Becoming a Psyker

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 Gridash

Gridash

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:18 AM

It all seems clear to me, so use whatever you like in your games.

#42 Gridash

Gridash

• Members
  • 321 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:55 AM

The only issue here is terminology. "Sorcerer" is mainly used to refer to CSM Sorcerers, but it's also used to refer to chaos psykers of different persuasions (both CSM Sorcerers and human psykers called "Sorcerer-Kings" for example). Also note how the psyker referenced in all psychic power descriptions is "Sorcerer". It's just a blanket term at this point for all chaos psykers. Any conflicts is due to inconsistencies between different writers. You really shouldn't read too much into it.

Besides: "The servants of Chaos have transcended such petty notions as the division between psychic power and sorcerous might":

A Sorcerer is somebody who uses Sorcery. Sorcery are Psychic Powers, granted by the Chaos Gods. Hence like I said before that in all the descriptions of the Chaos based Psychic Power "Sorcerer is used" and "Psyker" only with the non-Chaos god based powers. I double checked, they aren't used interchangeably, there is a clear distinction in the book.

As for that quote, it just means that from the viewpoint of a servant of chaos, the line between sorcery and non-sorcery psychic powers is irrelevant. An imperial sanctioned Psyker will think otherwise though. To smooth things out, they went with the assumption that all Sorcerers are also Psykers, thus using the Psychic system. Ofcourse, if you read the fluff or played DH1, you know that a Sorcerer doesn't necessary have to be a Psyker. Is it a balance thing? Possibly, but you can easily houserule it to some talent so that a non-Psyker can use Sorcery.

Yes, a Sorcerer can also be a CSM class and the term also applies to human Psykers using Sorcery, making them sorcerers in a sense as well. It was derived from tabletop, if it wasn't the case then FFG most likely wouldn't have used that name for CSM Psykers to avoid confusion.

Edited by Gridash, 26 January 2015 - 02:04 AM.

#43 htsmithium

htsmithium

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 12:00 PM

I seem to remember that there is a drug that can give a psyrating for a short time. I guess you could hook up an injector system to constantly pump it into your character.

ding dong mala mortuus est,

quem veteres strigam

impii strigam

ding dong impiorum strigam mortuus est.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS