A New Lord of the Rings LCG Blog: Hall of Beorn

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 monkeyrama

monkeyrama

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:24 PM

Just want to add my gratitude for the awesome blog. The decks you post are really great to read, and have opened up my eyes about things I can do with decks (gets so hard not to get stuck in a rut of the same old themes). Keep it up!!! :)

Also, sadly have to agree about Gondor decks. I'm trying to make a pair of Gondor decks, but the stats of the allies, even with the Boromir boost, just aren't there yet. At least the resource manipulation works well. Hopefully the cycle will flesh out Gondor (and get some decent 2 cost allies who can more than defend!).

#22 hendersondayton

hendersondayton

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:54 AM

danpoage said:

As for the deck files, I definitely want to make it easier for people to access the decks so I'm glad to hear suggestions. I'm not sure which sites/formats would be most useful to people so maybe I'll put that up as my next poll. It doesn't make sense to convert all of my decks to three or four different formats if only a few people are going to use them. A bear's got to eat and sleep too :)

I will happily volunteer my time to help put together files for you. At this point, I am able to do CardGameDB, OCTGN, and LOTR DeckBuilder program (which can export to Text, HTML, and LackeyCCG). The only real issue with the digital formats is that OCTGN is only current up thru OHaUH (no Heirs of Numenor yet, will be up in May)…and LackeyCCG stopped being updated a few releases ago. This means not all your deck builds can be supported.

CardGameDB is updated up thru HoN.

At this point, I would say our best bet would be to create the following:

- CardGameDB

- OCTGN

- TEXT and HTML version using LOTR Deck Builder program

Up to you Beorn. I will help you out however I can.

1 Corinthians 10:31 - "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do (even gaming!), do it all for the glory of God."

#23 danpoage

danpoage

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:48 AM

Thanks Henderson, that would be great! If you create the files, I will find a way to include them on my blog. I really appreciate the help.

Beorn

Hall of Beorn

The Grey Company

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."
—Oscar Wilde

#24 hendersondayton

hendersondayton

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:49 AM

danpoage said:

Thanks Henderson, that would be great! If you create the files, I will find a way to include them on my blog. I really appreciate the help.

Beorn

So that we are on the same page, I have directories set up for all of the decks you have released to date. I had two questions:

1. Secrets of Erebor - You have two decks here…I was going to just create the second version as I interpreted it as an improvement over the first. Do you agree?

2. How do you want to tackle the "evolving" core-set deck? I recall talking to you on your blog about how you intended to modify the deck and from I gathered you were planning to modify the Leadership/Lore deck as new APs were added. You were also planning to do a Tactics/Spirit Deck….With this said, I was going to create a Leadership/Lore deck and a Tactics/Spirit deck that I would just modify as we went along.

Please let me know how you want it to work.

In the end, I will probably just create all the files, pass them along to you, and let you handle how to store them on your blog.

1 Corinthians 10:31 - "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do (even gaming!), do it all for the glory of God."

#25 danpoage

danpoage

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 07:25 AM

Yes, Secrets of Erebor 2 is just the improved version of the the first deck, so there is no need to create files for both. The Leadership/Lore and (as of yet unbuilt) Spirit/Tactics decks will evolve over time, so again, we only need one copy of those. People will always be able to go back to the articles on the blog to see the various iterations of each of these.

Thanks again for your help on this, I will make sure to give you a shout out on the blog when I post these files. Which name or handle do you want me to use when I credit you for this?

Beorn

Hall of Beorn

The Grey Company

—Oscar Wilde

#26 hendersondayton

hendersondayton

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 08:21 AM

danpoage said:

Thanks again for your help on this, I will make sure to give you a shout out on the blog when I post these files. Which name or handle do you want me to use when I credit you for this?

I will work on the decks this weekend. No need to give credit but if you do, Matt Henderson is fine.

#27 danpoage

danpoage

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:31 AM

Here it is, hot off the presses, the next installment in Beorn's Path. Now we are playtesting the Core Set Leadership/Lore deck that we made in the first article by taking it on a Passage Through Mirkwood. Let me know what you guys think.

http://hallofbeorn.w...-2-playtesting/

Cheers, and have a good weekend everyone!

Beorn

Hall of Beorn

The Grey Company

—Oscar Wilde

#28 danpoage

danpoage

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:33 AM

So, thanks to Matt Henderson, the decks section now includes ZDD and TXT versions of some of the deck lists. More to follow:

http://hallofbeorn.w...ress.com/decks/

Hall of Beorn

The Grey Company

—Oscar Wilde

#29 hendersondayton

hendersondayton

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

I am posting them on CardGameDB as well. A little slow due to the update process used by the admin.

When OCTGN uploads HoN I will get them all created in that virtual table top format. 

The Deck Builder (in case you are not familiar) comes from here. Great program that us always current. It can create several export files (BBcode, HTML, Text, and LackeyCCG which is useless right now).

#30 cordeirooo

cordeirooo

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

Your work is no short from amazing!
I was planning to start a blog myself (www.bayofbelfalas.com) but seeing your work I believe I'll stick to making new scenarios instead. haha

Great job!

Zwerg - a brilliant BGG user - recently created a LEGO model of Henneth Annun (hidden Outpost) and uploaded it to LEGO CUUSOO. Simply click on the link below the picture, register with CUUSOO (it's free of charge, and LEGO does not send spam). Then click on the green SUPPORT button.

http://lego.cuusoo.c...deas/view/45646

Zwerg is the guy who made those nice reports with LEGO pieces.

#31 danpoage

danpoage

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:09 PM

Thanks cordeirooo, I'm glad that you like the blog!

If you change your mind and decide to work on your blog, I am happy to give a shout out and send people your way. The more Lord of the Rings resources, the better it is for the community.

Cheers,

Beorn

Hall of Beorn

The Grey Company

—Oscar Wilde

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS