Minions

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Amroth

Amroth

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:37 AM

I am starting a new campaign and a couple of my players are going to be starting with minions.

Although the character sheet is pretty thorough I noticed there's nowhere to record the stats for minions. Just wanted to check how other GM's/players get around this? Are there any good minion record sheets out there, do other players use extra character sheets to record their minion stats, just record it on a blank piece of paper?

Cheers,

#2 DigitalRedneck

DigitalRedneck

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:56 PM

Amroth said:

I am starting a new campaign and a couple of my players are going to be starting with minions.

Although the character sheet is pretty thorough I noticed there's nowhere to record the stats for minions. Just wanted to check how other GM's/players get around this? Are there any good minion record sheets out there, do other players use extra character sheets to record their minion stats, just record it on a blank piece of paper?

Cheers,

I have yet to get to play BC, but I would suggest you keep the record keeping to a minimum if the minions are likely to be frequently killed. If they are likly to be around for a while why not use a reg sheet and only fill in what ya want?

#3 Amroth

Amroth

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:48 PM

Thanks heaps for that Digital.

I've got a feeling they may have short lifespans but  hopefully will last at the very least the best part of a session. Considering all the weird and wacky things a minion can have I think I will take your advice and get the players to use extra character sheets to record their minions on.

After all what's the use of having minions if they don't get to use their whacky abilities before they go splat at the hands of some Imperial Force or rival Chaos Warband? Other than being used as meat shields to cover one's retreat from (or advance toward) said forces of course ;-).

#4 DigitalRedneck

DigitalRedneck

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

It sounds like its gonna be one awessome game! Wife and I are prob going to do the same use sheets for the members of her Orkish Warband.  The rank and file boyz will prob be a single sheet or two. I tried for Chaos Orks but my Wife does not wish to sell her soul it seems…

#5 Amroth

Amroth

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

Sounds pretty cool, what game system are you using for this, Warhammer Fantasy?

Can you believe I've never played Warhammer Fantasy, not the wargame and not the RPG.

#6 DigitalRedneck

DigitalRedneck

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:52 AM

Warhammer Fantasy is way cool but the last edition is too D&D 4e for me to dig as muck as earlier editions, but this time we're going to cobble a Orky 40k game together using input from Mark of the Xenos (deathwatch-have it)and Into the Storm (rogue trader) Creatures Anathema (dark Herasy-need to buy) Navis Primer(rogue trader-orderd) and Into the Storm (Rogue Trader-arrived yesterday) and Stars of Inequiry(rogue trader - will order next week) with Rogue trader being the default. 

Im also planning on getting BC for a later game and to possibly use the minion rules or a modified version to quantify my wife's Ork Krew. 

I have books already for RT, Deathwatch and DH.. But not many of the ones best suited to a Orky game. 

Also, into the storm states that Orks can't gain corruption, so my Chaos Orks idea would not fly even if my wife would have been willing to sell her PCs soul.. Lol

#7 DigitalRedneck

DigitalRedneck

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 04:08 AM

Kinda wierd but cool. I remember chaos space Ork armies back in my brief tabletop games.. But a very cool turn of events as far ad the RPG goes. I see lots of cool hooks with this. What does BC say about Orks and Chaos. (damn, I can't wait to buy BC. Unlike my wife I'm usually willing to sell a PCs soul..)

#8 Cryhavok

Cryhavok

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

DigitalRedneck said:

Kinda wierd but cool. I remember chaos space Ork armies back in my brief tabletop games.. But a very cool turn of events as far ad the RPG goes. I see lots of cool hooks with this. What does BC say about Orks and Chaos. (damn, I can't wait to buy BC. Unlike my wife I'm usually willing to sell a PCs soul..)

Tome of blood has a planet full of feral orks somewhere in the screaming vortex. In general they are typical orks.

#9 Amroth

Amroth

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

Sweet sounds like it's gonna be an awesome game of smashing puny humie's 'eds in.

Yeah a lot of the early 40K tabletops games had really cool ideas that seem to have vanished now. The old Genestealer armies, being able to mix genestealers with Chaos Cults and I think even 3rd edition would have allowed you to field a Chaos Orks army using the adversaries rules against the Ordo Malleus.

I haven't played the tabletop game for quite a while though so maybe they have put all that cool stuff back in….

#10 DigitalRedneck

DigitalRedneck

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:07 AM

I too have been absent from the tabletop for some time. I remember playing the tabletop and wishing they would do a 40k RPG.. These were well worth the wait tho..

so what PCs and minions do you have going in your upcoming game? 

#11 Cryhavok

Cryhavok

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 12:50 PM

I have psyker that I intend to have collecting the skulls of his enemies to turn into a horde of servoskulls. The intention is to taunt khorne by "keeping the skulls for himself"

#12 Amroth

Amroth

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:15 PM

Cryhavok said:

I have psyker that I intend to have collecting the skulls of his enemies to turn into a horde of servoskulls. The intention is to taunt khorne by "keeping the skulls for himself"

Bad ass, I like it!

My game is set in a former Imperial world that was sucked into the Screaming Vortex and has since lost a lot of its technology and is cut-off from the outside world and hence has turned a fuedal type land.

For this reason I have no CSM but the players seemed to have used their imaginations well to come up with some cool ideas.

We have an apostate who has no memory of how he arrived on the planet saved brief glimpses of violent memory. He believes that he is destined to bring the Gods back to this forsaken realm and tells himself that he is doing good deeds by following the will of the Gods (deep down he knows this isn't true but he knows the Gods are pleased with his work and that's all he needs to know). He has a variety of strange minions including a psyker who lost his bones when his soul was bonded to a sea god. He is now literally a very blubbery minion indeed.

Another character is a rogue psyker who suffered at the hands of an abusive husband until her powers manifested and she killed him. Other men sought to use her powers for their own ends but all suffered the same fate. She has since vowed that she will never be used again and will in fact use men for her own ends, keeping an obediant husband with her at all times as a minion. As each one dies loyally to serve her she simply replaces her "husband" with another.

The other dude hasn't made his yet but I am pretty sure he will be a renegade "kill for Khorne" type.

All in all a nice balanced group with some interesting characters, I am looking forward to the game.

#13 DigitalRedneck

DigitalRedneck

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 03:54 AM

Cryhavok said:

This is way cool. I love it. 

#14 DigitalRedneck

DigitalRedneck

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 04:00 AM

Those do sound like an interesting crew. I am a sucker for characters with a backstory that defines and drives their motives. Bravo to the players. 

Are you planning on doing an actual play thread? It would be cool as hell if ya did. 

#15 Amroth

Amroth

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 26 January 2013 - 11:09 PM

I'm with you, interesting characters with in-depth background make the story all the more interesting. The first two characters are made by players who always make character with a lot of depth and originality.

I'm still a bit new to this forum thing, by posting to a play-thread do you mean posting what happened in the adventure on the forum?

I could certainly do that although it would be pretty slow though. Due to time constraints we usually only play once per month with 3 other guys rotating the GMing for Deathwatch. I will be adding to the cycle with Black Crusade to mix it up a bit which means on our cycles it might only be every 4 months I run a game

Slow going I know but I find it more sustainable to play this way as we can all find the time about once a month and that keeps the game going instead of playing it heaps and then players dropping out because of other commitments which just kills campaigns.

Will definitely let you know how it goes though.

#16 DigitalRedneck

DigitalRedneck

• Members
  • 157 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:28 AM

Amroth said:

I'm with you, interesting characters with in-depth background make the story all the more interesting. The first two characters are made by players who always make character with a lot of depth and originality.

I'm still a bit new to this forum thing, by posting to a play-thread do you mean posting what happened in the adventure on the forum?

I could certainly do that although it would be pretty slow though. Due to time constraints we usually only play once per month with 3 other guys rotating the GMing for Deathwatch. I will be adding to the cycle with Black Crusade to mix it up a bit which means on our cycles it might only be every 4 months I run a game

Slow going I know but I find it more sustainable to play this way as we can all find the time about once a month and that keeps the game going instead of playing it heaps and then players dropping out because of other commitments which just kills campaigns.

Will definitely let you know how it goes though.

Yeah. Posting your adventure in a semi story format.(DM side commentary is also fun to read)  It would be awesome. I'll wait in between sessions. No prob!

Im dying to see where you guys go with this. It will be great whichever direction!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS