The GSA Presents: The Unofficial Species Menagerie

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 TCBC Freak

TCBC Freak

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:49 PM

As I stated in the past, we're not going to try and cover every single species that's out there.  And in fact, this may well be the last update for the USM, so whatever we don't cover, others should feel free to do so, either in this thread or a separate thread.

Okay, well, I'll just drop them in here then:

Balosar ( http://starwars.wiki...losar_(species) )

Brawn   Agility  Intellect  Cunning  Willpower  Presence

2             2          2             3                1               2

Wound Threshold: 9+Brawn

Strain Threshold: 10+Willpower

Starting XP: 100

Starting Abilities: Balosar begin with one rank in Resilience, they still may not train it above rank two at creation. Balosar also begin play with one free rank in the Blooded Talent.

Chagrian ( http://starwars.wiki...m/wiki/Chagrian )

2             2          2             1                3               2

Wound Threshold: 10+Brawn

Starting Abilities: Chagrian begin with one rank in Discipline, they still may not train it above rank two at creation. Chagrian also begin play with the Trait - Amphibious (This character may breathe under water without penalty and never suffers movement penalties for traveling through water).

Dressellian ( http://starwars.wiki...iki/Dressellian )

2             2          2             2                3               1

Wound Threhold: 10+Brawn

Starting Abilities: Dressellian begin with one rank in any one non-career skill of their choice, they still may not train it above rank two at creation. Dressellian also begin play with one free rank in the Second Wind Talent.

Kel Dor ( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Kel_Dor )

2             2          2             2                2               2

Strain Threshold: 11+Willpower

Starting Abilities: Kel Dor begin with one rank in any oneIntellect based skill of their choice, they still may not train it above rank two at creation. Kel Dor also begin play with Trait - Helium Breather (This character starts the game with a breathing apparatus and goggles and treats other atmospheres as dangerous with a rating of 7).

Umbaran ( http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Umbaran )

2             2          2             3               2               1

Strain Threshold: 12+Willpower

Starting XP: 90

Starting Abilities:Umbaran begin with one rank in the Negotiation skill, they still may not train it above rank two at creation. Umbaran also begin play with the Trait - Masters of Intrigue (This character treats all Negotiation skill tests as based on Cunning, not Presence).

So those are the ones I thought have a place in Edge of the Empire and so I wrote them up. I wont be changing them for my game groups use but you can feel free to tweak as you need or feel.

Edited by TCBC Freak, 25 August 2013 - 11:55 PM.

I wish I lived around people who actullay played games instead of just calling themselves gamers....

#42 Emperor Norton

Emperor Norton

• Members
  • 379 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:51 AM

I'm not sure I like the use of "is always a career skill". Its something that we haven't seen in any official writeups, and just seems like a SAGAism rather than really fitting into EotE species design.

I'm also kind of unsure of the Shistavaneen writeup. 1 Brawn on a species that is listed as being able to run at high speed for long periods of time seems weird, and I'm not sure where the 3 Cunning really came from.

Just my opinion, of course.

#43 revanant

revanant

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:06 AM

1) Thank you for the species menagerie. It's an amazing document. 

2) In the game I'm GMing, we've got an Ithorian and a Duros--courtesy of your document.

Best,

Rev

#44 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 5,653 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:17 AM

1) Thank you for the species menagerie. It's an amazing document. 

2) In the game I'm GMing, we've got an Ithorian and a Duros--courtesy of your document.

Best,
Rev

The AoR Beta threads have leaked the official (well, beta level official) info for those races. The info for the Duros is enough to play them fully, but the Ithorian bellow still has not been detailed.

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody.

#45 TCBC Freak

TCBC Freak

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:22 AM

I was wondering if I could get some feed back on a race idea I had. The Miraluka from the Old Republic games, they are still out and a about in this time setting but are on the run cause the empire is hunting them, which made me think they might fit in the EotE game.

Miraluka (http://starwars.wiki...m/wiki/Miraluka)

Brawn   Agility   Intellect   Cunning   Willpower   Presence

2               1               3              2                 2                 2

Strain Threshold: 11+Willpower

Starting Abilities: Miraluka begin with one rank in the Discipline Skill, they still may not train it above rank two at creation. Miraluka also begin play with the Trait – Force Sight (This character can “see” using the Force. They act normally without taking penalties for Blindness when in the presence of life of any kind [they produce their own ‘Force aura,” allowing them to “see” a short distance even when alone in ships devoid of life]. They may read and write as a sighted person. They ignore concealment when making Perception Skill checks against a living target).

This is what I have so far but any ideas or other help would be welcome.

I wish I lived around people who actullay played games instead of just calling themselves gamers....

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS