New edition?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Tony P.

Tony P.

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 07:53 AM

A new edition would need to shorten turns and increase player interaction. Otherwise I'm perfectly happy to keep playing my base game, two big box expansions, and numerous card pack expansions. Not to mention the home brew scenarios readily available here and on BGG. 

I don't mind the cartoony art. A new edition would probably recycle big chunks of it or import art from the other Terrinoth games IMO. 

#22 spalanzani

spalanzani

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 05:41 AM

It is a shame that 2nd Edition has been allowed to languish for so long now, and I concur with the conspiracy theory that they are letting it go out of print before a re-launch of some sort. Terrinoth seems to have changed a lot since I first opened Runebound all those years ago, we're now looking at races more than individual heroes, and I see very little similarity between the land of Runebound and the land of Rune Age. So maybe they'll relaunch this game with a setting more in-line with the current crop of Terrinoth games. 

However, FFG seems to be ploughing an awful lot of resource and effort into their licence-holdings, Star Wars is of course big news for them right now as they seek to recoup the loss they have inevitably incurred through holding the licence for a year with no products to show for it. Otherwise they seem to be more and more an outlet for Games Workshop games. Arkham Horror and Runebound have both seen tremendous support in the past, but all is quiet on the western front while games like Talisman catch up, but also they seem to be moving away from this style of boardgame product. It could well be too early to tell of course, but from what I pay attention to that comes from FFG, there aren't really any of the sort of "modular board games" like these coming out anymore - Talisman being the notable exception. A case could be made for Mansions of Madness, but I feel there is a distinction between boards and tiles there. Has anyone any greater insight? Are FFG making boardgames where the expansions feature new/additional boards? Or is it a case of an expansion being more cards, more minis, more bits, and little else? 

www.spalanz.com - everything you never wanted to know about me, in one place.

#23 VladVoivode

VladVoivode

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:40 AM

If you want a Runebound 3rd ed., please read and post at:

http://community.fan...itive-thinking/

You can also read the steps I plan to take in addition to the posts in this thread!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS