New POD: NECROMANCERS!

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#41 Sebashaw

Sebashaw

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:09 AM

It would be interesting a returning to the 1° edition of the content.

#42 evilidler

evilidler

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 03:56 PM

I was fiddling about with shipping on Miniature Market to order some cards, and I prepared a bunch. The first-class price was fine. Total still amounted to far less than the goods would cost from the LGS. Ordered, shipped and received in less than a week. All is well, right?

Then I checked prices on other items I know are small and light after the order arrived. Suddenly first-class wasn't available. This also happened to other sites, including FFG's store. So there was a USPS API screw-up recently which made only the more expensive expedited shipping available, doubling the price (or worse). Now things are back to normal, and I can once again choose first-class on MM, and I checked the store here again. Also available there. A couple of PODs for $18 worth of shipping, rather than $40.

So check shipping again if you're in Europe!

#43 Beren Eoath

Beren Eoath

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:37 PM

Sebashaw said:

Yes, that's one of the thing that I miss - the content from WFRP 1e. But the licence from GW forbids such things, GW would have to allow of a come back of contents - especialy Malal or forgotten Gods would be fun.

#44 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,084 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 07:27 AM

Sebashaw said:

What content in particular?  The character content for 1e was simply primordial in content.  When I look back the main content that I would long for is maybe some of the chaos presentation and the "greasy-evilness" of the spells.

jh

#45 Cabello

Cabello

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:07 PM

So my copy of the on arrived today. Have to say I am very pleased. Spells up through rank 4 (necros are advaced, so you cant start as one). Really like the bound goul. One of my players really want to play as one now. Oh and the grave warden has an awesome ability.

#46 Glorian Underhill

Glorian Underhill

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

Saying it is awesome and then don't telling what it does!

You are most cruel! triste

#47 Beren Eoath

Beren Eoath

• Members
  • 314 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

I'm also curious what are the abilities. It has to be good becouse Yopu have to pay for them a lot wioth shippint to Europe it's twice the cost. And it's a 20$ POD so it has to be special.

#48 DurakBlackaxe

DurakBlackaxe

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:25 PM

I got my copy yesterday.

Necromancy spells, 2 necromancer classes, 1 ghoul pet with Pact abilities (Talent cards for the pet). Grave Warden. Cant remember what the career ability cards are but.

The Grave Warden skill I like is the one where they can use anything as a weapon.  Shovel power is all i can say.

Gravedigger

#49 gmanjkd

gmanjkd

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 01:07 AM

DurakBlackaxe, can you tell us how many and what Rank the Necromancy spells are?  

Thanks

Gary

#50 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,084 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:52 AM

I just noticed that the Grave Warden can't use the action card with his picture on it on the announcement…

Otherwise, here is the pre-gen character that I uploaded to RPGGeek for completion of the Liber Fanatica 7 pregen article:

#51 DurakBlackaxe

DurakBlackaxe

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:49 AM

Spells - necro

2 Rank 1 spells

4 rank 2 spells

2 rank 3 spells

2 rank 4 spells

spells - light

2 rank 1

1 rank 2

1 rank 3

In reply to what Emirikol just said:

Drat, I though with the picture of the grave digger it was his action card. Seems he will need to buy it on character creation then. Doesnt even have traits on it eg basic. Doesnt look as good now in the light of day with the recharge on it, unless your lucky with the dice.

#52 Romus

Romus

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:11 AM

Got mine yesterday.

#53 Cabello

Cabello

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:49 AM

Grave warden career ability, reduce severity of fear checks by one, once per session treat terror as fear.

as for the goul pacts, there are 4 different one. +2 wounds, -1 to enemy wound threshold, +1 equilibrium, once per turn as a free action reduce goul's vigour (equivolent of wind or obidience) by one to gain 1 power. can have one socketed. master necro goul can have two socketed.

necro spells are pretty sweet, including things like raising up a bunch of skeletons and zombies!

#54 gmanjkd

gmanjkd

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:52 AM

DurakBlackaxe,  thanks for the details!  I am waiting on mine.  It will probably be a month, maybe Two.

#55 Sebashaw

Sebashaw

• Members
  • 287 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:04 AM

Emirikol said:

Sebashaw said:

What content in particular?  The character content for 1e was simply primordial in content.  When I look back the main content that I would long for is maybe some of the chaos presentation and the "greasy-evilness" of the spells.

jh

Legal gods.

Elemental mages.

People from Kislev.

Fimirs.

#56 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

I guess this is better than nothing, i.e. it is better that the line is supported somehow by the designers, and from the grave is indeed a good POD. Nontheless, I start to feel a bit disapointed with all this POD thing. They are very expensive and they are just cards, nothing more than what any of us could do with strange eons. Specially here FFG is missing a good oportunity to finally contribute to the world of warhammer. Few has been writen regarding Dark Magic and Necromancy in any edition of the game (a part from great fan stuff), a box or a book with some background plus the contents of the POD (and a bit more) would have been a great supplement, and not only for warhammer 3 fans.

Still I guess a POD is better than nothing

Cheers,

Yepes

The Book of the Asur - High Elf fan supplement

The Dark Side - Witches, Warlocks, Dark Magic and more

Secrets of the Anvil - Advanced Dwarf careers and runes

Dice statistics calculator for SW EotE

#57 Romus

Romus

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 06:49 PM

I thought I read somewhere that the Necromancer Careers have access to the Dark Magic spells when buying career spells. Did I immagine this because I can't find information on it now. 

#58 DurakBlackaxe

DurakBlackaxe

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 09:46 AM

So for the UK.for me  $19.99 = £18.86 with delivery and currency conversion cost added on.

#59 crimsonsun

crimsonsun

• Members
  • 218 posts

Posted 04 March 2013 - 09:25 AM

Romus said:

I thought I read somewhere that the Necromancer Careers have access to the Dark Magic spells when buying career spells. Did I immagine this because I can't find information on it now. 

It was in my house rules for Dark magic and Necromancy never been a feature of the main rules as unless covered by the POD its not been needed in the main rules.

Mine cost £21 with delivery i think Durak but the exchange rate fluctuates daily so that could easily explain the difference. How long it will take to reach me I dont know though.

Crimsonsun

The Question of Khaine

"A God named Khaine, A God of Murder and death and bloodshed, only the willfully blind could not see this is none other than the Blood Lord Himself, cloaked in one of his many guises to beguile and trick those who might otherwise repel him!"

-The Liber Chaotica

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS