Please post technical issues here

• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#41 MarioFanaticXV

MarioFanaticXV

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:54 AM

I'm getting my copy of Descent tomorrow, and I've been fiddling around witht he quest editor. I've found two problems:

1) There seems to be no way to delete a quest.

2) Often times when I zoom in or out, I'll be unable to select map tiles, and instead it will just drag the entire map as though I clicked on an empty area. This bug seems to persist until I refresh and clear my cache.

#42 SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen

• Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:06 AM

I just got the latest expansion. Looks great BTW.

BUT - that said - any ETA on the new pieces being added into the quest maker? I'd like to use some of the new tiles! Thanks!

#43 rugal

rugal

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:26 AM

today, i'm unable to uses it

Service Temporarily Unavailable

#44 NewbWanKenobi

NewbWanKenobi

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:30 PM

Error publishing... i want to print it kinda useless if you can't use it.

#45 Starwolf1983

Starwolf1983

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:26 AM

I'm using (or want to use) the Quest Vault under Windows 7 in Firefox. Whenever I place a map Tile, Firefox asks me whether I really want to leave the site. If I click "no", nothing happens, no map tile placed. If I click "yes" it says no connection to server 49.

???

#46 Zaltyre

Zaltyre

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 07:44 AM

I'm getting my copy of Descent tomorrow, and I've been fiddling around witht he quest editor. I've found two problems:

1) There seems to be no way to delete a quest.

2) Often times when I zoom in or out, I'll be unable to select map tiles, and instead it will just drag the entire map as though I clicked on an empty area. This bug seems to persist until I refresh and clear my cache.

I'm having the same issues. The first isn't a technical issue (just a missing feature,) however I'm frequently unable to move a map piece once I've placed it. Instead, the entire map moves when I try to move the piece. This seems to be regardless of map size, and persists after a log in/out (even on a different machine.) I'm using Chrome in both cases. This also happened with a piece of text. Since there's no way to delete a quest that has a map piece "stuck" in it, I've just been starting new ones when this happens.

#47 rdh174

rdh174

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:42 AM

I have a quest that will not publish. I have tried to publish it on different days and I have made numerous attempts. The same error message always appears when I try to exit the quest.

Thanks

#48 elderking

elderking

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:49 PM

I’ve had two technical issues with the Quest builder.

The first was in the map mode I wasn’t able to edit text on the map. No amount of double clicking would allow me to edit the text. I am running Safari on a Macbook, and wondered if it could be because I’m using the trackpad instead of a mouse.

The second is when I try to edit my published quest, it won’t bring up the quest information to edit. It appears to just freeze.

#49 Oekie

Oekie

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:40 AM

Hi,

For a few days everything works fine. And now I can't open my quest.

I click on edit, the next site ist loading and thats it.

#50 api

api

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 04:38 AM

Hi everyone,

I've seen a bug concerning quest liking.

If you are on the home page and you click on a quest in top rated or recently added you are redirected to the page "http://tools.fantasy...e/Quest_Number/ "

ex : http://tools.fantasy...escent/home/47/ for The King of All Goblins, there, it is possible to like.

But, if you browse it and you click on the quest, you're send to "http://tools.fantasy...#search-results" or "http://tools.fantasy...descent/search/", here you can't like the quest, to like you have to click on the "link to share to share this quest" which is http://tools.fantasy...e/Quest_Number/ (home link) and then you can like.

I report this bug for Safari (7.0), chrome (31.0.1650.63) and firefox (23.0.1) on Mac OSX 10.9.

api

#51 rgsbrpb

rgsbrpb

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 08:03 PM

Hi.

I cant find the download link to the tool?

Can you direct me?

#52 kapucu

kapucu

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:14 AM

Why can not I enter the Quest Vault?

Even though I logged in and my name is seen on the top of the page, it brings me back to log in page again and again. This problem has been for a while with my two other computers now it started with this one too. I have tried different browsers and remove ad-block software but did not help.

#53 Gamelore

Gamelore

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 04:19 PM

The Player Scenarios for Descent 1st Edition were all moved to this archive page "http://www.fantasyfl...rep.asp?eidm=19" to make way for Descent 2nd Edition player scenarios.

However, they are not accessible. Can you fix the link?

The link for "Descent Scenario Editor and fan-made quest database" which points to "http://app.fantasyfl...ent_quests.html" gives a "Page Not Found" result.

Please fix this so we can pull up favorite quests from Descent 1E.

Otherwise, and I'm sure the broken link is just an oversight, please zip up the archive and host it (at least temporarily), even if it means losing the metadata, such as comments, author, players, and ratings. The playerbase can then preserve these wonderful creations and possibly recreate them with the 2E editor.

Thanks! :) 

#54 FFG Webmaster

FFG Webmaster

• Administrators
  • 34 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 06:58 PM

Thank you for the information Gamelore. I will review and see why the link is no longer functional. As this is not a technical support issue regarding the Descent Quest Vault, I will not post any further on this thread. However I will update this message once the issue has been resolved.

#55 nicoreed

nicoreed

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 January 2014 - 09:06 AM

Hi everyone...

im meeting a very annoying bug with the quest vault :

Sometimes when i slide some tiles over the canvas they don' t appear but are still discounted on the right bar. At this moment im no longer able to pick them back so my quest gets stuck leavin me with just one possibility ;start it over from the start again..

Next point is : How do i do to delete quests i dont want to keep?

Thanks for your help,

Nicoreed

#56 Zaltyre

Zaltyre

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 23 February 2014 - 10:26 PM

I published a quest recently (Friday) and since doing so, I am unable to access it either via the editing menu or the preview/download buttons. Additionally, the "required sets" seem to have doubled in quantity. This happened once before making this same quest public, but the issue fixed itself within a matter of hours.

#57 nodestiny

nodestiny

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 10:14 AM

I can't seem to get my PDF to download of the recent quest I made.  I can preview fine, but the download gives me an error...

http://tools.fantasy...nt/newpdf/1822/

Server Error

Cannot contact the authentication server at this time. Please reload the page.

I have tried 3 different browsers: IE, Chrome, and FF.  All fail.

Edited by nodestiny, 25 February 2014 - 10:15 AM.

#58 Brutalien

Brutalien

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 01:07 PM

Using Chrome Version 34.0.1847.116 m

Sometimes objects (tiles, tokens, etc) will not be selected when clicking on them (they would not turn red).
I right-clicked one time a token and "added info" for it. Later, I deleted the token but info remained without a handle. I could not in any way "click" or "catch" the black info line so as to delete it.
[Suggestion: Add a "Select all" and "Delete all Info" buttons.]

#59 rfisha

rfisha

• Members
  • 223 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 07:57 AM

I am experiencing the following issues (Chrome: 34.0.1847.116 m)

Double clicking on text doesn't seem to allow me to edit it

Selecting items and rotating etc doesn't work, but it does from the context menu.

When Adding info, it doesn't allow me to terminate the the connector.  I cannot delete the info either - deleting the token does not delete the the info line.

In Firefox (version 26)

Double clicking on text doesn't seem to allow me to edit it.  The text goes red, but I cannot actually edit it.

#60 Zaltyre

Zaltyre

• Members
  • 443 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 05:41 PM

Very minor issue- glad to have the Nerekhall tiles, but the count of piece 68 (right angle connector, 2x2 size) seems to be 1 instead of 2.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS