Homebrew Jedi!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#21 awayputurwpn

awayputurwpn

• Members
  • 1,413 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:29 AM

Curse these boards. I keep forgetting to check them!

Thanks for the thoughts, Thebearisdriving. My idea is that, in an EotE setting, a Jedi would not have had the luxury of going through the traditional youngling-Padawan-Knight progression. They will "have greatness thrust upon them," as it were. In other words, they've had to grow up fast. Knighthood, if it happens, happens at a significant part of the story, and is generally unrelated to their position on the talent tree IMO. But that's just the flavor of my envisionment.

Regarding the formatting issues, I've found that the PDF version of the document consistently displays very awkwardly. But if you print it out on paper, it prints clean. For whatever reason, the glitches only appear on-screen.

I'm gonna take some time with the other talent critiques (thank you so much for those!). But as to 3 of them:

Redirection is a little complicated, but that's just the nature of competetive checks. I don't think I added much onto the rules that wasn't there already. I also feel that an oversimplified Redirection mechanic does a disservice to the notion of blaster-redirection and the richness of the game system. But I would love to collude with others and attempt to put together something that the majority of players can get on board with.

Force Body: yeah, I had something like that in the works, but it just felt too d20-ish to me. But like I said, I'll take some time with that and see how it works!

Absorption: It shouldn't matter, since Soak applies to all damage, be it Wounds or Strain.  

Thanks again!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS