Minneapolis, MN

• Please log in to reply
574 replies to this topic

#21 jeeps

jeeps

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 04:13 AM

I (we) would love that, Adam.  Do you know off hand when that will be?

Also, I am going to heading back home today… not feeling so well, actually…  the next few weekends will be incredibly busy too… 

Peter Jacobson

Minnesota, USA

#22 evilempire22

evilempire22

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:38 PM

Also live in the Twin CIties and am looking for someone to show me the ropes. I bought myself a Core Set and have read through the rules and did a few practice games against myself.

--Evil

#23 Magni

Magni

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

Join the Frozen North Gaming Club - Alot of guys hang out @ tower games on Tuesdays/Fridays/Sundays but i would call ahead just to be sure some one is there who is playing SW LCG.

otherwise FB me (graham judd) and we can set up a time.

Graham

Also, im pretty sure that Tower Games is trying to host a SW Regionals turny, and ill be hosting one as soon as they post the rules for turny play.

toodles

+++ Engagement: Resolve Strikes +++

magni strikes with greedo for 2 unit damage to Han Solo and 1 Blast Damage.

#24 divinityofnumber

divinityofnumber

• Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:00 AM

Anyone able to play at Outpost 2000 in Coon Rapids this Friday, February 8th? There will be 5-6 of us there from about 5:30pm or so until close, which I think is 9pm. 

Star Wars LCG: FFG Event Center Store Championship 2014 - Top 4; FFG Event Center Season One 2014 - Minneapolis Regional Game Night - Top 4; May the 4th Be With You 2013 - Second Chance Tournament Champion

A Game of Thrones LCG: Days of Ice and Fire 2013 - Joust Top 16

abUse the Force author on CardGameDB.com

#25 jeeps

jeeps

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:42 PM

I would love to, but can't this Friday….

Peter Jacobson

Minnesota, USA

#26 divinityofnumber

divinityofnumber

• Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:59 PM

jeeps said:

I would love to, but can't this Friday….

No worries. We are going to try to make it a regular thing. I am not sure how big of an FNM crowd Outpost draws, so we will have to assess how much space is available. But, the place is relatively large, so I don't anticipate any problems finding tables and chairs, even on a Friday. But, I have been out of the MTG scene for some time, and am unaware of how active the local players are. 

Star Wars LCG: FFG Event Center Store Championship 2014 - Top 4; FFG Event Center Season One 2014 - Minneapolis Regional Game Night - Top 4; May the 4th Be With You 2013 - Second Chance Tournament Champion

#27 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 628 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:04 PM

jeeps said:

Also, I am going to heading back home today… not feeling so well, actually…  the next few weekends will be incredibly busy too… 

Jeeps, I am going to try to take some time around any superweekend that may happen. If they can't get their stuff together before FFG gets their regional together, then I will come for that instead. I like visiting the area, so making a trip there this year is a priority for me.

Welcome to the machine!

#28 jeeps

jeeps

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

MasterJediAdam said:

jeeps said:

Jeeps, I am going to try to take some time around any superweekend that may happen. If they can't get their stuff together before FFG gets their regional together, then I will come for that instead. I like visiting the area, so making a trip there this year is a priority for me.

i might be teaching in Japan this summer for six weeks, so I might be unable to commit until I hear from the school that is hiring…  Most likely this weekend or next…

Peter Jacobson

Minnesota, USA

#29 Magni

Magni

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

Tower Games is going to start hosting Fantasy Flight Night on mondays, people @ tower play ANR, Xwing and SWLCG primarly.  Ill be working and playing stop on by.  (ps btw We are looking into the organzied play packs, but cant get em yet.)

http://www.facebook....69222879842566/

http://www.towergamesmn.com

#30 divinityofnumber

divinityofnumber

• Members
  • 530 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:57 AM

6 of us played at Outpost in Coon Rapids last Friday (02/08) and had a lot of fun. The place was bustling because of the FNM crowd, but there was plenty of space to play. 

I know that we are dispersed around the metro area, and am wondering if anyone would be interested in playing on Friday nights at the FFG Event Center? 

I am realizing that Coon Rapids can be a bit of a drive if you are located farther south. 

#31 Magni

Magni

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:43 AM

Coon is a bit of a drive (especialy in the winter) but i would still make it up if you guys hosted a turny.

#32 Goldenfoon

Goldenfoon

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:18 AM

Good to see that there are some people playing all around the Twin Cities. My schedule is a bit unprediciable at the moment but I would enjoy meeting up to play some time. I am still learning this game and all of its nueances so at first it would be a bit of a learning curve for me.

#33 ericbtool

ericbtool

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:46 AM

Y'all can pu me down as someone willing to play. I live in crystal. When you rx a pm here are you notified via email ?

#34 Runner07

Runner07

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 03:42 PM

Hello, me and my bro live in uptown and we love this game.  We are always up for gaming.  We know Colleo and Jeeps as well.  Any heads on playing would be great.

Ian 

#35 jeeps

jeeps

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 05:45 PM

I can vouch for the credibility of Runner07 and his bro… former students who I brainwashed into playing the Decipher game years ago…  Ian, I'll shoot you a text the next time I'm up…

Peter Jacobson

Minnesota, USA

#36 cooleo1c

cooleo1c

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:04 AM

Awesome! Can't wait to play again

#37 Magni

Magni

• Members
  • 345 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

Hey guys, thanks for stoping by last monday, stuff will continue as per usual this Monday, i might try and get there Early myself to try and get more games in.  (real life has cut down on my OCTGN) while im not behind the counter (that monday was packed with board gamers which is odd).  Presidents day and all, but i look forward to seeing any of you guys who can make it on Mondays @ tower (its just 15 mins from uptown)!

It was a pleasure meeting you guys!

Graham

#38 jeeps

jeeps

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:12 AM

Likewise, Graham!  I'm eager to come back up to Tower Games.  The next two weeks for me are pretty packed with events in the evenings, so I am going to be out of commission for that time period.  I hope Ryan and Ian will be able to make it there Mondays and keep things moving forward.  I think the more presence we have playing this game, the more people will want to play it.  Showing up once every four weeks will not do that…  I'll be sure to let you know when I am making my way back up (I'd also be willing to come to Universe Games too… another store I haven't tried yet!).

Peter Jacobson

Minnesota, USA

#39 ericbtool

ericbtool

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:34 AM

If mondays are going to be a regular thing I will try to make it. Perhaps bring my son as well. A regular meet-up day helps a lot for someone like me as my schedule is constantly in flux. Being able to be spontaneous is great.

#40 Runner07

Runner07

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:01 PM

Tower games is only 15 mins from uptown!  where is this place??  that is awesome for me and coiln.  What is going on Monday nights that make it a happening night???  Also, Universe Games is only like 7 blocks from my current place.  It is a small store, but the times I have been there, they seem like a very involved staff with games.  They are true gamers from the looks of them.  Mondays do look open for me and Colin though.

Ian

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS