Jump to content



Photo

What new pilot skills would you like to see in future X-Wing expansions?


  • Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 Picasso

Picasso

    Member

  • Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:58 AM

Also thinking about pilots from rouge squadron.  Wes Janson NEEDS a pilot card.  I think he should get an extra attack dice at range two with any weapon.



#22 hothie

hothie

    Member

  • Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

Be careful about tossing around extra attack dice, especially with ships that already have 3. Throw in expose, and he's capable of taking out an xwing in one turn without crits. Extra attack dice abilities need to be thought of with existing upgrade cards, which is why I changed my idea of Fett's ability to rerolling one die, because with Heavy Laser Cannon, an extra die would be too powerful.

Janson originally flew as a Ywing, so giving him an extra attack die would be ok if he was a Ywing pilot card, but I wouldn't give him an extra die if he was an Xwing pilot. Although he could get an extra die as a snowspeeder pilot…:P

 



#23 The_Brown_Bomber

The_Brown_Bomber

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

hothie said:

Be careful about tossing around extra attack dice, especially with ships that already have 3. Throw in expose, and he's capable of taking out an xwing in one turn without crits. Extra attack dice abilities need to be thought of with existing upgrade cards, which is why I changed my idea of Fett's ability to rerolling one die, because with Heavy Laser Cannon, an extra die would be too powerful.

Janson originally flew as a Ywing, so giving him an extra attack die would be ok if he was a Ywing pilot card, but I wouldn't give him an extra die if he was an Xwing pilot. Although he could get an extra die as a snowspeeder pilot…:P

 

 

A Y-Wing pilot with an extra attack dice would be cool. Even a pilot upgrade that made the Y-Wings more offensive, maybe something like:

HIdden Arsenal: Pilots Skill (Cost 5, may only be taken by a Y-Wing pilot) : Action: When you attack with your primary weapon roll one extra die.

[This might also be re-roll all blank results when attacking with your primary weapon].


"There will be a substantial reward for anyone who finds the Millenium Falcon. You are free to use whatever means necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegration!".

Lord Vader


#24 Parakitor

Parakitor

    Member

  • Members
  • 973 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 02:35 PM

I really wish we had a Y-wing pilot that could take an elite talent, but then you could have a Y-wing with Daredevil or Expert Handling, and let's face it: nobody can pilot a Y-wing that expertly.

I agree with Hothie's assessment of dolling out extra attack dice. "To a dark place this line of thought will carry us. Careful we must be."

@Sodapopj: Love the "reverse Maarek" idea for Porkins' ability. I also agree that he shouldn't get an Elite Pilot Talent slot. Of course, there's no way to even think he could deserve that: Commander Dreis doesn't even have that and he's the squad leader!

@Vorpal Sword: Last Minute Adjustment could be a good one. I could see myself playing it. It reminds me a little of Expert Handling, but seems like it would be less situational, which is good. 3 points seems reasonable.


"That starship won't fly, Bastila."


#25 Picasso

Picasso

    Member

  • Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

I was thinking of Wes as a Y-wing pilot.  Which is why I went with the extra attack die.  You can't give more attack dice to X-wings!  That is crazy talk.  Also in the Comics he was a crack shot with a turret.  

I think Zev and Hobbie would make great pilots to add as well.  A genaric Rouge Squadron pilot would be awesome.  I'd make it just like a red squad but with the ability to take an upgrade.

Zev and Hobbie were great pilots so abilities that would let them take an evade token or have banks be green manuvers would be cool.

I'd also like to see more R2 units.  



#26 The_Brown_Bomber

The_Brown_Bomber

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:40 PM

Picasso said:

I was thinking of Wes as a Y-wing pilot.  Which is why I went with the extra attack die.  You can't give more attack dice to X-wings!  That is crazy talk.  Also in the Comics he was a crack shot with a turret.  

I think Zev and Hobbie would make great pilots to add as well.  A genaric Rouge Squadron pilot would be awesome.  I'd make it just like a red squad but with the ability to take an upgrade.

Zev and Hobbie were great pilots so abilities that would let them take an evade token or have banks be green manuvers would be cool.

I'd also like to see more R2 units.  

Id like to see an R2 droid that boost for front deflector shields for a turn, not sure what the drawback would be as its sorta like an evasive action so i guess you would expect to use your action or take a stress token perhaps?


"There will be a substantial reward for anyone who finds the Millenium Falcon. You are free to use whatever means necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegration!".

Lord Vader


#27 The_Brown_Bomber

The_Brown_Bomber

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:08 PM

how about a pilot skill upgrade skill like

Sqaudron Leader: (cost 4) select two pilots of the same ship type who do not have a pilot skill and given them the pilot skill icon in ther upgrade bar.

be kinda cool to give lesser pilots a pilot skill upgarde each.


"There will be a substantial reward for anyone who finds the Millenium Falcon. You are free to use whatever means necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegration!".

Lord Vader


#28 Parakitor

Parakitor

    Member

  • Members
  • 973 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 04:17 PM

Picasso said:

A genaric Rouge Squadron pilot would be awesome.  I'd make it just like a red squad but with the ability to take an upgrade.

Totally! Honestly, I am completely anticipating this pilot card to come out with a repainted X-wing expansion, which is why I haven't purchased two core sets yet. I have three X-wings and am saving the fourth slot for the inevitable X-wing Expansion V. 2.


"That starship won't fly, Bastila."


#29 Picasso

Picasso

    Member

  • Members
  • 637 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 01:43 AM

Also, I'd like to see "Attack Pattern Delta" made into a card. 

I think it should be one of those cards that forces opponents to shoot at a specific target. 



#30 hothie

hothie

    Member

  • Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:40 AM

Ship modification: Increased Payload (cost 6): secondary weapons are not discarded, and may be used again.

 

This has to have a high cost, like 5 or 6. Wouldn't that be an interesting card to toss around?



#31 The_Brown_Bomber

The_Brown_Bomber

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,787 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:25 AM

hothie said:

Ship modification: Increased Payload (cost 6): secondary weapons are not discarded, and may be used again.

 

This has to have a high cost, like 5 or 6. Wouldn't that be an interesting card to toss around?

wow, pretty powerful. maybe just a second use only? could have a slwoing affect on your movement?


"There will be a substantial reward for anyone who finds the Millenium Falcon. You are free to use whatever means necessary, but I want them alive. No disintegration!".

Lord Vader


#32 hothie

hothie

    Member

  • Members
  • 989 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:39 AM

If it's only for a second use, then the cost should be less than 6, maybe 4 or 5. I could see that restriction, though. Maybe something like:

Increased Payload (cost 5): A secondary weapon with the words "discard this card" is not discarded after its first use. Instead, it may be used only 1 more time before being discarded.






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS