• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,703 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:57 AM

Since Rebel Assault does not work on Trench Run, even though they're in the same objective set, I am not going to argue that Twist of Fate will trigger TIE Attack Squadron's reaction because they're in the same set.

[See, I was actually going to argue that Twist of Fate must work since you can only have so many fate cards in your deck. In fact, you could have 12, I think -- many more than I was expecting. So from a balance perspective, I wouldn't bat an eye if Twist of Fate didn't work, though my logic puts me on the pro ToF combo side of the fence.]

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#22 Ravncat

Ravncat

• Members
  • 781 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:03 PM

dbmeboy said:

Surge1000 has a good idea of the problems on both sides of this one.  Has anyone submitted this to FFG yet to make sure it's covered in the FAQ?  Perhaps I should go do that now…

I copied and pasted my original post, and put it into the rules questions submission thing - I haven't gotten any kind of email response - but it did say that it had been properly submitted. I didn't add the bit about possibly triggerring twice via 2 edge battles - since I hadn't thought of that at the point.

#23 Rogue 4

Rogue 4

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:28 AM

I understand a lot of the reasons why you think TAS would work, but I believe that the rules team will say that it doen't. It does not reach the intent for the card in my opiinion. But other cards are weirdly phased as well:

Red 2: Any objective blows up - even your own

Redemption - Any character is placed in hand, possibly even opponents?

They have to clarify quite a bit. Could change the game a little.

Millennium Falcon, Rebel Transport, Tantive IV, A-Wing x2, B-wing, E-Wing, X-wing x4, Y-wing, Z95 Headhunter x2, HWK-290, TIE Fighter x 5, TIE Advanced x1, TIE Bomber, x1, TIE Interceptor x1, TIE Defender, TIE Phantom,  Imperial Aces, Slave I, Lambda Shuttle

#24 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 05:15 AM

jss_hobbie said:

I understand a lot of the reasons why you think TAS would work, but I believe that the rules team will say that it doen't. It does not reach the intent for the card in my opiinion. But other cards are weirdly phased as well:

Redemption could indeed be used to save an opponent's character (note that the Interrupt is optional, so it would be your choice to do so).

#25 ScottieATF

ScottieATF

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:05 PM

jss_hobbie said:

Niether of those things are oddly worded at all.  I do not get what you are talking about.  Just because you think it should work a different way does not mean those cards are worded oddly. 

#26 Rogue 4

Rogue 4

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:00 AM

So redemption says Limit once per turn, does that mean the active player (DS) could benifit from the LS card? Or does the LS as card owner have the right to let the interrupt ability be used?

Millennium Falcon, Rebel Transport, Tantive IV, A-Wing x2, B-wing, E-Wing, X-wing x4, Y-wing, Z95 Headhunter x2, HWK-290, TIE Fighter x 5, TIE Advanced x1, TIE Bomber, x1, TIE Interceptor x1, TIE Defender, TIE Phantom,  Imperial Aces, Slave I, Lambda Shuttle

#27 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,430 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 04:21 AM

jss_hobbie said:

So redemption says Limit once per turn, does that mean the active player (DS) could benifit from the LS card? Or does the LS as card owner have the right to let the interrupt ability be used?

All Actions, Reactions, and Interrupts occur at the option of the card's controller unless preceeded by the word "Forced" (see Rancor for example). In the case of Redemption, the LS player has the option to use the interrupt any time a character would leave play. They could choose to use it on a DS character (and there may be some situations where they would want to), but they are never required to use it on any character, LS or DS.

#28 ScottieATF

ScottieATF

• Members
  • 762 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 05:15 AM

jss_hobbie said:

You control your own cards, that includes any triggered effect.  Unless the card states otherwise.

#29 agnos

agnos

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 06:44 AM

I would like to point out that there are time in which it is very usefule to use this ability on your opponent's characters.  That said, it would only be reasonably useful in circumstances where you already have full board control and are trying to prevent your opponent from being able to 'draw out.' as it were.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS