63 replies to this topic

#61 Kong-lin

Kong-lin

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:40 AM

eiterorm said:

Tbla said:

Or Wilson + Wendy. Little girl with motorcycle, whiskey and a shotgun.

Sounds like something Quentin Tarantino could have made.

A minor with a motorcycle, whiskey and shotgun. And she can't get arrested for it while she has an elder sign. =P

Actually had a game where Wendy wound up with the motorcycle, whiskey and the Sword of Glory, she was badass in that game. :)

#62 jgt7771

jgt7771

Saving the world from cosmic evil since 2006

• Members
  • 1,410 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:31 AM

Kong-lin said:

Actually had a game where Wendy wound up with the motorcycle, whiskey and the Sword of Glory, she was badass in that game.

"Senorita Wendy, he's says there's a storm coming."

"…..I know."

dundun dun dundun ting dundun dun dundun ting dundun dun dundun ting

What was that noise?

#63 AbslomDaak

AbslomDaak

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 03:46 AM

For me (as a beginner), I've found the combo of Joe Diamond and Mandy Thompson pretty lethal (as 2 of a quartet).

If you tend to combine Joe and Mandy's personal skills, Joe becomes almost undefeatable. For spending one clue-token, he essentially gets four re-rolls. (often more if e.g. he's rolling 5 dice and you use Mandy's skill before spending a clue token).

So far, we've played with 2 players using 2 investigators each (Joe, Mandy, Jenny and Pete). Joe mops up Arkham, Jenny goes to the bank then the curiosity shoppe to get cool items, Mandy swiftly closes 2 gets and we use Pete as a fairly versatile extra (gate sealing if thinsg aren't too hectic in Arkham, helping mop up monsters in Arkham if needed).

Once we were able to use monster trophies and gate tokens to bless the party, it seemed like pretty plain sailing. Certainly, once 3 gates are sealed, it felt hard to lose.

So far, to my great surprise, we are 2 and 0 (beat Azathoth with doom track on 10 and Ithaqua with doom track on 8).

No obvious spell casters in our team - but this didn't seem to hinder us too badly.

#64 The Professor

The Professor

• Members
  • 1,327 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 04:10 AM

AbslomDaak,

Welcome to the Carnival!  You have obviously hit-on a winning combination.  I wouldn't, however, put too much stock in so-called "spellcasters" in AH, as the genre is much different than say, D&D.  Spells in AH are meant to slowly erode your Sanity...thus, you're less likely to walk around like Gandalf and instead you'll be seen after effectively casting a few spells as the gibbering fool in the corner, drooling on yourself.

Cheers,

The Professor

• Avi_dreader likes this

The Professor

http://crafthulhu.squarespace.com

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS