Budgernaut

• Members
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

ziggy2000 said:

Budgernaut said:

dbmeboy said:

MasterJediAdam said:

Yeah, to me twinst of fate seems to be a defensive card more than an offense card; though there are admittedly situations when ToF is a good offensive call.

It works pretty well both ways.  Remember, the defender probably played a couple of cards on their turn and probably only has 3-4 cards total for edge battles.  As the attacker, you can start out with a ToF, and then when the defender plays in one of their cards follow with a Dagobah Training Grounds or another otherwise useless card.  The defender is now pretty likely to toss in another card.  If you have one more "worthless" edge card you can put it in, but even if you don't you now have the defender down to 1 or 2 remaining cards at best.  Plus, you probably ate all of their copies of Heat of Battle.

Absolutely! I can't count how many of those resource cards I've thrown in with Twist of Fate.

I'm curious, guys… What kind of deck are you playing that you'd consider a resource-producer like Dagobah Training Grounds "useless"?

It all depends on when it comes out. If I have a resource-producing card in my opening hand or my second turn, I'll play it without question. But as the game drags on, I'll get less yield from one of those cards than I would if played earlier.

Sometimes I have two in hand so I can only play one in my turn. Rather than holding onto it for the next round, I can use it with Twist of Fate during my opponent's turn to goad them into using more cards for the edge battle, which in turn makes it easier for me to win edge battles on my next turn.

The other thing is that beyond 8 resources, I feel like I don't spend everything I have. You can only purchase so much and still have strength for Edge Battles. That's why those resource cards don't get played in some of my games -- I just don't need them

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#22 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:57 PM

dbmeboy said:

MasterJediAdam said:

Yeah, to me twinst of fate seems to be a defensive card more than an offense card; though there are admittedly situations when ToF is a good offensive call.

It works pretty well both ways.  Remember, the defender probably played a couple of cards on their turn and probably only has 3-4 cards total for edge battles.  As the attacker, you can start out with a ToF, and then when the defender plays in one of their cards follow with a Dagobah Training Grounds or another otherwise useless card.  The defender is now pretty likely to toss in another card.  If you have one more "worthless" edge card you can put it in, but even if you don't you now have the defender down to 1 or 2 remaining cards at best.  Plus, you probably ate all of their copies of Heat of Battle.

That is actually quite a good point. Thanks for the game tip!

Welcome to the machine!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS