Photo

What Happened to Dark Reign? And is there a replacement somewhere?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Saverick Lenvar

Saverick Lenvar

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:26 AM

I've been out of the 40k RPG loop for about a year or so now, but I was thinking of jumping back in. I was looking for the updated version of the 40k RPG Character sheet as the last version I have is 5.95. I would normally snag it from Dark Reign the unofficial 40k roleplaying community site, but it seems to have vanished. My google searches for it have just turned up broken links to both it and something called new dark reign. Anybody know what happened to it and if there is another site that took its place?

#2 Rapier

Rapier

• Members
  • 524 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:48 AM

I asked one of the moderators (if you search for dark reign forum you should still get to the forums).

Apparantly the problem was caused by them changing who is running the site - the new person isn't sure how to fix it and they're waiting on the old site mananger to have time to help (He obviously stopped due to lackof time).

I don't know of a replacement, I've been looking.

#3 Saverick Lenvar

Saverick Lenvar

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 03:47 AM

Thanks for the reply. I tried digging through the contributor forums, but alas no luck. Thats an unfortunate story for Dark Reign and the 40k RPG community. I hope they can get it fixed soon.

#4 voidstate

voidstate

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

Well, the forums are back: http://darkreign.org/forum/index.php

Everything else is still lost in the warp, though. 

· Try my Unoffical X-Wing Squadron Builder, see the 100,000+ squadrons other players have created or a list of all the X-Wing components.
· I spent the last year backpacking around SE Asia for a year with my wife and three identical triplet girls. Check out our blog to see where we got to: Travels With Triplets.

#5 Killbeggar

Killbeggar

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:42 AM

voidstate said:

Well, the forums are back: http://darkreign.org/forum/index.php

Everything else is still lost in the warp, though. 

It looks like the main site is back up - but a lot of the content still needs to be restored.

"The Heraldic Cross stands proud on my chest where the Astartes of lesser chapters wear the Emperor's Aquila.
We do not wear His symbol, we ARE His symbol."
- Reclusiarch Grimaldus of the Black Templars, Hero of Helsreach

#6 Cogniczar

Cogniczar

• Members
  • 514 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 07:21 PM

The main site is back up, indeed. Restoration of the content is a long process for me, unfortunately. I'm building the site back up from scratch, and adding content manually. My goal is to have the majority of the content restored by the end of next month. I've finished getting the majority of the .pdfs back up (although at the moment the site isn't near where I want it aesthetically), and moving on to the excel sheets and generators. Once that is complete, I'll be querying the old database back up for the posted submissions. 

#7 Killbeggar

Killbeggar

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:33 PM

Cogniczar said:

The main site is back up, indeed. Restoration of the content is a long process for me, unfortunately. I'm building the site back up from scratch, and adding content manually. My goal is to have the majority of the content restored by the end of next month. I've finished getting the majority of the .pdfs back up (although at the moment the site isn't near where I want it aesthetically), and moving on to the excel sheets and generators. Once that is complete, I'll be querying the old database back up for the posted submissions. 

I'm glad you brought such a great site back and appreciate your dedication and hard work.

"The Heraldic Cross stands proud on my chest where the Astartes of lesser chapters wear the Emperor's Aquila.
We do not wear His symbol, we ARE His symbol."
- Reclusiarch Grimaldus of the Black Templars, Hero of Helsreach

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS