• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#21 Doc, the Weasel

Doc, the Weasel

Pretending to be many, many things.

• Members
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

Yeah, $20 is a bit much here. I was thinking it would be around $10ish. Twenty, though, is way off for 3 careers and 14 actions. 

Listen to my actual play podcasts at BeggingForXP.com.

Take a look at my Talent Trees (Edge of the Empire and Age of Rebellion), YT-2400 deck plans for the Lazy Bantha, as well as my other handouts.

#22 Karma Kollapse

Karma Kollapse

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:57 PM

Gitzman said:

I am also quite happy to see them do something other than the Wizard and Priest expansions.

… what with an expansion that includes two magic careers and a religious career? :D

I like that they are releasing career PODs, but I can't help but think the necromancer careers have very limited appeal, especailly as they are advanced careers. That being said, despite the high price, I did pick it up, and will seek to find use for it in the future. At the very least, it looks fun.

A career box would be really awesome, though.

#23 No:12

No:12

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 03:27 AM

Hi,

Nice product I thought. Bit pricey but it could work out having the choice of plenty of small POD options and only buying the ones your group needs. Certainly like the package of more complete career set ups. Good addition for a vampire centric game too. Possibly a demonologists pack to come? 

I have a player wanting to play a rat catcher-witch when we start TEW, with the aspiration of raising his rat corpses to do his necromantic bidding. Just in time for my first POD purchase I reckon…

#24 evilidler

evilidler

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:37 AM

These will be $40 or so at my LGS due to import, sales tax and bastard fees. I'll take $20 and another smaller POD + USPS shipping over the local price ;)

#25 Beren Eoath

Beren Eoath

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 05:38 AM

I don't say it's a bad POD but still 20$ is half of the price of a big expansion with a lot of cards and a book. And here we get only a few cards (14 action cards), 3 careers and few small ones. This is too expensive, I would rather see a Undead box for 40$ with this content and a lot more then this POD.

#26 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,068 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:43 AM

If any of you are interested (and even if you're not), I'll probably do up the 1e and 2e careers that are incomplete (hunter of the dead, grave robber, etc.) and post them to RPGGeek as a LINK to this product.

Any requests?

jh

#27 valvorik

valvorik

• Members
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:01 AM

Yes I too thought wow great, but then $20.00???

Looking at the entire POD line, nothing is this pricey.  Even the Mansions of Madness ones (I believe they also have different card sizes) are $15.00.

#28 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,068 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 08:18 AM

Get your fur combed out first  :)  Hey is that a beastman below?

#29 Johannes_Tippmeister

Johannes_Tippmeister

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:01 AM

I'd probably pay the 20$ for it, but 38$ shipping & handling  to Germany? This will have to wait until retailers in Europe have this in stock.

Up until then, any party member meddling with the dark arts will be hunted down by Eisenfels, my NPC Witch Hunter who suspects the characters anyhow. After all, they always happen to be where the cults and the corruption are. A positive correlation - and we all know that that's as good as causation! ;-)

#30 Daedalum

Daedalum

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 12:38 AM

That is pricey, but i guess (and it is a guess) v3 doesn't move the numbers to justify more competative prices.  Pleased to see them expanding the POD range as I was expecting silence after TEW2.

#31 Crazy Aido

Crazy Aido

• Members
  • 484 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 04:54 AM

I'm going to join in with the general sense of slow dread that everyone is feeling over this release, timely as it is coming after TEW so quickly, I think we'll all be a lot happier when we see a boxed supplement coming out, but that "when" is really an "if" now.

I would probably get if I found myself with an influx of cash, though I have a few other things I'd like to get my hands on first.

#32 evilidler

evilidler

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:13 AM

"I'd probably pay the 20$ for it, but 38$ shipping & handling  to Germany? This will have to wait until retailers in Europe have this in stock."

Or until Miniature Market and similar stores stock it - shipping will be $10-15 then :)

"they always happen to be where the cults and the corruption are. A positive correlation - and we all know that that's as good as causation! ;-)"
I call it "adventurer omelette".

#33 Beren Eoath

Beren Eoath

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:28 PM

That's true, shipping to Europe is expansive nad with the price of From The Grave it not worth it.

#34 thePREdiger

thePREdiger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 07:33 PM

Buying the Necro POD alone and shipping to Vienna, Austria costs $28.95.

#35 Glorian Underhill

Glorian Underhill

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:30 PM

Then wait till the Heidelberger Spieleverlag have translated them, or join on a massorder in the www.altewelt.net forum to germany as usual.

Well tranlation might need some time. First batch of the Sigmar, Shallya and Dreadfleet Cards will be on sale End February, begin March as they want to finish Winds of Magic first.

#36 RARodger

RARodger

• Members
  • 301 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

No slow dread from me. I think this is awesome. The price is too high, and it might well put me off of buying it for longer than I'd like, but it's not like it's going to go out of print.

I was expecting this to be the Morr expansion POD, but I was stoked to see they're trying somethign new.

#37 BTJ

BTJ

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:34 AM

I don't mind the price so much, means it'll cost €18 in my LGS. Ok, TEW2 took a while to come out, but that doesn't mean anything by itself. If they announce another box and it's delayed too, then maybe it's time to worry a little

#38 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,337 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 03:16 AM

I hope it includes at least necromantic spells of rank higher than 3. I know there is someone there preparing some homebrew material for dark magic and necromantic magic, but he has not said anything for a long time :(

The Book of the Asur - High Elf fan supplement

The Dark Side - Witches, Warlocks, Dark Magic and more

Secrets of the Anvil - Advanced Dwarf careers and runes

Dice statistics calculator for SW EotE

#39 gmanjkd

gmanjkd

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 01:10 AM

I agree, it is a bit much, and I also hope that it contains spells up to or above rank 3.  Early in my WFRP 1st ed experience I had the most fun playing a Demonologist.  I hope this meens that we will see a Demonologist pack soon!  While Im not big on additional Locations, Mutation etc, I would love to see some of the darker careers, high rank dark spells/Blessings.  We could also see career card sized books say about 25 pgs on very focused subject matter. Color or not ,who cares as long at the material is well written?   As mentioned by others I would like to see many of the other careers paths expanded to include advanced, Elite, and Heroic levels.

#40 DurakBlackaxe

DurakBlackaxe

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 02:28 AM

gmanjkd said:

I agree, it is a bit much, and I also hope that it contains spells up to or above rank 3.  Early in my WFRP 1st ed experience I had the most fun playing a Demonologist.  I hope this meens that we will see a Demonologist pack soon!  While Im not big on additional Locations, Mutation etc, I would love to see some of the darker careers, high rank dark spells/Blessings.  We could also see career card sized books say about 25 pgs on very focused subject matter. Color or not ,who cares as long at the material is well written?   As mentioned by others I would like to see many of the other careers paths expanded to include advanced, Elite, and Heroic levels.

Not sure how a Demonlogist would work out the way magic works now,  But i did love the Elementalist with the various elementals.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS