• 24 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:48 PM

Awesome! Thanks!

#43 SteelePhoenix

SteelePhoenix

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:06 AM

Just grabbed the new file.  Looking really good.  Very impressed with what you have done so far.  I really like that once more experience is added the Attribute modifier section is no longer editable.

Couple suggestions:

1) Add a version number to the Intro tab

2) This might be a preference for me, but it would be easier to find things if the Misc Gear list was sorted.

3) When an item is added to the Misc Gear list the drop downs for Carried and Looted should become white instead of orange?

4) With a mechanic trait tinkerer we should get a hard point list for an item with no hard points natively, ie padded armor.  Maybe the answer is we need to go manually find and change the entry for that item?  This would also allow us to 'mess' with and customize weapons / armor more than could really be accounted for easily by a premade form.

#44 QuietDroid

QuietDroid

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:48 AM

Great work.

Thanks so much for putting the time into this.

#45 azato

azato

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:02 AM

I have not tried this yet but a player told me, "It won't let me pick my second set if specialized skills, and doesn't calculate for armored cloth."

#46 Boehm

Boehm

• Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:33 AM

Great work - just one suggestion:

How about updating it with the optional (houserule) races from here

http://gsa.thegamern...-menagerie-2-0/

• Drathen likes this

#47 Tassedar

Tassedar

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:48 PM

The custom race option allows for this.

#48 Boehm

Boehm

• Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 01:57 PM

ahh OK missed that / would still be nice to have the races included directly though...

#49 Kallabecca

Kallabecca

• Members
  • 719 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:18 PM

ahh OK missed that / would still be nice to have the races included directly though...

Well, then start adding them, heheh.

#50 Donovan Morningfire

Donovan Morningfire

Looking for a saint? Look elsewhere.

• Members
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 02:45 PM

As one of the authors of the Unofficial Species Menagerie, if you want to add them in as a default option (and have both the time and inclination to do so), feel free.

I've been going through the write-ups, and mechanically there's very, very few changes to the species.  Only one that immediately comes to mind is Falleen and their pheromones, which I made into more of an offensive trait, and the Zeltron pheromones being a tad broader in what skills it provides a boost die to.

Dono's Gaming & Etc Blog - http://jedimorningfire.blogspot.com/

"You worry about those drink vouchers, I'll worry about that bar tab!"

#51 Dekker

Dekker

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:16 AM

First, love the spreadsheet, but also feel the pain about the OpenOffice incompatibility.

But I do have one request (not quite a bug). For the Feral Strength talent, it should add your Feral Strength rank to all Melee and Brawl damage numbers for your listed weapons. This could be added directly to the Damage component of all Melee and Brawl weapons, or more generally, anytime there is a Talent that modifies a weapon's stats, perhaps there could be a note in the block listing for that weapon on Page 1 of the char sheet.

Second, Trandoshans get Claw attacks - is there a way to detect this and add the relevant weapon to the char's sheet? Short of creating a Claw weapon directly, that is.

Ossk's travel log: Adventures in the Outer Rim (http://AdventuresInT...im.blogspot.ca/)

#52 Sketchpad

Sketchpad

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:09 AM

I have OpenOffice. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to open in OpenOffice.

There's probably a fair bit of Visual Basic in the sheet that would make it hard/improbable to open the file in OpenOffice and expect it to work as is.

Thanks for the responses, gang. Kal, you're probably right there. Does anyone know of a free program that would allow me to use this? I switched over to OO rather than MS Office many moons ago.

Sketchpad, DylanRPG, & Kallabecca - Good Question and responses... I grabbed a copy of open office as well to see if it would work, and I had no luck.  I don't know if there is anything I can do to help make it work.  Unfortunately, with limited time availability, trying to figure it out won't be a priority.  Sorry.

Bren, no reason to be sorry. :) Thanks for checking though. :)

#53 Sketchpad

Sketchpad

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:29 PM

Okay, so this sheet is awesome! And I got it working on OO to boot! ;) After running it through a excel converter, I'm able to open it in OO but lose a bit of the functionality. Bren, would you be up to try an experiment? Is there a way to save it as a xls file instead of a xlsx?

#54 CaptFunNugz

CaptFunNugz

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:57 PM

Any way to add a picture for my character? I am guessing no :) and....

page 3 of the character sheet is always blank for me... should this be populating with my talents?

#55 CaptFunNugz

CaptFunNugz

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:16 PM

Answered my own question... unprotect the sheet -> add pic :/

Still not sure if Char Sheet pg3 should work or not though....

#56 Bren_Waynero

Bren_Waynero

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:19 PM

Bren a bug or not noticed when you take a tallent in the forcs exile tree it dosent make perception and vigilancs career skill on the skills page.

In the Force Exile talent tree, 'Insight' now makes Perception and Discipline career skills.  The builder adds them under the spec skills list rather than the career list, I kept them separate to make it easier to control which set you get four from, and which set you get two from at creation.  Remember, after creation, the benefit of additional career skills is cheaper XP costs for ranks, you don't get any free ranks with new skills.  Once you take 'Insight', the spec list should light up the two skills (indicating they are now career/spec skills) and the cost to purchase ranks should be reduced to the proper amount.  Also... the problem still exists where if you gain a new career skill for a skill that you had already ranks purchased in, you end up getting a 'refund' in XP based on the new cost.  RAW do not allow that, so to be fair you would need to do a negative XP reward to correct it.  The complexity to formulate a way to take into account all the possible options for when skills become 'career' skills is beyond my abilities at this time.

Just grabbed the new file.  Looking really good.  Very impressed with what you have done so far.  I really like that once more experience is added the Attribute modifier section is no longer editable.

Couple suggestions:

1) Add a version number to the Intro tab

2) This might be a preference for me, but it would be easier to find things if the Misc Gear list was sorted.

3) When an item is added to the Misc Gear list the drop downs for Carried and Looted should become white instead of orange?

4) With a mechanic trait tinkerer we should get a hard point list for an item with no hard points natively, ie padded armor.  Maybe the answer is we need to go manually find and change the entry for that item?  This would also allow us to 'mess' with and customize weapons / armor more than could really be accounted for easily by a premade form.

Excellent ideas.

1)  Done.  Will be included in next update.

2)  Done.  Gear, armor, and attachments will appear alphabetically.  I have a question regarding weapons... should they all be listed alphabetically?   Or should I break them down by skill then alphabetize them... so that brawl shows first, followed by melee, then Ranged (light), Ranged (heavy), and lastly Gunnery?  Should thrown weapons be a category by themselves rather than a part of ranged (light)?  Thoughts and opinions anyone?

3)  I have it set so that those options don't appear until a quantity is filled in.  Without a quantity the items won't appear on the sheets.  My thinking is once you have it, you can then choose the carried/looted options.  If enough people would prefer they all light up together, I can work on that change.

4)  It will take a bit of work, but I should be able to add a 'Tinkerer' option to the Weapons & Armor tab that appears as ranks of 'Tinkerer' are taken.  I will add it to the list of things to do. 

I have not tried this yet but a player told me, "It won't let me pick my second set if specialized skills, and doesn't calculate for armored cloth."

As I mentioned above, RAW only allow free skills for your initial career and specialization.  The builder will not allow you to add any extra free skills.  The advantage of new skills from additional specializations is that skills cost less XP to buy.  Regarding armored cloth... it should correctly add to Soak, but I now see that none of the armors that grant a defense bonus actually calculate that into the sheets.  I will get to work on that one soon. 

First, love the spreadsheet, but also feel the pain about the OpenOffice incompatibility.

But I do have one request (not quite a bug). For the Feral Strength talent, it should add your Feral Strength rank to all Melee and Brawl damage numbers for your listed weapons. This could be added directly to the Damage component of all Melee and Brawl weapons, or more generally, anytime there is a Talent that modifies a weapon's stats, perhaps there could be a note in the block listing for that weapon on Page 1 of the char sheet.

Second, Trandoshans get Claw attacks - is there a way to detect this and add the relevant weapon to the char's sheet? Short of creating a Claw weapon directly, that is.

First - I like the idea of adding the Feral Strength into the damage automatically, however... as I read it, it only allows the additional damage to one hit per successful attack.  So if a player happened to be using two melee/brawl weapons to attack, and succeeded, they would then have to subtract the Feral Strength bonus from the second weapon's damage.  Right?  I could use some clarification with my interpretation if anyone has some advice.  In the meantime, I will look into putting a notation in the weapon blocks somewhere for those who have the talents.

Second - Good idea.  I think I could add 'Claw(s)' as a weapon using the notes under Trandoshans as my guide.  I would then set it up with a free cost.  As a player, you would need to 'buy' the weapon still to get it on the sheet.  The trick for me will be setting it up so that not any race can get them for free.  But I think it can be done.    Added to the list.

Okay, so this sheet is awesome! And I got it working on OO to boot! ;) After running it through a excel converter, I'm able to open it in OO but lose a bit of the functionality. Bren, would you be up to try an experiment? Is there a way to save it as a xls file instead of a xlsx?

I believe I could do that.  I will try... wait... "Try not.  Do.  Or do not.  There is no try"  I will do it soon.   If it works, I will add it into my signature for those who want to access it.

Any way to add a picture for my character? I am guessing no :) and....

page 3 of the character sheet is always blank for me... should this be populating with my talents?

Yes... and you already found it.  The problem I had when adding my own pictures was size/scale.  Some of the pics I had wouldn't fit nicely in the box.  So I just sized them as best I could.

Page 3 should start to populate with talents/abilities after the space on page 2 fills up.  Starting out with only a few talents, you shouldn't need page 3 unless you have gone into the Force powers.  As you gain XP and add additional talents, eventually they will start showing up on page 3.  As an additional note on talent listings, they won't always appear in the order you chose them, nor will they sort alphabetically.  Since I avoided using macros, I came up with an overly complicated method of sorting talents that would also track how many times a ranked talent was taken.  As a result, they end up in an unpredictable order.

So... it looks like I have some work to do.  Be back eventually.

May the Force be with you.

Excel character builder - SWEotE_CharSheet_1.05.xlsx

Excel Dice Roller - SWEotE_DiceRoller.xlsx

#57 Bren_Waynero

Bren_Waynero

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:51 PM

Well, a quick note... At this time, it appears that I am unable to save it as an xls file that keeps all data intact.  I have too much data outside the specified acceptable areas.  I'm pretty sure I know which page is the problem.  The one where I built my talent sorting and counting list.  I will see if I can adjust it eventually to make it work.  But for now it looks like a 'Do not' for me.  :(

May the Force be with you.

Excel character builder - SWEotE_CharSheet_1.05.xlsx

Excel Dice Roller - SWEotE_DiceRoller.xlsx

#58 Perotis

Perotis

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:02 PM

I'm having troulbe setting career and spec skills at creation.  we are supposed to get 4 career skills and 2 spec skills, but the spreadsheet only allows me to pick 3/1

#59 Desslok

Desslok

• Members
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:12 PM

So for some reason the "let you see more advanced excel file types" patch from Microsoft isn't working for me and my copy of Office 2003. Is there a way you can save it as an older version, or are the computations inherent to Modern Excel?

#60 Perotis

Perotis

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:24 PM

fixed

Edited by Perotis, 17 July 2013 - 10:25 PM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS