22 replies to this topic

#21 Thernand

Thernand

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:44 AM

Hi,

Here is what FFG said about the Bow:

The Bow is indeed not a Weapon which means that a Monk may use it before Battle. In addition other characters may use both the Bow and a Weapon card during Battle.

#22 Uvatha

Uvatha

• Members
  • 464 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:18 AM

Thernand said:

Hi,

Here is what FFG said about the Bow:

The Bow is indeed not a Weapon which means that a Monk may use it before Battle. In addition other characters may use both the Bow and a Weapon card during Battle.

Not to sound pushy but… Who was that from FFG? Anyways thats ok. There is always players House Rules if it still stinks to much.

#23 paul dion

paul dion

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 04:03 AM

Uvatha said:

talismanisland said:

Yes, it is for use before a battle.

So its not a printing error? it was designed that way. I wonder how many bows are in the set? maybe its a early rush to get them :). I suppose its a way to stuff it up the assassin at least hehehe.

There are 2 copies of each Armoury card.

With Bow & Flail you can roll 3 dice for your combat roll in battle on a regular basis, provided that you have some spare Gold. Considering that the two items cost 7G and a SINGLE visit to the Armoury, I believe that everyone with a full purse will race for those items in no time.

Besides the semantic dispute about weapons and Weapons, I think that making the Bow as a Weapon would have been a more balanced choice. The Bow is far, far better than the Mercenary Follower (with same costs) and it's a readily available Object that costs like a Sword in the Village. With the City board, I expect the Village Blacksmith to sadly close the shop and pack off to another fantasy realm.

The bow not that far bettter than the Mercenary. Odds are still even that it will do less or as much damage. But the bow is far more east to get.

Edited by paul dion, 09 March 2014 - 06:59 AM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS