Photo

Limiting the amount of manoeuvres per turn, yes or not?

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Jeno

Jeno

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:26 AM

Hi!

I want to intruduce the following rules in our game, but before I do may I ask you to give me some comments, we had only a couple of games, so I want to hear the more experienced players.

Armor rules:
Superior armor and shield: -1 encumbrance
Light: (encumbrance max 3) no penalty
Medium: (encumbrance 4-5) 1 Missfortune Athletics, Coordination, Stealth
Heavy: (encumbrance 6+) 2 Missfortune Athletics, Coordination, Stealth

Manoeuver rules:
1 manoeuver is free(you can get more from actions)
Action can be forfeited to gain 1 more manoeuver
For additional manoeuvers you need to roll either an Athletics(move) or Coordination(manage equipment) check:
1st extra manoeuver = easy(1d)
2nd extra manoeuver = average(2d)
3rd extra manoeuver = hard(3d)
4th extra manoeuver = daunting(4d) 

Thanks

• Emirikol likes this

#22 k7e9

k7e9

• Members
  • 839 posts

Posted 17 April 2014 - 02:20 PM

Hi Jeno,

The armor rules seems solid. 1 or 2 black is not game breaking in any way and could well be negative modifiers to the skills you list.

I never felt the need to limit the number of manoeuvers the players can take. The fatigue you'll suffer from the additional manoeuvers is enough to make the players limit the number used. Making extra rolls to do will slow combat down quite a lot, especially if the player wants to make multiple extra. A better rule to limit the number of manoeuvers could be to limit the total number of manoeuvers allowed to the character's agility score (the players should still suffer fatigue from extra manoeuvers).

We do use the houserule that you can forfit your action for an additional manoeuver, it works well.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS