• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 spalanzani

spalanzani

• Members
  • 811 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 01:44 AM

Reklawyad said:

I'm looking at getting some items from MM and trying to get a pre-order for the next sets as well (x2 for those) but they dont' have A Dark Time yet, but they do have some great pricing on Dragon Shield Sleeves right now. 

Do you mean you're going to pre-order two of each Force pack? Because that isn't strictly necessary, unless you're planning on having more than two decks, one of each side, set up at any one time. 

www.spalanz.com - everything you never wanted to know about me, in one place.

#22 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:26 AM

The way I understand it, everything you need comes in these packages. I am new to the concept - I am an old CCG player. We will see what happens. 

Welcome to the machine!

#23 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:49 AM

No need to "see what happens" we already know. Each Force Pack will come with 10 objective sets. 60 cards per pack. There will be two copies of most and one copy of the limit of one per deck objective sets. We know this from the Hoth Cycle announcement article. 

All LCGs come with full playsets in their expansions. 

#24 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 04:07 PM

I have never played one of these before. As the announce states, if ther is a 1 limit for each side in a 60 card pack, then that means only 3 new pods for each side the see what happens is more referring to I've not ever bought a full set like that before. 

Welcome to the machine!

#25 Reklawyad

Reklawyad

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 06:59 PM

Oh well then I guess I don't need to buy two of each of the expansions, I thought it would be 10 different objectives, but if they are going to have a full play set sounds great. 

#26 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,226 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

Aside from unique objective sets, there is also the possibility that one side will get three new (non-limited) objective sets in a Force Pack and the other side will get two, and then, to keep the cardpools equal, you'd see this configuration flip-flopped in the following Force Pack. This would prevent it from becoming a situation where nearly a third of the objective sets in the game are one-per-deck.

#27 geki

geki

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:32 AM

MarthWMaster said:

This would prevent it from becoming a situation where nearly a third of the objective sets in the game are one-per-deck.

I was wondering about this, although in a much more positive way. I think that having a significant part (20-35%) of the objectives as "one-per-deck" would make deckbuilding even more interesting, provided that

a) the majority remains "doubleable", thus making the push for redundancy still true

b) the one-per-deck are interesting enough to be picked despite having to renounce redundancy

Best

Geki

#28 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

Again, this is where the uncertainty of the deliverables raises disconcerting questions to me about the game. I have thoroughly enjoyed my interaction witht the game and the community hithertofore, but buying complete sets with "all you need" is still a skeptical concept to me.

Welcome to the machine!

#29 Reklawyad

Reklawyad

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:43 PM

Well I got a second core set today and also picked up 200 Dragon Sleeves (red and blue) and 100 of the LE sleeves (Lightsaber and Emporer design). Played 2 more games today, did the starter decks of Jedi and Sith, each deck one once each.

Now that I've opened the second core, I'm definetly happy I bought it. It's amazing the synergy you can get with just having 2 copies of some of the sets. 

I'm hoping the new expansions had some Enhancement hurt to the DS, Log Trap was wrecking my face when my opponent had it out. 

#30 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,255 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:06 AM

MasterJediAdam said:

Again, this is where the uncertainty of the deliverables raises disconcerting questions to me about the game. I have thoroughly enjoyed my interaction witht the game and the community hithertofore, but buying complete sets with "all you need" is still a skeptical concept to me.

I am not sure why you are skeptical but having collected every LCG except CoC I will answer. In every chapter, data, adventure, battle pack you get playsets of what you need in them. Star Wars will be different in how the objective sets work but you will get 2 copies of most OSets except the limit of one OSets. 

So in Hoth Cycle Force pack 1 Desolation of Hoth we get OSets 37-42. 

37 Rebels - Hoth Operations - 2 copies

38 Jedi - 2 copies

39 LS limit of one 

40 Sith - 2 copies

41 Imperial Navy - 2 copies

42 DS neutral - Shadow in the Frost - limit of one

10 objective sets - 60 cards

http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=3727

#31 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:23 AM

Toqtamish said:

MasterJediAdam said:

I am not sure why you are skeptical but having collected every LCG except CoC I will answer. In every chapter, data, adventure, battle pack you get playsets of what you need in them. Star Wars will be different in how the objective sets work but you will get 2 copies of most OSets except the limit of one OSets. 

38 Jedi - 2 copies

39 LS limit of one 

40 Sith - 2 copies

Thanks for the links. You are always very helpful, but I am always skeptical … ;)

Welcome to the machine!

#32 Troopershark

Troopershark

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 02:56 AM

MJA, unless you want extra copies of cards to avoid swapping cards in and out of decks, there is not competitive reason what so ever to get a second copy of a chapter pack.  One chapter pack will provide the maximum of cards you can put for a legal tournament deck for all of the cards included in the pack.

I know where you are coming from, I have a CCG background as well (and played Competitive Magic for years), that is what makes the LCG model so attractive.

#33 Reklawyad

Reklawyad

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:19 AM

Toqtamish said:

MasterJediAdam said:

38 Jedi - 2 copies

39 LS limit of one 

40 Sith - 2 copies

Yes thank you very much. Made the choice of buying stuff locally very easy indeed. I'm happy that the expasions are only going to require a single "booster" purchase instead of two, the wallet and the wife love that idea!!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS