Excel Character Builder

• Please log in to reply
188 replies to this topic

#181 Tricky110974

Tricky110974

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:01 AM

I'm starting to feel like a PITA here. I can see that when one chooses a specialization from a different career, it is throwing out a #VALUE error for XP cost (in this case, I'm trying to create a Smuggler Pilot/Doctor).

Not all all. I am slowing working through all the calculations across all the sheets. There is quite a bit of dependancy between sheets and so if I change one thing it can have unforeseen affects. I welcome all feedback as it is faster than me having to build hundreds of characters to test every possibility.

#182 Tricky110974

Tricky110974

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:21 AM

Think the XP issue is fixed. There was a formula that looked at the text, 1st, 2nd, etc. I changed the text because it had a leading space character, not realising that a formula was expecting the space.

Again, the file is still version 1.09a.

• Kalan likes this

#183 Simonb1

Simonb1

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:17 AM

Hi all,

I am a long time lurker, but after trying out the latest version and finding a few bugs I decided to lend a helping hand.

I have fixed these bugs but I cannot upload my corrected version.
The corrected bugs are:-
Skills page, no career or specialization, generates #N/A's on every skill.
Obligation page, extra obligation granting extra XP and Cash.
Character Sheet 1, Stating that a non FS character has a force rating of 1.

Yours

Simonb1

#184 Tricky110974

Tricky110974

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 03:33 PM

Hi all,

I am a long time lurker, but after trying out the latest version and finding a few bugs I decided to lend a helping hand.

I have fixed these bugs but I cannot upload my corrected version.
The corrected bugs are:-
Skills page, no career or specialization, generates #N/A's on every skill.
Obligation page, extra obligation granting extra XP and Cash.
Character Sheet 1, Stating that a non FS character has a force rating of 1.

Yours

Simonb1

Thanks for the help, although not sure how much it helps if you can't upload anywhere. ;)

As I am going through the sheet I am doing 3 things:

1. I am changing all ranges to named ranges and adding a lot of named cells (to help identify what is happening)

2. I am creating error trapping to remove the various error messages that appear

3. Removing any redundant data/formulas

There is a risk that as I tinker with an existing formula I will upset some linked formula so I expect there to be a few "new" errors, just because of that. I am trying to work methodically now and get all the formulas in a consistent format before I look at implementing the outstanding requests. I have completed 4 sheets and now looking at Talents.

After that, it is equipment and I am expecting this to take a bit of sorting through (just so I understand what it going on behind the scenes). Then I can finally look at the actually print sheets.

If you see any bugs let me know and I will fix ASAP and upload a new copy.

Latest version (1.10a) is here. Note that this is a work in progress version of my clean up exercise.

Edited by Tricky110974, 27 January 2014 - 03:52 PM.

#185 TYMONGER

TYMONGER

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:56 PM

The Excel sheet looks awesome but there is not way to add modifications to the armor or guns. And to show the coast.

Edited by TYMONGER, 03 February 2014 - 06:57 PM.

#186 Dyslexic Dragon

Dyslexic Dragon

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:15 PM

When will you have the races from Suns of Fortune added?

#187 truednd

truednd

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:50 PM

I think Claws is missing from the table of talents. When I make a Trandoshan, the Claws talent shows #N/A next to it and it keeps repeating. The Regeneration skill does not even appear, which I am guessing is because of this issue.

Edited by truednd, 11 March 2014 - 11:08 PM.

#188 Scruffy looking nerf herdr

Scruffy looking nerf herdr

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:07 PM

I wanted to first and foremost thank all who have worked on this Sheet.  It is amazing, one of the best for any game I've seen.

I did run into a problem and thought I should check if it was somehow on my end, or if I picked up an older copy.  I have ver. 1.10a, and 1.05 (the older just for researching this).

I plugged away at making a few test characters, but when I got to the Character sheet portion, the ranks column has a "#REF!" in all the cells.  Also looks like all the math directs to P84, which is Brawn (it is this way in all the fields, even for Int skills and such).  I am using Excel 2007

I do see your last post about it being a work in progress, so please don't think I'm trying to give you grief in any way.  Again, you're doing us all a great service.

*** Just grabbed ver 1.09a, no issue, so I'll work with that for now.  Thank you. ***

Edited by Scruffy looking nerf herdr, 05 April 2014 - 08:16 PM.

#189 jyanta

jyanta

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:26 AM

I did find some issues with the Sheet.  I grabbed the 1.09a and 1.10a versions and saw the same issue.

The first issue is that the Defined Name for equipment_data should be =tables!$DQ$2:$FI$201  Currently it is set to not include all the equipment and that makes errors when adding equipment from Tool Box down in the Gear Tab.

The second issue is that Character Sheet pg 1 Tab all the Ranks have a broken #REF.  I just updated them to now point to the E# and that corrected this issue:

Example:

Astrogation (Int) should be =IF(P84="","",Skills!E3)

Ranged - Light (Agi) should be =IF(P84="","",Skills!E28)

Still a great sheet and it really helps to allow me to build characters while traveling on the plane (and not having my books around).

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS