Sleeves? and tournament rules

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Wheelz

Wheelz

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:20 AM

I've just gone for 3 different sleave selections.  I've got the Star Destryoyer sleaves for the dark side, and Han Sleaves for LS and then clear for objectives, faction and force cards.

#22 AlKusanagi

AlKusanagi

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:04 PM

FFG just put out some nice new Star Wars sleeves and they come 50 to a pack, so I've got those to sleeve the command cards, then I just use penny sleeves for the objectives and the force cards since they have different artwork and colored backs than their opposite side counterparts so getting them mixed up is unlikely. Also, the Slave Leia by comic book artist Adam Hughes sleeves make great distractions.

#23 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,226 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:43 AM

I was initially turned off by the Slave Leia artwork because IMO it sucked for the first official "Rebel Alliance" sleeves to showcase that particular moment of vulnerability for Leia (rather than showing her off in a stronger moment, like when she takes down some stormtroopers with the blaster rifle). But I think I might change my mind once Edge of Darkness makes its release, since they'd be perfect for a Jabba deck that uses the capture mechanic.

#24 Green Leader

Green Leader

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:23 PM

Can anyone tell me how many cards are in a standard deck for this game? Also, is there any use or advantage for having different colored/style sleeves for the same deck (i.e., objectives vs. non-objectives)?

Thanks in advance, I don't know a whole heck of a lot about this game yet.

Edit: I'm just wondering if buying 4 packs of their Star Wars art sleevs will be adequate for the 4 premade decks in the core set. Thanks!

#25 D.Knight Sevus

D.Knight Sevus

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:43 PM

Green Leader said:

Can anyone tell me how many cards are in a standard deck for this game? Also, is there any use or advantage for having different colored/style sleeves for the same deck (i.e., objectives vs. non-objectives)?

Thanks in advance, I don't know a whole heck of a lot about this game yet.

Edit: I'm just wondering if buying 4 packs of their Star Wars art sleevs will be adequate for the 4 premade decks in the core set. Thanks!

A complete deck contains 61 cards. 1 Affiliation card, a 10-card Objective Deck, and a 50 card Command Deck.

A starter deck contains 49 cards. 1 Affiliation card, an 8-card Objective Deck, and a 40 card Command Deck.

So yes, with 4 packs of art sleeves, you would be able to sleeve the 4 starter decks, but you would have several unsleeved objective sets. The box itself tells you you need 5 standard-size packs of sleeves to sleeve the entire game.

I would recommend using a different sleeve for the Objective cards, as it helps keep them from being accidentally shuffled into the Command Deck and vice versa. If you have your cards organized in a box, it also helps show where the objective sets break down at-a-glance. My recommendation would be to get 2 packs of art sleeves with a Light Side theme, 2 packs with a Dark Side theme, and 1 pack of plain clear sleeves.

#26 Green Leader

Green Leader

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 07:58 PM

Wonderful! This is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you!

#27 Dread318

Dread318

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:36 PM

I do something similar to that posted above. I use one color for my Objective Deck and one color for my Command Deck. The difference in what was posted above is that I use a third color for both my Force cards and Alliance card.

#28 iStasis

iStasis

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:43 PM

I bought the 4 packs of Starwars themed FFG sleeves pack of 50

each of the 4 decks non objective cards are sleeved in these with LS objectives sleeved in plain matt white deck protectors and the DS sleeved in matt black 

and of the LS force cards in purple and DS force cards in red. Which matched the base colour of the artwork on these cards

#29 RockSoldier

RockSoldier

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:43 PM

Acemclaren said:

OK so I guess my next question is with all of those choices how many of each color sleeve did you have to buy? Thanks! - I also bought the same as you two core sets.

Or just do what I did… order 600 clear sleeves and be set for a long time.

#30 Eruletho

Eruletho

• Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

a 50 sleeve pack of force sleeves from FFG (or any 50 sleeve pack) will sleeve all of the objective, force dedication, and affiliation cards for a single faction for two core sets. After that, 3 100-card packs of dragon sleeves (or 6 50 card packs of whatever) covers all the command cards for both factions. Each faction would take about 150 sleeves, so if you wanted each faction to be different, there you go.

I went with force lightning for dark side objective/force/affiliation, the lightsaber for light side, and black dragonsleeves for all the command cards. looks pretty good all stacked up, and storing them in the box the two different types of sleeves makes each pod stand out.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS