Excel Character Builder

• Please log in to reply
187 replies to this topic

#181 Tricky110974

Tricky110974

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:01 AM

I'm starting to feel like a PITA here. I can see that when one chooses a specialization from a different career, it is throwing out a #VALUE error for XP cost (in this case, I'm trying to create a Smuggler Pilot/Doctor).

Not all all. I am slowing working through all the calculations across all the sheets. There is quite a bit of dependancy between sheets and so if I change one thing it can have unforeseen affects. I welcome all feedback as it is faster than me having to build hundreds of characters to test every possibility.

#182 Tricky110974

Tricky110974

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 04:21 AM

Think the XP issue is fixed. There was a formula that looked at the text, 1st, 2nd, etc. I changed the text because it had a leading space character, not realising that a formula was expecting the space.

Again, the file is still version 1.09a.

• Kalan likes this

#183 Simonb1

Simonb1

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 January 2014 - 04:17 AM

Hi all,

I am a long time lurker, but after trying out the latest version and finding a few bugs I decided to lend a helping hand.

I have fixed these bugs but I cannot upload my corrected version.
The corrected bugs are:-
Skills page, no career or specialization, generates #N/A's on every skill.
Obligation page, extra obligation granting extra XP and Cash.
Character Sheet 1, Stating that a non FS character has a force rating of 1.

Yours

Simonb1

#184 Tricky110974

Tricky110974

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 27 January 2014 - 03:33 PM

Hi all,

I am a long time lurker, but after trying out the latest version and finding a few bugs I decided to lend a helping hand.

I have fixed these bugs but I cannot upload my corrected version.
The corrected bugs are:-
Skills page, no career or specialization, generates #N/A's on every skill.
Obligation page, extra obligation granting extra XP and Cash.
Character Sheet 1, Stating that a non FS character has a force rating of 1.

Yours

Simonb1

Thanks for the help, although not sure how much it helps if you can't upload anywhere. ;)

As I am going through the sheet I am doing 3 things:

1. I am changing all ranges to named ranges and adding a lot of named cells (to help identify what is happening)

2. I am creating error trapping to remove the various error messages that appear

3. Removing any redundant data/formulas

There is a risk that as I tinker with an existing formula I will upset some linked formula so I expect there to be a few "new" errors, just because of that. I am trying to work methodically now and get all the formulas in a consistent format before I look at implementing the outstanding requests. I have completed 4 sheets and now looking at Talents.

After that, it is equipment and I am expecting this to take a bit of sorting through (just so I understand what it going on behind the scenes). Then I can finally look at the actually print sheets.

If you see any bugs let me know and I will fix ASAP and upload a new copy.

Latest version (1.10a) is here. Note that this is a work in progress version of my clean up exercise.

Edited by Tricky110974, 27 January 2014 - 03:52 PM.

#185 TYMONGER

TYMONGER

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 February 2014 - 06:56 PM

The Excel sheet looks awesome but there is not way to add modifications to the armor or guns. And to show the coast.

Edited by TYMONGER, 03 February 2014 - 06:57 PM.

#186 Dyslexic Dragon

Dyslexic Dragon

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:15 PM

When will you have the races from Suns of Fortune added?

#187 truednd

truednd

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 March 2014 - 10:50 PM

I think Claws is missing from the table of talents. When I make a Trandoshan, the Claws talent shows #N/A next to it and it keeps repeating. The Regeneration skill does not even appear, which I am guessing is because of this issue.

Edited by truednd, 11 March 2014 - 11:08 PM.

#188 Scruffy looking nerf herdr

Scruffy looking nerf herdr

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 08:07 PM

I wanted to first and foremost thank all who have worked on this Sheet.  It is amazing, one of the best for any game I've seen.

I did run into a problem and thought I should check if it was somehow on my end, or if I picked up an older copy.  I have ver. 1.10a, and 1.05 (the older just for researching this).

I plugged away at making a few test characters, but when I got to the Character sheet portion, the ranks column has a "#REF!" in all the cells.  Also looks like all the math directs to P84, which is Brawn (it is this way in all the fields, even for Int skills and such).  I am using Excel 2007

I do see your last post about it being a work in progress, so please don't think I'm trying to give you grief in any way.  Again, you're doing us all a great service.

*** Just grabbed ver 1.09a, no issue, so I'll work with that for now.  Thank you. ***

Edited by Scruffy looking nerf herdr, 05 April 2014 - 08:16 PM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS