#1 Doc, the Weasel

Doc, the Weasel

Pretending to be many, many things.

• Members
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:47 AM

http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=3906

It's good to see PoD with careers.

Listen to my actual play podcasts at BeggingForXP.com.

Take a look at my Talent Trees (Edge of the Empire and Age of Rebellion), YT-2400 deck plans for the Lazy Bantha, as well as my other handouts.

#2 cronevald

cronevald

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

Grave Wardens of Morr and pet ghouls…

#3 Boehm

Boehm

• Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:08 AM

yeah nice touch - should be good :)

#4 Doc, the Weasel

Doc, the Weasel

Pretending to be many, many things.

• Members
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:18 AM

Some things I'm noticing or guessing at:

• It's looking like the Necromancer is an Advanced Class (3 talent slots). I like that; makes it a nice option for PCs who start good and want to go dark, and provides a second option for Witches. 

• The pet ghoul doesn't seem to run off "Tricks," and has its own set of cards.

Listen to my actual play podcasts at BeggingForXP.com.

Take a look at my Talent Trees (Edge of the Empire and Age of Rebellion), YT-2400 deck plans for the Lazy Bantha, as well as my other handouts.

#5 Amehdaus

Amehdaus

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:20 AM

I saw the title and was expecting another cleric supplement focusing on Moor and was excited.  The actual contents make me even more excited -- it's great to see a niche that has only been touched upon better established.  By the look of that ghoul card, we're getting a new sort of "template" to use as a mechanic for brainstorming.

I only wish that Necromancy was classified as "Witchcraft" instead of "Order" as it stands outside of the colleges.

#6 DurakBlackaxe

DurakBlackaxe

• Members
  • 302 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:35 AM

I am happy that they are giving out careers packs as PoD's. (privately wish it had been a Black Guard or Knight of the Raven in the pack.)

Have to be a evil party to have a necromancer/master Necromancer with ghoul in it. They dont strike me as the party type.

#7 gmanjkd

gmanjkd

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

Very excited!!!    Desperatley need the Morr POD as the only Blessing/Spell PC in my group is a priest of Morr  DOH!!!!   At first I thought this would cover extensive Necromancy Spells from 1st to 3rd rank………not so much.   But all in all.  I will order this and love it im sure.

PLEASE RELEASE THE MORR EXPANSION :)

#8 Amani

Amani

• Members
  • 184 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

Great news, very excited to see the game being expanded, especially into a niche of darker characters and themes. I've always felt the grave warden career was needed and at one point a while back I even wrote up some stats for it, but I would have never dreamed of a necromancer career. Whats next? A demonologist with an imp follower?!?!

#9 evilidler

evilidler

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:34 PM

Seems like a good POD, just to satisfy THAT player :)

I wish they'd hurry up with the rest of the schools of magic and faiths, but this is a nice diversion. Hope we get a few career packs a year, alternating between magic, fighting and scholarly.

#10 cparadis

cparadis

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

This is pretty awesome. I like seeing a POD with careers. Very cool.

#11 Ceodryn

Ceodryn

• Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

Very nice! It should also silent all the crying about WFRP3 being dead after TEW. Obviously, we may not get another boxed expansion soon given the depth of TEW, but PODs would be nice.

Cheers

Ceodryn

#12 Glorian Underhill

Glorian Underhill

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:48 PM

The Carrers in the expansion give me hope that they will complete the started special careers like the Slayer, Runesmith, Engineer, Wardancer, Swordmaster all the way into Rank 4.

Foldable Standups like in Dreadfleet Captains are still a fail but I see no other options in this format. As mentioned earlier we might not get another big box soon but this POD model ist great. They design and if enough players are interested they print and deliver. Production costs are higher as ordering 500 boxes from their production firm is cheaper as small orders for them but they have not risk that the storage is full of unwanted stuff.

So two dwarf thumbs up FFG, now give me a pack of 10 black dice!!!!

please.

#13 Immortus

Immortus

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:33 PM

I can't wait for this! Great idea for POD =]

#14 valvorik

valvorik

• Members
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:14 AM

I was doing happy dance last night when I saw this - great to see products still coming and the POD concept expanding to careers.  Holds out much promise for lots of different niches to be filled.

#15 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:40 AM

I hardly believe that I can fit any necromancer in my games, but I am very happy knowing that so far they keep on supporting the game, and that they are exploring new POD formats. Nice.

Cheers,

Yepes

The Book of the Asur - High Elf fan supplement

The Dark Side - Witches, Warlocks, Dark Magic and more

Secrets of the Anvil - Advanced Dwarf careers and runes

Dice statistics calculator for SW EotE

#16 The Strolling Bones

The Strolling Bones

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:36 AM

I think this bodes well for the future of the game. If any of you have seen the Career Compendium you know that they have a ton of material to cover already under their thumbs.

I will miss the Box sets if they decide to only go PoD from this point forward; however, I think that this is the perfect way for FFG to continue to support this unique game and also not have to sink tons of resources into a very niche product.

#17 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,068 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:55 AM

I believe they finally found what we need:  Character Packs!   The new careers are a smart move and the size of the release allows the probability/possibility of actually perhaps including some kind of additional crunch or fluff on inserts.

Smart release IMHO.  Now we just need more dice packs for people just getting into the game or for those who hope to grow their groups.

jh

#18 k7e9

k7e9

• Members
  • 832 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:54 AM

I like it, now they have added both career sized cards and the smaller talent sized ones to the WFRP-POD-line. Meaning that we can hope for small and fun expansions like this in other areas as well. This gives me great hope for the future, as I feel that all the core rules are in place with this game, it would be perfect to flesh it out with expansions that contain a few themed careers, talents, actions, items, diseases and/or other things going forward.

Still hoping for an (high) elf box, but an Elf pod (or two) might do the trick as well.

I like it.

#19 Beren Eoath

Beren Eoath

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:15 AM

Yuupi, a new POD an it cost only 20$ for a few cards. Almost the half of any big box expansion with a lot of, more cards. Yes, that's mnake everybody happy to pay a lot for almost nothing.

And I think that this POD is a proof of a near end of 3ed. POD is good becouse FFG don't have to print to many of them only that much as they will sell. PODs don't lay in the warehouse or any were becouse they are printed only when ordered by someone. Nad they can make them until they will annouce a new edition.

#20 Gitzman

Gitzman

• Members
  • 573 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:43 AM

@Beren, yea you might be right.

But I'm still thrilled with this release. It opens all the doors we were hoping for in regards to PODs.  Access to printed content the size of career cards is perfect, opens the opportunity for Maps, Handouts, Careers, Mounts, etc. 

I am also quite happy to see them do something other than the Wizard and Priest expansions. As much as i like them, they were lacking variety and were only interesting to a very select group of people. 

If i had it my way, I'd like to see more content that a GM can use, like Locations, Mutations, Maps, Handouts, Cheat Sheets, etc.

Gitzman

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS