20 replies to this topic

#21 Vorpal Sword

Vorpal Sword

O frabjous day!

• Members
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:57 AM

Cid_MCDP said:

I see guys come in my store that read stuff like this on the internet and want to play it competitively, but they've only played the game a handful of times. Lists like this need some significant disclaimers attached for new players, especially when there are lists that are much easier to just pick up and play effectively. 

I haven't played Magic competitively in years, so this might have changed, but that practice used to be called "netdecking" and it's was sign of someone who was willing to invest a great deal of time and money to be about three months behind in the metagame.

But, on the other hand, is there a compendium somewhere of tournament-style lists that are easy to pick up and play? I have a tiny X-wing blog out in the middle of nowhere that needs content, and I'd love to post and/or link to some lists that provide an on-ramp for beginners.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS