Orlando/Central Florida

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 DailyRich

DailyRich

• Members
  • 453 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:12 AM

There was a thread already in the general forum, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to get one going in the subforum, since that may be where folks are looking for such threads going forward.

I'm in a group that plays on Sundays at Sci-Fi City, about 4 miles east of downtown.  No league yet, but that's in the works.  We also play X-Wing on that day as well, and have people versed enough in both games to be able -- and willing! -- to teach new players.

#2 AngryMojo

AngryMojo

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:52 PM

We've got a group over at Paladin in Avalon Park as well.  We're working on getting the league kits, I wants me mah Vader deck box.

#3 Tenrousei

Tenrousei

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 05:31 AM

Too true.  Paladin is a little tucked away, but we are alos looking at getting the new space mats from gale force 9.

We also are starting an Edge of the Empire game, but that's kind of hit or miss.

It's a game: have fun.  If is stops being fun, stop playing.

The greatest evil is the indifference of good men.

#4 AngryMojo

AngryMojo

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:27 AM

Heading down to Paladin in a little, hopefully getting a few games in.

#5 Brad Harrington

Brad Harrington

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:55 AM

Hey, I play with a buddy every sunday at his place over in Avalon. I'd love to swing by Paladin some time you guys are there. What times are you normally there?

#6 Doomscizor

Doomscizor

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:08 PM

I don't think I'll be able to make it to sci-Fi city on a regular basis, as I live in Saint Cloud. It's about 35 miles away, but I'd be willing to travel for a tounament. Keep me posted.

#7 XWing32

XWing32

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:58 AM

DailyRich said:

There was a thread already in the general forum, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to get one going in the subforum, since that may be where folks are looking for such threads going forward.

I'm in a group that plays on Sundays at Sci-Fi City, about 4 miles east of downtown.  No league yet, but that's in the works.  We also play X-Wing on that day as well, and have people versed enough in both games to be able -- and willing! -- to teach new players.

I would be very much interested in joining your group that you are in. I was actually in Sci-Fi City today (in a star trek ccg tourney) and noticed and became intrigued with this game that your group was playing. Looks like a lot of fun.  Do you have any additional info as far as dates and times that your group meets and plays? Thanks in advance.

#8 AngryMojo

AngryMojo

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:00 PM

It appears I'll have tomorrow off from work, if anyone would like to meet up and sling some cards I'll be available.

#9 Combotron

Combotron

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:17 AM

I'd be willing to meet at sci fi for some games or organized play.  Do you have a set time/days you meet at sci fi?

#10 shinobishaw

shinobishaw

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:38 AM

Hi, all!

Is this meta still healthy? My roommate and I would love to join. I was doing some research and found a meetup group for Sci-Fi City. It'll be quite a drive for us, so we'd like to be sure there'll be players.
"Lone Star... We meet again, for the first time, for the last time."

#11 keggboy777

keggboy777

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:38 AM

I am north of Orlando. Anyone playing up in this area? Apopka, Sanford, Lake Mary, etc.?

#12 shinobishaw

shinobishaw

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:49 AM

How close are you to Route 50/North Clermont? Hero's Landing doesn't have a whole lot of space (they're moving into a new building in a few months) but the owner is very open to hosting league nights as long as we supply the players. My roommate and I got all inspired by Tiny's "How to build a meta" speech in Smugglers Den a few weeks ago so we're pretty much looking at a day/night for us to go and play consistently every week, even if its just the two of us. Lemme know how close you are!

#13 PasteE

PasteE

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:21 PM

Sci Fi City Orlando has Star Wars Sundays, we are playing both LCG and Xwing miniatures. We had four people on 8/25 and are definitely looking for more.

You've just taken your first step into a larger world.

#14 shinobishaw

shinobishaw

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:03 PM

Sci Fi City Orlando has Star Wars Sundays, we are playing both LCG and Xwing miniatures. We had four people on 8/25 and are definitely looking for more.

I was there! Good times, nice place. Shame we got the boot at the end of the night.

#15 PasteE

PasteE

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:43 PM

Yeah, definitely going to have to get there a little earlier next time to a few more games in.

#16 shinobishaw

shinobishaw

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:31 PM

Agreed. I think it was Richard who was saying there might be an X-Wing tournament week after next, but I'd love to get in some LCG action so I'll probably try to be on deck around noon-ish.

#17 PasteE

PasteE

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 01:24 PM

Not going to be there Labor Day weekend but the following weekend I should be there at noon. Do you or anyone else you know play the edge of empire RPG?

Edited by PasteE, 28 August 2013 - 02:38 PM.

#18 shinobishaw

shinobishaw

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:47 AM

I adore it. I'm running a Skype campaign with my friends this fall, and we demo'd AOR at Gen Con. Really great game.

#19 PasteE

PasteE

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 07:15 PM

I see that Coliseum of Comics near the Mall at Millenia has an open night on Tuesdays, anyone interested in gaming Tuesday night?

#20 shinobishaw

shinobishaw

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:22 AM

@PasteE

Sci-Fi City Games Meetup Group: http://www.meetup.com/SciFiCityGames/

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS