Fire wizard is a human tank!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 crazyaxe

crazyaxe

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:34 AM

I just played against a Fire Wizard….  atontado It's a tank!

He sarts that he can defeat all creatures up to strength 4, then if you pump his craft, he kick dragons like a breze!!!!!

And he starts with CRAFT 4!!!!

#2 EvilEdwin

EvilEdwin

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 01:59 AM

The downside being he can't take those enemies he defeats with Pyroblast as trophies. So repeatedly using it will stunt his development,

#3 guciomir

guciomir

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:31 PM

I was also saying that no strenght trophies is a big downside. But it is not , sadly.

You do not need high craft and strenght in this game, only one will suffice. Fire mage basically can't be killed in fight and this is all he needs. If he goes to dungeon, he can simply breeze through the whole dungeon, pumping craft while nothing can touch him. If you play with dragons, he will simply accumulate scales and dominate the game.

As per our games, he is way too powerful and feels like nobody competent playtested him.

#4 Nidhögg

Nidhögg

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:25 PM

You need both Strenght and Craft if you play with The Dragonlands-Inner Region.

And you can always PvP kill the Firewizard.

And he is not much more broken then for an example the Assassin. But yeah, he is up there ;)

#5 crazyaxe

crazyaxe

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:54 PM

My Concern is the starting CRAFT stat, 4 is too much! Moreover every turn he get a spell! Combining both features is too powerfull. I think that without the ability ot gain a spell per turn, he would become "normal" character. He becomes a killer with teleport spell!

#6 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

• Members
  • 1,578 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:23 PM

crazyaxe said:

My Concern is the starting CRAFT stat, 4 is too much! Moreover every turn he get a spell! Combining both features is too powerfull. I think that without the ability ot gain a spell per turn, he would become "normal" character. He becomes a killer with teleport spell!

Imagine the Fire Wizard with Finger of Death, Spell Call and another Spell in hand. He can take 5 lives before he engages in battle!

Fire Wizard does not always win, but this doesn't mean that the character isn't very powerful. He should have a toned-down Spell draw ability, like draw a Spell if you have no Spells in hand.

With no Dragon Expansion, he's still very good because of Spells, but with only pyroblast he would become weak.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS