noticed that you can start with a ship and there are three choices; the Firespray, YT-1300 and the GHTROC 720 Light Freighter. I can see FFG releasing a mini of the GHTROC 720 if only so that you could use one to represent that ship in the RPG. Not that you need to use minis in the RPG but it seems like a no-brainer.

I would love if it could be a ship that both sides could have access to. Maybe even have a third faction representing pirates or the Hutt Cartel.

I would also like repaints of existing minis as well, if only so that I can get grey Tie Interceptors. Canon be damned, they look better in grey! :)

#26 Grape Starburst

Grape Starburst

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:46 AM

Top wants for me would be TIE Defender and Bombers, B-Wing, and Lambda Shuttle. The Lambda needs to include a Han Solo Pilot Card and Tydirium upgrade card that lets it be used by the Rebels if Han is the pilot.

#27 The Amazing Flight Lizard

The Amazing Flight Lizard

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 11:24 PM

I personally would love to see my own favorite transport, the YT-2000. All sexy and symmetrical. Also, if they would tap further into the games like SW:G, I think we have plenty of ships to use before even heading in the direction of prequels or long after the GCW. A TIE Oppressor might not turn out too bad, and they can even bring in neutral ships, that could be used by either side, to suggest maybe using mercenaries to supplement your forces. Hell, for the KRT they already had Imp vs Imp and reb vs reb battles without worrying too much about explaining it fluff-wise.

One thing I think is great is how they've already included EU stuff and didnt take the stance of "oh, well, Legal says it might be tough to do, so lets not even try, and leave all the fans begging us to bring them in". FFG has already impressed me with their dedication to the source material. I'm sure you don't do what they've done without at least SOME of their people being Star Wars fans. As such, I'm sure there's some guy that was daydreaming on his lunch break, and already has us planned out to Wave 18 or some such.

#28 GrandMoffMatt

GrandMoffMatt

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:40 AM

I'm just not sure what the plans are, and since we are speculating, here goes:

My guess on a wave 3 is the B Wing, The Tie Bomber, The Imperial Shuttle, and some CG ship that was randomly seen in Episode 4 over Mos Eisley.  There's not a ton of movie cannon that they can use without going back to the Clone Wars stuff.  Not that I would say no to a Clone Wars expansion, mind you.

Somehow, they are going to have to go into the EU for more ships.  To me, that seems the only way to really keep this train rolling.  If that ends up the case….E-Wing all the way for me.

#29 MajorWesJanson

MajorWesJanson

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 03:56 AM

I'm hoping Wave 3 is Tie Defender, Tie Bomber, B-Wing, Z-95.

Plenty of stuff from the X-wing series of games, and they could add a fringe faction

Right now, there are 3 fighters and a large ship for both factions. So to match that for Fringe, I'd go with Gtroc freighter as the big ship, R-41 Starchaser as the mid level fighter, T-Wing as the fast light craft, and Dunelizard as a strike craft. Then if Wave 3 adds 2 more fighters to each side, give the Fringe the Star Viper/Virago and the Cloakshape

#30 dandirk

dandirk

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:36 AM

I think its fairly safe to assume the b-wing and Tie bomber…  They seem like a perfect opposing match for each other.

I would be leaning toward another "medium" ship, either generic for both sides or 1 for each.  My thought is it probably would be something like a gunboat or other "smallish" medium sized support craft.  

The lambda seems like it could work, has 4 forward guns and a double in the rear, allowing a Firespray like setup.  Though it is primarily used for transport, not sure how that would fit in the game (though the YT is a freighter I suppose)…  Maybe it would be a generic ship, having pilots for both sides???

#31 ZiM946

ZiM946

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 10:47 AM

I think everyone has exhausted this post regarding the future ships you'd like to see.

Bwing, Tie Bomber, Tie Defender or Avenger, Z-95 headhunter

Beyond that- there isn't much.

I see the thought of going to EU or prequel.  I really hope the prequel is not brought into this game or the SW LCG.  I was a huge Decipher player and when they exhaused the OG trilogy- the game went to the toilet quick.  Issues with multiple personas started coming up. 

How can Anakin Skywalker be on the board at the same time as Vader?  How can Senator Palpatine be out the same time as Emperor Palpatine?  Those rules always made a mockery of Star Wars to me.  Huge fan boy and really want them to stick with one era or move forward- not backwards.

Don't do the prequels!!!!  It will ruin it!

#32 COMPNOR

COMPNOR

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 12:13 PM

After they exhast the OT im cool with seeing prequel ships: Arc170 Jedi starfighters Naboo starfighters Droid starfighters Tri fighter….. Then move on to New Republic…maybe back to the Old Republic and so on But what I want to see most is a capitol ship spin off game with smaller starfighter squadrons..like wizards of the coast tried..they screwd it up though. Maybe ffg could do it right

REBEL:  Xwing (4) Ywing (3) Awing (2) Bwing (2) Ewing (3) Z95 (3) Falcon (1) HWK290 (1) CR90 (1) GR75 (1)

EMPIRE: TIE (5) Advanced (1) Interceptor (3) Bomber (1) Defender (3) Phantom (3) Lambda (1) Firespray (1)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS