Tokens etc

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Rowdy

Rowdy

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 11:14 PM

Now that X-Wing has expanded somewhat, has any one heard of expanding the token sets? Hopefully someone like GF9 will make the token, template sets and maneuver dials for the game. I know Litko have some but rather pricey and not all tokens are available. Whilst its great value as a starter set, the compressed cardboard tools provided will have a limited life. Another ongoing support idea is base and peg sets. This will help with damage from play and any custom ships.

Do we get extra shield tokens anywhere to go with the shield upgrade cards?

For Wave three, B-Wing and Tie Bomber are no brainers (What, no Ewok Glider?) who knows what else? I did hear of a shuttle, but I expect it as a cardboard mission token only.

If there is a wave four I would like to see durable tokens etc.

#2 afilter

afilter

• Members
  • 262 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 04:41 AM

I would welcome a token set form FFG or a third party.  One thing I immediately noticed is that FFG was a bit stingy with the tokens as you only received exactly what you need to each ship which means there are no extras.  I am pretty careful with my stuff, but it does mean if you lose one you are out since there are no extras.

We played a 300 point battle this weekend and I was extra careful during clean up to make sure my stuff did not get mixed in with others for that very reason.  Unless there is some sort of liscense issue I would fully expect Litko to eventually come out with something.  I know you can request custom stuff from them and they will put it up in the Jim's lab and is it does well they will usually add it to regualr stock.  With this game though there bmay be some proprietery issues.

I think FFG is missing the boat if they do not come out with some card and token expansions along with bases/pegs.  Maybe a generic accessory pack so we can at least purchase replacements for lost and damaged items.

#3 Fabe_ca

Fabe_ca

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:44 AM

LITKO already has all the plastic templates you'll need for the game.

http://www.litko.net...ar-Wars-X-Wing/

#4 The R5Don4 Star II

The R5Don4 Star II

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:51 PM

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

#5 zathras23

zathras23

• Members
  • 599 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

What I'd like to see is lock on counters that are different for each side. I've seen it get somewhat confusing when both sides have target locks on each other.

#6 Rowdy

Rowdy

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 06:07 PM

I believe that is what the letters printed on them are for.

#7 niceas

niceas

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:56 AM

Keep in mind that non-FFG tokens/templates are not suitable for tournament play.  So you might want to keep that in mind before investing in the Litko templates and tokens.

#8 Grape Starburst

Grape Starburst

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:02 AM

Rowdy said:

Now that X-Wing has expanded somewhat, has any one heard of expanding the token sets? Hopefully someone like GF9 will make the token, template sets and maneuver dials for the game. I know Litko have some but rather pricey and not all tokens are available. Whilst its great value as a starter set, the compressed cardboard tools provided will have a limited life. Another ongoing support idea is base and peg sets. This will help with damage from play and any custom ships.

Do we get extra shield tokens anywhere to go with the shield upgrade cards?

For Wave three, B-Wing and Tie Bomber are no brainers (What, no Ewok Glider?) who knows what else? I did hear of a shuttle, but I expect it as a cardboard mission token only.

If there is a wave four I would like to see durable tokens etc.

You'd have to ask somebody who won one of them to be sure, but my guess is whatever ship(s) come with the shield upgrade also have the extra shield token that goes with it.

#9 Denied

Denied

• Members
  • 332 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

Allied Perspectives has templates and the such them and they are significatly cheaper. They are working on Tokens though. http://www.appliedpe...op-gaming-aids/

#10 Rowdy

Rowdy

• Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

Denied said:

Allied Perspectives has templates and the such them and they are significatly cheaper. They are working on Tokens though. http://www.appliedpe...op-gaming-aids/

They're not bad, whats the rock looking thing and pew on the range template? Kinda ruins it.

#11 Eruletho

Eruletho

• Members
  • 594 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 12:54 AM

the rock thing is an explosion, and the pew pew pew, like the boom, is there for decoration. Both are optional, and can be removed VIA the order form

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS