Restricted

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 horico

horico

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:42 AM

So i have a question about this keyword. I've been reading online blogs of the game (seemed credible but now more confusing) and they implied that they attatch two (for example) spears of the citadel on the same character. I know a single character cant hold more than one restricted, so no spear of citadel and citadel plate one one character. That is correct right, as per the keyword right?
My question is this, If an armour or weapon do not have the restricted keyword. can a character hold more than one armour or weapon? It seems silly that a single character sports two armours and three weapons at a time.
I dont know of any without the restricted keyword off the top of my head so, maybe this question is just hypothetical.

#2 GrandSpleen

GrandSpleen

• Members
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:32 AM

You can have 2 restricted attachments, regardless of what they are.  So yes, you can have 2 citadel plates on the same character.

But!  You can't have 2 spears of the citadel on the same character.  The card specifically forbids it: it says "Limit 1 per character."  I've seen people mention putting 2 spears on a single character also… I'm not sure why so many people seem to miss that text.

#3 horico

horico

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 09:27 AM

Thank you that's a great help. One last question about a keyword. For Ranged. Does the player the creature is engaged with have to have an attacker for a ranged character to attack or could the player enganged with just defend and another player with ranged attacks it?

#4 GrandSpleen

GrandSpleen

• Members
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:42 AM

A ranged character can attack an enemy engaged with another player even if the ranged character is the only character attacking.  I'm getting that from the manual: ranged characters may declare attacks against enemies engaged with other players (p. 24).  If you are the ranged character's controller, you can declare the attack when it's your turn to declare attacks.  In that case, the ranged character can attack alone.  Alternatively, on another player's turn, you can participate in an attack declared by the other player (in this case, I believe there must be another character attacking, because the other player would have had to choose a character in order to delcare an attack).

#5 Nerdmeister

Nerdmeister

• Members
  • 639 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:26 PM

horico said:

It seems silly that a single character sports two armours and three weapons at a time.

Try to think of it as one masterwork piece of armor if you put 2 citadel plates on the same character

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS