120 replies to this topic

#21 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,327 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 07:36 AM

LMKComaBlack said:

So how do you all feel about a Navy Darth Vader and a Sith Darth Vader?  You know a Rebel Luke will happen in the Hoth Cycle as well.  Rebel Han will happen sooner or later too.  Any other crossovers you can think of?

I like that we are getting another Vader. It seems early as it is the first pack but still it's Darth Freaking Vader so it is not a bad thing having another version of one of fictions most iconic villains. I think what we can tell of his ability is very fitting, represents him "inspiring" the troops with his presence. I have already built an Imperial Navy swarm deck and this looks like it will be right at home there.

#22 Xenu's Paradox

Xenu's Paradox

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 08:36 AM

Likely text on Probe Droid:

2 cost

1 Damage Capacity

Edge blast icon

"Interrupt: When this unit leaves play, deal 1 damage to target enemy objective."

#23 Trowa

Trowa

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:43 PM

cooleo1c said:

Toqtamish said:

Anyone had any luck getting a pic of these three cards ? I hope the art for Imperial Vader is the art from A Dark Time with the snowtroopers.  

Wow you must be psychic 

http://tinyurl.com/3efc4p4

How man threads are you going to post this in?  Get a life.

#24 stormwolf27

stormwolf27

• Members
  • 623 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:16 PM

Trowa said:

cooleo1c said:

Toqtamish said:

Anyone had any luck getting a pic of these three cards ? I hope the art for Imperial Vader is the art from A Dark Time with the snowtroopers.  

Wow you must be psychic 

Your reaction and other's are exactly what he/she is looking for. Don't feed the trolls, people.

Also, some great cards (not all, but enough). Can't wait.

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men." - Willy Wonka

#25 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,327 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 11:32 PM

Trowa said:

cooleo1c said

Wow you must be psychic 

Report the posts to moderator and then try to ignore him. 

#26 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,257 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:11 AM

Personally, I enjoyed the link. It's been a while since I was Rickroll'd.

#27 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:15 PM

So I notice that there is a new set being released. I just found the base set finally for sale. Is there only one expansion, or did I miss the first two?

Welcome to the machine!

#28 superradjoe

superradjoe

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:35 PM

None of the expansions are actually out yet.  There are just card previews.

#29 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,327 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:17 PM

MasterJediAdam said:

So I notice that there is a new set being released. I just found the base set finally for sale. Is there only one expansion, or did I miss the first two?

First Force Pack, Desolation of Hoth, will be released in February. 

#30 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:55 AM

Toqtamish said:

MasterJediAdam said:

I actually find a February release unlikely as it is still listed as "In Development" and it would most likely need to already be "On The Boat" by now in order to pull of a February release.

#31 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,327 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:39 AM

FFG previewed it in November and they almost always do previews 3 months in advance, usually with major releases there is a one month break before cycle starts, numerous online retailers point to February as do distributor solicitation magazines like Game Trade Magazine. So for now barring any delays go with February.  

#32 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:02 AM

You're quite a bit more optimistic than I am if you think they can finish development, do all of the printing, ship it to their warehouse in MN, and then ship it from MN to the retailers in the next 6 weeks.  I hope you're right, but the shipment from the printers to them can take 6 weeks by itself…

#33 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,327 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:16 AM

I've been collecting FFG stuff for years. The Upcoming Page status is not always accurate. 

However another way to look at it is according to upcoming page pack 1 is Q1, pack 2 is Q1 and pack 3 is Q3. Only way for that to work is Feb, Mar, Apr. 

Now if there is a printing delay this is all subject to change.  

#34 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:26 PM

Toqtamish said:

MasterJediAdam said:

So what is the deal with this page - is it an error?

link

The page has prices, with "A Dark Time" saying it can be bought now, with the others not available.

Welcome to the machine!

#35 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,327 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 12:35 AM

MasterJediAdam said:

So what is the deal with this page - is it an error?

link

The page has prices, with "A Dark Time" saying it can be bought now, with the others not available.

Lol, yes that is an error. A funny one too since A Dark Time is the third pack. I'll report that one to the webmaster.

#36 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

Thanks. I am super excited to get my stuff in the mail this weekend, but wanted to get caught up with all the gear I needed.

Also, I know it is off topic, but is it a good idea to purchase 2x of these packs. I don't have experience with fixed pack games, so I am a little unsure.

Welcome to the machine!

#37 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,327 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:54 AM

MasterJediAdam said:

Thanks. I am super excited to get my stuff in the mail this weekend, but wanted to get caught up with all the gear I needed.

Also, I know it is off topic, but is it a good idea to purchase 2x of these packs. I don't have experience with fixed pack games, so I am a little unsure.

Force Packs come with two of each objective set unless it says Limit of 1 in which case you get one. So you will never need more than one pack unless you want to use the same sets in multiple decks at the same time.

#38 cooleo1c

cooleo1c

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

MasterJediAdam said:

Your going to love this game Adam. It's a great change of pace from swccg.

Yes you only need to buy one of each Force pack. Would you guys be upset if they call the future prequel packs "Midiclorian Packs"?

#39 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 03:37 AM

cooleo1c said:

MasterJediAdam said:

Your going to love this game Adam. It's a great change of pace from swccg.

Yes you only need to buy one of each Force pack. Would you guys be upset if they call the future prequel packs "Midiclorian Packs"?

I am excited. My stuff comes in the mail soon. I am planning on coming your way later on this year; so I fully expect a tour of the gaming center and some time to play a few rounds. Beside you and Jeeps, any other locals I know playing?

Welcome to the machine!

#40 qwertyuiop

qwertyuiop

• Members
  • 815 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 05:29 AM

Toqtamish said:

TGO said:

They just Rick rolled everybody. Classic.

Stupid waste of time you mean.

Toq don't joke!

To add, I'm really interested in this cycle. The Hoth expansion for SWCCG was one of my favorites. Target the main generators!!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS