What new books would you like to see?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Cryhavok

Cryhavok

• Members
  • 354 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:35 PM

Okay after looking for the refference to differing evolution, I couldnt find it, so Im abandoning that argument.

#22 Erathia

Erathia

• Members
  • 818 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

I shall answer both threads on this topic!

My understanding is that there are three types of Eldar: There are Eldar, who are the members that heeded the warnings heralding the Fall of the Edar and fled, escaping mostly unharmed in their Craftworlds. There are the Dark Eldar, who fled once the Fall happened and they were "touched" by the birth of Slaanesh, which is why they have to sacrifice people to save themselves. There are also Exodites who are Eldar that grew disgusted with their race's ways long before the fall, and fled to the edges of the Galaxy and live much simpler lives although they still possess some technology. 

There are two types of books that I'd like. The first is an "Empire Creator" to provide guidelines on how to lost civilizations of Man or Xenos empires in the heart of the Expanse. Essentially a book with the breadth of Into the Storm, so that we get a wide range of information that can be peppered into the campaign as we see fit. The Xenos theme is just so we get an idea of how we can formally build our own Yu'Vath, egarian or Slaugth-type empires who have a lot of backstory in the RT setting but it's a little vague on how to build your own ships for.

The other would be a high-level campaign that could serve as a capstone to a party's adventures in the Expanse. It's really easy to do a lot of things in RT, but having a suitably long-term scope that would be a great note to go out on.

Citizens of Grace! We have defeated both the Dark Eldar and Ork menaces that threatened your system! We need no thanks nor payments, so long as you do not leave the atmosphere during our salvage operations under pain of death! - Jequin Hos of The Hos Dynasty

#23 Cheddah

Cheddah

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:11 PM

Galaxy Guidebook: Go outside the typical rpg setting and explore famous 40k locations like Terra, Mars, etc.

#24 BaronIveagh

BaronIveagh

• Members
  • 895 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

I'd like to see Ships and Stations expanded on further.

I'd also like them to look at the following:

Chaos ships still in use by the Imperium, such as those in the Reserve Fleets of Battlefleet Obscurus  (You know, the segmentum that the setting takes place in?).  Since, for no particular reason, the stats that would allow us to reverse engineer them from Battlefleet Koronus are missing.

Canon Imperial hulls (not including battleships) that have not yet been introduced such as:

Charybdis class grand cruiser  (IA 10)

Siluria Class Light Cruiser  (BFGM, BFG FAQ 2010)

Cardinal Class Heavy Cruiser (BFGM, IA 10)

Viper class destroyer (BFGM, BFG FAQ 2010)

Praetor class destoyer (mentioned in several sources but no stats ever published).

Long Serpent class Battlecruiser.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS