Minneapolis, MN

• Please log in to reply
695 replies to this topic

#281 Magni

Magni

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:33 PM

Sweet!  I'm excited I even have a little gaming table in case it gets busy so i can play behind the counter area.  I got 4 decks ill be testing

1 Scum

2 Rebel

1 Sith

+++ Engagement: Resolve Strikes +++

magni strikes with greedo for 2 unit damage to Han Solo and 1 Blast Damage.

#282 JKoellner

JKoellner

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:36 AM

A few of us will be getting together on Saturday, at 1:30pm at the Fantasy Flight Event Center to play some Star Wars and test out some new (and for some of us, crazy) deck ideas. 

The more the merrier! 

Star Wars LCG - Level Up Games Minneapolis Season One 2014 - Regional Game Night Champion

#283 pharsh27

pharsh27

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 04:21 PM

Is anybody going to be playing anywhere tomorrow?

#284 MacRauri

MacRauri

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:35 PM

Yeah there's something at the FFG event center. JKoellner, Gandorf and I should be there

#285 Magni

Magni

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:27 AM

Greetings!  - Ill be @ Tower Games from 6 - about 11:30 (monday/today) I got some new decks I would love to test.  Also we are going to move the Tower Games SWLCG league to Mondays - Benesh missed out on season two game kit.  So im trying to think of some alternative prize support or we could just go for the season 3.

Edited by Magni, 30 September 2013 - 05:27 AM.

#286 JKoellner

JKoellner

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:20 AM

Like MacRauri said, there is some sort of announcement being made tonight at the FFG Event Center. Not sure what it'll be about, but a few of us will be there to play some cards and be present for the announcement.

Star Wars LCG - Level Up Games Minneapolis Season One 2014 - Regional Game Night Champion

#287 jonmierow

jonmierow

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:41 AM

I'm interested in hearing what happens or is said tonight at the Event Center. I just wish it was closer to me since I live south of the river. I'll probably end up at TG around 4:30-5 tonight so at least Magni has some poor soul to test his decks on.

#288 jonmierow

jonmierow

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:46 PM

Things blowing up at work right now means that I've got to miss out tonight. Have fun all!

#289 divinityofnumber

divinityofnumber

• Members
  • 582 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:16 AM

What of this announcement?

Star Wars LCG: FFG EC Regional 2014 - Top 4; Star Wars LCG: FFG Event Center Store Championship 2014 - Top 4; FFG Event Center Season One 2014 - Minneapolis Regional Game Night - Top 4; May the 4th Be With You 2013 - Second Chance Tournament Champion; A Game of Thrones LCG: Days of Ice and Fire 2013 - Joust Top 16

abUse the Force author on CardGameDB.com

#290 Gandorf

Gandorf

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:22 AM

They are opening a location up the road it sounds like. Serving some food and drinks. I didn't end up going las night, someone else probably has some better info.

#291 divinityofnumber

divinityofnumber

• Members
  • 582 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:55 AM

That would explain the job postings for cooks. 

Is this an open-to-the-public location, a new gaming venue that serves food and drinks, or is this some new office space for FFG HQ?

Star Wars LCG: FFG EC Regional 2014 - Top 4; Star Wars LCG: FFG Event Center Store Championship 2014 - Top 4; FFG Event Center Season One 2014 - Minneapolis Regional Game Night - Top 4; May the 4th Be With You 2013 - Second Chance Tournament Champion; A Game of Thrones LCG: Days of Ice and Fire 2013 - Joust Top 16

#292 MacRauri

MacRauri

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

They're moving the Event Center a block south and renaming it the Game Center.  There's going to be a lot more floor space, and also an onsite eatery, fountain drinks and beer.  Grand Opening will be week before worlds.

#293 divinityofnumber

divinityofnumber

• Members
  • 582 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:23 AM

That is an excellent idea. It gives people a reason to go and play there instead of playing at home or somewhere else. This way, if you want to play Mansions of Madness, but only have two people, you can go and have drinks and maybe find others to play. Or, if you start a night playing SW LCG, but get bored, you will be able to find people playing other things, willing to teach you new games, etc. 

Great move on the part of FFG. Getting the wine and beer license was a great move. Let's hope they up it to a full bar one day!     :)

Edited by divinityofnumber, 02 October 2013 - 09:23 AM.

#294 MacRauri

MacRauri

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:35 PM

Universe Games is doing another tournament this Saturday.  Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend, but somebody needs to show up and beat Gandorf for me /angryfist

#295 Magni

Magni

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 09:42 PM

I really wish Universe would get into the 21st century and start posting these events here or on facebook, i saw nothing on Frozen north and nothing here. 

i swear the dont promote anything, sadly i just agreed to pick up a 12 hour shift this monday @ tower games, so count me out.

Graham

#296 MacRauri

MacRauri

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:55 AM

Well, when our seminars all done I'll probably want to relax some. I think I'll swing by on that Monday. You still got that servants of the dark side deck?

#297 pharsh27

pharsh27

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:13 PM

I will be at tower this monday as well...really enjoy playing with you guys and trying out new decks...looking to pick up some new cards as well!

#298 Magni

Magni

• Members
  • 350 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:23 PM

Greetings Everyone!  - Just wanted to say me, and benesh, and patrick have been @ tower every monday and were starting to build up a pretty stable community.  We also play Netrunner but im really excited that for the last 2-3 weeks we have had 3-4+ every monday playing sw.  To me this means when ballance of the force drops we will have a reliable dojo.

So the point of all this is that ... 1 we were not the number 1 thread on the forums so i wanted to fix it.  2 i wanted to invite anyone else looking for a stable group to show up on monday at tower games!!!!

graham

#299 MacRauri

MacRauri

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:41 PM

Yeah, Mondays have been fun, but I think I'm still going to be sporadic on whether or not I make it.

For people looking for weekend games JKoellner and I will be at the FFG EC tomorrow (Sat) afternoon.  If we get enough we can try some 2v2 too!

#300 jonmierow

jonmierow

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 05:45 AM

Last Monday's 2v2 was a blast, but I'm sorry to say I can't make it tonight. The in-laws are in town.

I should be able to be there next week. I'm interested in hearing if there have been any more team deck ideas that seem to really work well together.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS