• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 nimdabew

nimdabew

• Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 04:44 PM

Morrissey said:

I'm truly surprised that Porkins hasn't been made into an official pilot yet.

Especially with some of the imaginary ones that have been put out there, instead.

New ships are nice and all, but I would be much happier with booster pack pilots for wave three. Can you imagine being able to field "rogue squadron"? Or maybe some other famous pilots? I am sure Mara Jade would be a pilot if they ever came out with a Z-95 but I am just hoping. 

I would very happy if they came out with single pilot boosters. Rebel faction guys, imperial faction guys. Each pilot is random, but each box has X number named pilots, X number regular pilots, and speciality upgrade packs. It would at least be a new revenue stream just because of the random factor. 

PR5 3/2/3/2 

Droid/Torp/EPS

I am very surprised that they didn't 

#22 Morrissey

Morrissey

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 05:58 PM

I'm with you on the concept of pilot packs.

But I'm not with you on the idea of doing it randomly.

One of the great appeals of this game (and games like Wings of War/Wings of Glory), is that you can just go and buy what you want; you don't have to buy heaps more than you actually need in order to get specific results.

#23 mrgoodtrips

mrgoodtrips

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:35 PM

Found the card online, just typed jek porkins pilot card into google, takes you to a card generator site, this was on there.

c

#24 nimdabew

nimdabew

• Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:55 PM

Half the fun of getting a bunch of pilots you may or may nor use is opening the packs. Once you get the models, there really isn't any reason to buy the game anymore unless there is a new ship to buy. Having a random chance of pilot would allow additional revenue just for the chance of getting the totally awesome pilot or a bunch of filler pilots like dark curse or howlrunner. I like the booster idea for a specific ship type because a crappy oulot could be coupled with a really awesome upgrade card. 

#25 Red Three

Red Three

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 03:49 PM

I'll second the idea of more pilot cards vice more ships.  I think Porkins is a great idea (and laughed out loud at both of the sample cards).  Here's another, from Wraith Squadron:

Voort saBinring, aka "Piggy" (X-wing)

Standard stats

Pilot skill:  at the beginning of the movement phase, before any other pilot moves, Piggy gets to choose one enemy ship within Range 1 of his X-wing and see that ship's movement dial, then adjust his movement accordingly (if he so desires).

In the books, Piggy was supposed to be extraordinarly mathematically gifted, and could take other ships' movements into account even in large dogfights.  I think this skill would reflect that ability.

#26 Kemmster

Kemmster

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:25 PM

How about to reflect his skill with strafing runs which would probably translate to high g tolerence he can ignore the stress incured from red manouevers?  Skill level same as Biggs.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS