Portland, OR players?

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#21 Hans Chung-Otterson

Hans Chung-Otterson

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:46 AM

For the record, it looks like there's an official "FFG LCG" night at Guardian Games that includes Star Wars -- every Wednesday at 5pm. I'll be there this week with some first tries at Core Set decks.

#22 Hans Chung-Otterson

Hans Chung-Otterson

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:43 PM

I showed up and it was just me and two GoT players. :(

I can't turn around in this city without tripping over a Netrunner player (of which I also am one), but I sorta feel like the only person who plays Star Wars.

#23 yagyu

yagyu

• Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:10 AM

if your willing to make the trip vie bus or if nu got transportation we would love to have u on a monday. If not hopefully u can try and make the x-wing tournament schedules for Oct 26th at borderlands games in salem. It starts at noon $10 entry fee, $50 store credit to the winner. We need 6 ppl to run the tournament and i have only 2-3 confirmations so far so im practically begging people to show lol. If the tournament does not happen we can still just play x-wing or the lcg.

Edited by yagyu, 17 October 2013 - 03:10 AM.

#24 JaceMoonstrider

JaceMoonstrider

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:47 AM

@ Hans Chung-Otterson: if Gaurdian Games has a Star Wars LCG tournament, please post it. It is too far for friends and I to drive for a game night, but some of us would make the effort for a tournament.

Edited by JaceMoonstrider, 17 October 2013 - 10:47 AM.

#25 Hans Chung-Otterson

Hans Chung-Otterson

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:49 PM

@yagyu: Again, thanks, but I don't play X-Wing.

@Jace: Will do. It looks like Rainy Day Games has LCG nights every other week, and I called them and they said they have a regular crew of SW players. I'll be checking it out next week.

#26 Scoob

Scoob

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:48 PM

@yagyu: Again, thanks, but I don't play X-Wing.

@Jace: Will do. It looks like Rainy Day Games has LCG nights every other week, and I called them and they said they have a regular crew of SW players. I'll be checking it out next week.

Hans, just moved to Beaverton, and rather than duplicate your efforts...Is their next game night at Rainy Day on the 24th of October?

#27 Hans Chung-Otterson

Hans Chung-Otterson

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:16 PM

Scoob: yep!

See their calendar here: http://calendar.rain...s.com/month.php

Edited by Hans Chung-Otterson, 17 October 2013 - 04:18 PM.

#28 weaponxmerc

weaponxmerc

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:11 AM

Hey guys, just moved to Portland, and I'm definitely interested in getting together with people and playing games! Right now I've mostly been playing X-Wing, but I'm hoping to get into Star Wars LCG soon here. I'll definitely stop by Rainy Day Games for some of their upcoming X-Wing and LCG nights. Hope to meet you guys there!

#29 weaponxmerc

weaponxmerc

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:20 AM

Also, do any of you guys go to Time Vault Games on Broadway? It's incredibly close to my house, and it has a play area in the back. 

#30 Hans Chung-Otterson

Hans Chung-Otterson

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:44 PM

I haven't been to Time Vault, but it's easier for me to get there than to Rainy Day. We should play sometime!

Also, I met another Star Wars player at the Wednesday Night LCG group at Guardian Games this week, so look for Star Wars there. I show up most Wednesdays and I always bring Star Wars.

#31 yagyu

yagyu

• Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:10 AM

again your always welcome to come to borderlands games in salem, our group has gotten larger and more regular and were having about 2-4 people attend star wars night, we usually do x-wing, the lcg and were gearing up for the eote campaigns. Its every monday at 5pm, though next week ill be there at 2 pm.

#32 R.Free_DLOTS

R.Free_DLOTS

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 November 2013 - 01:43 AM

Rainy day had 8 show up 2 weeks ago. I am sure they had close to that again tonight, but I was not able to make it. Every other Thursday starts at 5:30pm.

I will try to get back to gaurdain on a Wednesday. Used to have 6 to 8 showing for the real star wars ccg... but this easy one is also fun :). I have not spent time to see what's wrong with FFA PM feel free to email me at freeman454@hotmail.com. Reference star wars lcg in the subject. I have a distro building with 10 star wars lcg players in the valley. Email me and I will get you in there.

Someone needs to set up a tournament at Gaurdian, Rainy or even Salem. I am fine driving down and carpooling other people down. Saturday is best for me for tourney. Wednesday best for table games.

#33 Omnibobb

Omnibobb

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:24 AM

again your always welcome to come to borderlands games in salem, our group has gotten larger and more regular and were having about 2-4 people attend star wars night, we usually do x-wing, the lcg and were gearing up for the eote campaigns. Its every monday at 5pm, though next week ill be there at 2 pm.

Hey - I'm moving to Salem sometime in April. Looking forward to joining Star Wars night there!  Do you know if Borderlands Games has a robust warmachine or netrunner scene as well?

#34 lovesaints

lovesaints

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:36 AM

For the record, it looks like there's an official "FFG LCG" night at Guardian Games that includes Star Wars -- every Wednesday at 5pm. I'll be there this week with some first tries at Core Set decks.

Just saw this post. Planning on buying the game next week and I'll make it out. You guys still playing Star wars at Guardian?

#35 R.Free_DLOTS

R.Free_DLOTS

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:13 PM

I can make it. Just to verify we are looking at December 18th at 5:00pm right?

Lets sound off if we can make it.

R.Free Dlots ( thats one)

lovesaints ( ? )

other

other

#36 R.Free_DLOTS

R.Free_DLOTS

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:32 AM

Checking this daily but looks like no takers yet... I am looking for at least 1 hard commit for Wednesday 12-18-13 at 5pm at GG before I make the trip.

Let me know.

#37 R.Free_DLOTS

R.Free_DLOTS

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 05:37 PM

email me at freeman454@hotmail.com if you want to get on the distro.

My group of old swccg players is the reason Gaurdain lists a star wars lcg link on their site.

Since nobody posted to the above thread this week, I will look to catch up with some of you in 2014, today looks like a no-go.

Also remember to check out rainy day games event calendar here: http://www.rainy-day-games.com/

They have a good base going of 6-12 players every other Thursday

#38 yagyu

yagyu

• Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 04:29 AM

again u can always visit borderlands in salem. We have around 9 players of x-wing eote and the lcg and even the old decipher and do it all day long and all night long on mondays

Edited by yagyu, 09 January 2014 - 05:49 AM.

#39 weaponxmerc

weaponxmerc

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 09 January 2014 - 01:32 PM

So I finally got the game, but I'm still learning to play, and I still need a second Core Set and a second Edge of Darkness to actually be able to play competitively, but I'm getting closer. I have limited time to play during the week, and since I also play X-Wing my plan is to head over to Guardian on Mondays to try to get a couple game of X-Wing in, and maybe some Star Wars LCG while I'm there if other players are around. 

#40 Atules

Atules

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:11 PM

Hey Fellas, from Boston and planning to move to Portland in 6 months or so but would love to know about the group. I play pretty regularly here in Massachusetts and would love to continue it in Portland. I'll be in Portland later this month for vacation and might be able to stop by for a game or two! So where does everyone normally play?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS