Excel Character Builder

• Please log in to reply
187 replies to this topic

#21 Tassedar

Tassedar

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:54 AM

it has been the best way for me to keep track of my groups characters and my personal friend in making npc's only thing i would add is a npc tab to add adversary, a custom weapons tab for things that can be made custom for characters like armor guns and misc adders to stats so it can look clean.

#22 Darkvalkyrie74

Darkvalkyrie74

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 07:41 PM

• Found another glitch.  Was making a Jawa Technician - Outlaw Tech.  Character creation was a breezy in adding custom stats, but on page 2, all the Talents say # N/A  #N/A#N/A
  • Cant wait until the updated version with the new core rulebook.  My little game group is loving this game so far.

#23 Drathen

Drathen

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:17 PM

Yeah I really am loving this tool! WTB update! :)

#24 A1istir

A1istir

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:35 PM

No link?

#25 kinnison

kinnison

• Members
  • 316 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 12:54 AM

I think the recent forum changes deleted everyone's signiture and profile pic

Check out my current Campaign:

The Minos Cluster

Comments and suggestions appreciated via PM

#26 vadersson

vadersson

• Members
  • 110 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 08:35 AM

WOW, this is NICE.  This reminds me of the old Saga Edition "Don't call it a Generator" sheet from the WOTC forums.  Please keep working on this as it is a wonderful tool and very cool.

Thank you,

Duncan

Gold 109 (ret.)

Wesa need Gungans!

#27 thorn-124

thorn-124

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:06 AM

I would like to see an excel version of the starship sheet.

#28 Nashable

Nashable

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 09:08 AM

I would like to see an excel version of the starship sheet.

Go build it :)

Member of the Brick Vader fan-club (NSFW)
Author of the award winning Ship Repair for GMs (Detailed | Simple)

#29 A1istir

A1istir

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 10:59 AM

I think the recent forum changes deleted everyone's signiture and profile pic

So how is everyone getting it...? Am I missing something...?

#30 Critter

Critter

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:01 AM

He posted the mediafire link to the .55 version a few replies after his initial post.

#31 A1istir

A1istir

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 11:51 AM

I completely did not see that. Thank you!

#32 Jegergryte

Jegergryte

• Members
  • 1,513 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:42 AM

[snip]

Edited by Jegergryte, 15 July 2013 - 05:51 AM.

Make sure your brain is engaged, before putting your mouth into gear.

"What about the future...? We can only hope, we cannot however account for the minutiae of the quanta, as all accidents in an infinite space are inevitable."

GMLovlie's/Jegergryte's Cubicle direct link to supplements here.

#33 Naglareph

Naglareph

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:49 AM

When you select talents from the Force Sensitive Exile talent tree, Quick Draw (Second row exp cost : 10) is replaced by a second Convincing Demeanor.

Edit : Also allow for double motivations. If it was made I didn't see it.

Edited by Naglareph, 15 July 2013 - 06:52 AM.

May the Force be with you.

#34 Sketchpad

Sketchpad

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:30 PM

Has anyone had any luck opening this in Open Office?

#35 Sketchpad

Sketchpad

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:31 PM

Has anyone had any luck opening this in Open Office?

#36 DylanRPG

DylanRPG

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:29 PM

I have OpenOffice. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to open in OpenOffice.

Complete PDF Talent Trees:https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

Form Fillable Official Character Sheet: https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

#37 Kallabecca

Kallabecca

• Members
  • 685 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:34 PM

There's probably a fair bit of Visual Basic in the sheet that would make it hard/improbable to open the file in OpenOffice and expect it to work as is.

#38 Bren_Waynero

Bren_Waynero

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:03 PM

New update up and ready.  Here's a link...

SWEotE_CharSheet_1.0.xlsx

I have also updated the link in my signature.

I have not done much testing of all the options.  I was mostly concerned with what I was adding, which seems to be working.  However, it is possible that in making the changes, I broke something else.  Please continue to post any problems you find here and I will try addressing them as time permits.

Primary changes include...

Fixed 'looted' option on Armor & Weapons tab so that it works as a 0 credit expense.

Adjusted Obligation options to allow choosing more options (up to + 20 Obligation).

Core rulebook changes implemented

Put Twi'leks wound threshold back down to 10 + Brawn.  :(

XP costs and layout for Force powers.

Talent tree changes.

Career/Specialization skills adjusted.

Skill names updated.

Adjusted cost of goods.

Added new attachments.

Removed mod options that are no longer allowed.

In response to some of the posts made here recently... 

Tassedar - A customization page/option to further customize gear via talents or GM permission is a great idea.  Not sure how long it will take me to implement, but I will make a note of it as a future project. 

Darkvalkyrie - I have seen the talent display go all N/A before.  I believe this is caused by a talent or SA that is not in the list (or just spelled wrong) the sheet uses to lookup the info.  As I have only included the core species SA's in the list, if you create a custom option, it won't find it.  To fix this, you can unhide the 'Raw Data' tab, and add info for the additional SA at the bottom of the talent section.  You will find the core SA's there already... claws, regeneration, etc. 

vadersson - I got the idea to do this from the old 'Don't Call it a Generator'... That was an amazing piece of work.  I am nowhere near that level of expertise.

thorn & Nashable - Starship sheets are something I also want to do.  But I am going to stick with this for now.  With my limited time to work on this, I will remain focused on correcting any issues here before I start any new sheets.  Also, if an AoR beta book comes out at GenCon, my time would be spent trying to add that info into this one, if possible.

A1istir & Critter - Sorry about the missing links, I was unaware that my signature was lost with the forum change.  But it's back now.  :)

Naglareph - Talent Trees should all be up to date with the Core book now in this release.  Also, on the Obligation/Motivation tab, there is a 'false front motivation' choice... bottom middle I believe.

Sketchpad, DylanRPG, & Kallabecca - Good Question and responses... I grabbed a copy of open office as well to see if it would work, and I had no luck.  I don't know if there is anything I can do to help make it work.  Unfortunately, with limited time availability, trying to figure it out won't be a priority.  Sorry.

• vargr, QuietDroid and Critter like this

May the Force be with you.

Excel character builder - SWEotE_CharSheet_1.05.xlsx

Excel Dice Roller - SWEotE_DiceRoller.xlsx

#39 DylanRPG

DylanRPG

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:52 PM

Bren, about OpenOffice, I'm guessing it's a program compatibility issue and I wouldn't expect you to fix it. I'm more likely to find a different program that will open it properly (and I may take the plunge and go for Microsoft Excel if I really want it).

I am able to open it up in a trial version of Excel, and I can tell that it's an impressive piece of work. Thanks for doing it :)

Complete PDF Talent Trees:https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

Form Fillable Official Character Sheet: https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

#40 Tassedar

Tassedar

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:59 PM

Bren a bug or not noticed when you take a tallent in the forcs exile tree it dosent make perception and vigilancs career skill on the skills page.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS