Winvasion, the Warhammer: Invasion podcast

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#41 Kheivalo

Kheivalo

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:51 AM

Yeah, every gaming store I go into says pretty much the same thing.  They love the game, but for some reason it never seemed to take off.  They all give their seperate reasons for why the game isn't more popular, but they all almost always say they love the game and wish more people played it. 

It is nice to have a podcast to listen to for fans of the game.  It makes the community seem more like a community.

• Kaine82 likes this

#42 gertat

gertat

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 02:50 PM

Hi

In episode 2 you shared Gnomeschool alternative capitalboards and you said to show him appreciation if we use them.

I have printed them out at work in a bigger size (A4-papersize so they just fit in the corebox) and laminated them.

We love them and the game plays much better with the bigger capitalboards. No misstakes what goes where.

But how do I send my appreciation to Gnomeschool?

And I have one question for him also. If he is going to do alternative capitalboards for the neutral factions? Would love to play the upcoming Hidden Kingdom with bigger alternative capitalboards.

#43 meggypeggs

meggypeggs

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 06:27 PM

Loving the podcasts.

I too struggle to find opponents and play with my 8 yr old son.

I am shocked that it is an underrated game and that there is crap coverage on Youtube for it!

Most of the good video's on there related to W:I are German! (no offence).

Looking forward to Hidden Kingdoms...

• sammann11 likes this

#44 Kheivalo

Kheivalo

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:48 AM

Yeah the game has some of the best rules I have ever played in a card game, but it just never seemed to pick up.  Every game store owner that catches me buying or asking about it has their own reason for why it never took off.  It has become a fun game of asking just to collect their responses.

#45 Mallumo

Mallumo

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:33 AM

Episode 16 is up.

• Kaine82 and sammann11 like this

#46 sammann11

sammann11

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:30 PM

Great news! I'm tuning in now.

"Not all heros dwell in the light. Some limp in shadow." - Paul S. Kemp

#47 gertat

gertat

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:50 AM

Hi in one of your episodes you talk about houserules for Cataclysm until the next FAQ and Torsten talks about à version of new restricted list för Cataclysm.

I just à hand of à copy of Cataclysm in Sweden and would like to try it.
We are 2 somewhat experienced player but if we can play multiplayer we think we can lure à few more people in our playgroup to playing WHI.

Can we in some way get hold of your restricted list for multiplayer?
Dont want to scare potential new player away with an unbalanced gameexperiance.

Keep up the good work, love the podcast

#48 Mallumo

Mallumo

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:34 AM

Just listen to the latest episode and read the comments.

#49 Mallumo

Mallumo

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:49 PM

Episode 17 is up.

• sammann11 likes this

#50 Goldherz

Goldherz

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:14 AM

Hey Mallumo

u go to the german Championship to report about it?

#51 klaymen_sk

klaymen_sk

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:11 PM

Whem catching up with the older episodes, I can't help myself but hear every Torsten's "grudgebearer" as a "crotchbearer", which is kinda disturbing.... Probably the fact that I'm not a native English speaker helps it a bit. :)
  • sammann11 likes this

"To each of us falls a task. And all the Emperor requires of us Guardsmen is that we stand in line, and we die fighting. It is what we do best: we die standing."

-General Sturnn, Cadian 412th regiment

#52 meggypeggs

meggypeggs

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:35 AM

When's the next one due guys?

#53 Mallumo

Mallumo

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:18 AM

We cannot record again before my crotch has been buried. Which should be soon.

#54 sammann11

sammann11

• Members
  • 235 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:58 PM

I thought the mis-hearing was "Crotchbearer" (he who bears the crotch) not "Crotchburier" (He who buries his crotch)...

both of these sound equally cool to me though.

Might there be discussion of the new Undead News on the next one?

"Not all heros dwell in the light. Some limp in shadow." - Paul S. Kemp

#55 Mallumo

Mallumo

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:22 PM

The plan is for Daniel to eat rice while I read all the entries in my Great Book of Crotches to you guys.

• sammann11 likes this

#56 Goldherz

Goldherz

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 02:02 AM

Hey Mallumo,

why u ignore the german championship completely? It will be one of the most exciting Events here for us. 

You dont think its intresting? 

#57 Mallumo

Mallumo

• Members
  • 516 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:23 AM

I'm not ignoring it. I've been asked if I would come a long time ago and I said I wouldn't and why. Four or five people ignore *that* and keep asking me by mail, forum posts, and comments, and tell others to get me to come. It's annoying and certainly not going to change my answer. It's good that you guys are enthusiastic, I hope it'll be a good event, and we'll report on the result, but I'm not coming and I'd appreciate it if you would respect my No and stop pestering me.

#58 Goldherz

Goldherz

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:30 AM

I didnt know that ... who asked u and whats this special reason? Sounds mysterious ;)

#59 gr4ffi

gr4ffi

• Members
  • 96 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:24 AM

But your "why" grew unsubstantiated as the german publisher will not be here at all. The tournament is 99,9% comunity-organised. That means your intention to boycott the publisher in the first place does only end up in a lack of visitors for us. We do not have any knowledge of further reasons by yours not to attend the tournament. Therefore we wanted to tell you this one last time to reconsider. Also: Here is a one-time chance to strip them off prices without having to deal with them.

If you want to choose not to attend, that is just fine with us. We shall respect it and we are sorry for the pestering :) It's just, that this decision did seem kinda unreasonable to us given the circumstances.

#60 meggypeggs

meggypeggs

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:42 PM

I'm not ignoring it. I've been asked if I would come a long time ago and I said I wouldn't and why. Four or five people ignore *that* and keep asking me by mail, forum posts, and comments, and tell others to get me to come. It's annoying and certainly not going to change my answer. It's good that you guys are enthusiastic, I hope it'll be a good event, and we'll report on the result, but I'm not coming and I'd appreciate it if you would respect my No and stop pestering me.

That a definite no then?...

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS