27 replies to this topic

#21 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 692 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:15 AM

guciomir said:

talismanamsilat said:

I see dark/light fate being the main focus of the next small box expansion!

Ell.

That would be a missed opportunity and I really hope that small box will NOT feature dark/light fate. This mechanic begs to be included in 4th corner expansion.

The way I see it:

- we have too many adventure cards , so adding a few dark/light cards inside the pool will not be noticeable

- we have too few dungeon/highlands (and probably city) cards

- every corner expansion should serve a purpose, is there anything left for "forest" (or graveyard, whatever comes next)? apart from craft focus ? another boss to defeat? that would be boring. I really hope dark/light tokens are there. If any player takes a lead, other characters could go to forest , get dark fate and try to make life harder for leader.

While I agree with a bit of your thought, some questions:

Following their pattern of board/small/board/small sets, the next set would be a small. Why can't it have a Fate focus? Every expansion is meant to be on its own - you don't need Highlands to play with Blood Moon, for example.

So *wherever* the fate thing happens in an expansion - well - its there!

I would like to see Fate go to what I think its NATURAL point should be: Fate is the gift - or curse of the Gods. Whether we believe or not (sorta contradicting my earlier thought), Fate is supernatural, ie; God/the Gods etc.

So maybe Fate should also be tied into praying or anything that seeks to gain favor with the non physical beings. The sacrifice ability a character may have, or the Altar places.

This new use of Dark/Light fate should transcend most game dynamics, the way that Day/Night has. With a distinct way or meaning to each side of the Fate token - and what it means as rewards or consequences.

#22 arkiva

arkiva

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 09:45 AM

0beron said:

evilmg said:

Forest expansion with all the swamps, sacred spots, glades etc. sounds very climatic.  Here's my vision: The further we go into the forest, the difficulty level goes up. First spaces are quite easy - draw x cards. Then we start to get spaces similar to Runes Space in the middle region of the main board (enemy's get modifiers +1/+5). Of course at the end player has the chance to fight powerful boss, and the reward is a magic item which protects the owner from the Command Spell (limited to x spells only).

OK, but wha't next? After 4 corner expansions are there gonna be any more big ones with boards?

These ideas are very worthy! I would like that; the difficulty going up per your example - and the item that challenges the Command Spell

Yes, very nice ideas!

#23 GrimGuvna

GrimGuvna

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:36 AM

Undoubtedly a forest sylvan setting for the 4th corner.

Also expect to see a nautical/Ocean/lostIsland/Pirate expansion  (Notice the abscence of sea themed characters)

The desert is begging for a board as well and has never been done before.

The Dragon expansion heralds an awesome new style of expansion (Epic Level).  Expect one for undead vampire lords with zombie skele goodness which will utilise the graveyard in new ways probably.  I expect that we will see an epic expansion for demon lords which will include an extra board for other relams like timescape did (with less o the sci fi please).

I also fully expect to see a expansion similar to what Miskatonic Horror did for Arkham Horror by that I mean a "Big" box of additional stuff for all aspects of Talisman to date (extra Dungeon, Highlands,City etc)

No doubt we will see a plethora of lil box expansions that I have absolutely no idea will add to the game.  They will have a specific theme though like Goblins, Orcs, Elves etc.  Maybe even adding complexity to characters like skills.

All good stuff.

We definitly need a new FAQ like now.

#24 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 692 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:14 AM

I'm not so sure the Expansions will go on and on, GG, while I would purchase every set FFG produced. But I do think that it is more likely there are a finite number of sets to come.

Still I think we're in for quite a ride.  We'll see, most likely a Forest Realm or Region. Perhaps a good part of it emphasize watery bits; swamp, waterfalls, lakes - a whirlpool that could transport you back to the main board? Myself, I hope for a more Craft based challenge, more Magickal things, including a Female Big Bad, maybe a Dark Fairy Queen of the Region.  

Rather than new boards that need to be placed on other surfaces, what about mini-boards that fit between City and Dungeon, or Highlands and "Forest"? They would not make the overall playing area wider. One might make a cool desert and one a "sea" perhaps? 

#25 arkiva

arkiva

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 11:04 PM

If i could say only one thing i wish like the next board espansion, it is Forest, without doubt.

#26 evilmg

evilmg

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:10 AM

0beron said:

Rather than new boards that need to be placed on other surfaces, what about mini-boards that fit between City and Dungeon, or Highlands and "Forest"? They would not make the overall playing area wider. One might make a cool desert and one a "sea" perhaps? 

That would be quite a nasty surprise for the owners of the main board made by Black Industries (which is smaller than the FFG one). No chance to squeeze in new mini-boards.

However I would love to see more boards in future expansions! :)

#27 Hamal22

Hamal22

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:18 AM

I think that thay will make 2 little boards in the middle beetwin the boards ( city, daungeon/ highland,??)

Maybe in a  T shape so thay can have more space

#28 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 692 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:36 AM

On the other hand… we're used to dealing with the board and playing area as a 2 dimensional space (except if you played the 3rd edition, or the one that had the actual Tower?)

so maybe those spaces between expansion boards can host structures (board or plastic) that would raise up a board above the regular playing surface.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS