Photo

Shining Aquas' Creation Workshop - This update is literally the size of the Abyss

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#21 Shining Aquas

Shining Aquas

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:00 AM

Okay, for real this time, March is almost over.  Here is probably the last (but possibly second to last) update for March.

3/27/2013 - The Storm Cometh

NEW INVESTIGATOR: Shane Talos, the Aether Eraser
-Shane can be found under the Enigma Aether section of investigators.

Leventhan (AO)
*Major changes were made to make this Ancient One more playable overall.  These changes don't change the core elements of the Ancient One, but are all great quality of life improvements.
-Leventhan's wording has been modified to better counter monster manipulating effects like Migo Brain Case and Lure Monster.
-Baby Leventhan's wording has been modified for clarity.
-Baby Leventhan's combat check is now -2 from -3.
-Baby Leventhan is now elusive.  His awareness check is now +0 from -2.
-Baby Leventhan no longer has Overwhelming 2.  Instead, when you succeed a combat check against him, you are knocked unconscious.

Darkova (AO)
-No longer has Magical Resistance.

Issac
-No changes to Isaac, but there are changes to the Eve, Magdalene, and Samson character sheets
*Eve
-Changing to Eve now recovers 2 sanity instead of 1.
*Magdelene
-Changing to Magdelene now recovers 2 stamina instead of 1.
*Samson
-Monsters defeated by Samson are no longer returned to the monster cup.

Sieg Wahrheit
*Everytime I see people play this investigator, Hatred is almost always picked as one of the two starting Legions.  The reason is because the ability to turn stamina into a blessed combat roll is a little stronger than I thought.  That being said, I don't want to remove the ability because it's a good fit for the Hatred Legion, so instead I'll work with number tweaks and see how people respond.
-Hatred Legion's second ability now costs 2 stamina instead of 1.

Twisted Fate's Personal Story has been completed.  It has been included in his download link.

My Custom Creation Thread - Tons of content of all kinds, just download and print yourself.

My Custom Gallery - Previews of everything I've made in one convenient space.

#22 Shining Aquas

Shining Aquas

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 07:13 PM

Hey guys, happy April Fool's Day.  There's a lot of content coming out this month, so let's start with a joke investigator.

4/1/2013 - April Fun Times

NEW INVESTIGATOR: Teddie, Arcana of the Star

-Teddie can be found under the Persona 4 investigators, complete with an arguably necessary Personal Story.  Enjoy.

No other updates for today, but more stuff is coming in the coming month.

My Custom Creation Thread - Tons of content of all kinds, just download and print yourself.

#23 Shining Aquas

Shining Aquas

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:22 AM

April is Doubles Month!  Every release this month will be double the content, and we start today with a simultaneous Guardian and Herald release, along with a bunch of small changes.

4/7/2013 - Arcana Debut, Released in Two

NEW GUARDIAN AND HERALD: Partinias, Arcana of Love / Gier, Arcana of Darkness
-Partinias and Gier can be found in the Arcana Heart section of their respective sections.

Ahri
-Essence Theft now states that it must be activated before moving, and still costs all of your movement points.  This has always been intended and also implied, but changed to avoid any possible confusion. It's also been noted that the amount "gained" cannot exceed your maximum, as it is essentially recovery.
-Essence Theft now recovers an amount to Stamina or Sanity equal to twice the monster's toughness, from the original "toughness plus 1".
-Subtext at the end of Spirit Rush has been removed as it was not necessary. "If you move into a gate, the monsters end at that gate's location" isn't necessary since gates aren't entered until Arkham Encounters.

Carl Clover
-Personal Story now requires you to fulfill the condition 4 times to pass instead of 5.
-Personal Story has been cleaned up for clarity in a few small areas.

Dizzy
*Mysterious Power is definitely the more fascinating of Dizzy's two abilities, but even with that in mind it doesn't have as much power as I feel it should, and the name of the ability is far too ambiguous for my taste.  Mysterious Power has been given a new name and a new ability, but the overall feel of the original ability remains intact.

-Second Ability renamed "Magic Manipulation" from "Mysterious Power"
-Magic Manipulation: "Once per turn upon casting a spell, you may create a copy of it. The copy has all the same costs and restrictions as the original. The copy is discarded at the end of the turn."

Darkova (AO)
-Sinister Plots altered and tweaked.

Mercedes
-Wording tweaked for clarity, but her abilities are the same.
-Personal Story pass condition now also requires a seal on the board.

Onyx (AO)
-Start of Battle is now "All items with a value of $4 or less are burned to a crisp, including possessions that can't normally be lost.  Investigators can pay 1 stamina for each of those items they wish to keep."  This is very different from the original "Each investigator gains an injury."
-Fire tokens no longer close areas.
-Fire tokens now push investigators into the nearest street area of their choice instead of the nearest location of their choice.

Iliad Palette
-Easily Inspired now replaces your Arkham Encounter with the Painter skill if you choose to use it, instead of just painting the picture immediately on ending movement in a location with a clue token.  This looks a little like a nerf, but in actuality it's a buff.
-Rewrote Iliad's Personal Story.  The actual conditions and effects of the story haven't especially changed, but the plot and character are different.
-Iliad may now choose to either start with a Rail Pass or a random common item, instead of having the choice be automatically dictated by whether you play with expansions or not.

Platinum the Trinity
-Bombs placed on the board from the Magical Bombs item now deal 2 stamina damage to investigators instead of 1.
-Magical Staff now reduces the sanity cost of the spell based on the number of counters you threw at it, instead of just 1 counter to remove the cost entirely.

#24 Shining Aquas

Shining Aquas

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 12:49 PM

Let's continue April Doubles Month going strong!

4/15/2013 - Another Double Arcana release, plus a Double Rework

NEW GUARDIAN AND HERALD: Bhanri, Arcana of Thunder / Dieu Mort, Arcana of Evil
-They can be found int he Arcana Heart section of their respective sheet types.

Lillet Blan
*Lillet is a very unique investigator with some awesome functionality and insane resource generation balanced out by her overall difficulty and intense movement limitations.  This massive set of changes will help improve the player's ability to understand how her main ability works while also making sure that each time set is 5 full turns, when before the first set was only 4.  Her resource generation is being tweaked with overall less monetary value but more useful awards.  With the inclusion of a personal story, Lillet's high risk/high reward style should feel even more rewarding than before.

-Complete Overhaul of Possessions.  Lillet now runs on a custom arrangement of possesssions divided between "Starting Possessions" and "Time Skip Possessions".
    >Starting Possessions are only granted during game setup.  Included is the first random Tome from the Unique Item deck, 1 Unique Item, 1 Spell and 1 Skill.
    >Time Skip Possessions are granted during game setup AND each time Lillet travels back in time via "The Endless Five" ability.  Included is a fixed common (Ancient Tome), 2 common items, and 2 clue tokens.
-The Endless Five now triggers at the end of Mythos instead of Upkeep, and doesn't trigger on the first Mythos of the game.
-The Endless Five no longer restarts Lillet's character sheet, but instead sends her back to the Library.  Upon arriving, she discards everything except for clue tokens, gate trophies, blessings, madnesses, skills, the "Changed" card, spells and tomes.  Allies discarded this way are returned to the ally deck.
-Gifted Student now grants +1 to Lore checks made for reading Tomes instead of +1 to Spell Checks.
-Personal Story added!
    >Pass condition - Have any 3 of the following: a gate trophy, 5 clue tokens, the "Changed" card, any membership card, a blessing, or a three-toughness monster trophy. Reward - Draw 2 skills and choose 1 to keep, plus you can exhaust the story card to prevent yourself from gaining a time counter.
    >Fail condition - Getting knocked unconscious or driven insane.  Punishment - Next time you receive Time Skip Possessions, you receive 1 fewer common item, 1 less clue token and your Personal Story resets.

Amane Nishiki
*I like the idea behind Amane's design somewhat, but the execution is pretty awful to the point where it's almost crippling.  As it stands, the only defining attributes of Amane are having a Will track of 6 and starting with Fine Clothing, along with having an ability that will usually float between level 0-2 for most of a normal game and never any higher, which is a shame since the ability's bonuses don't start getting very good until levels 5-12.  obviously, this means Amane was in need of a serious redesign, and he got one.

-Spiral completely reworked.  Now gives you a drill counter for each success you roll on a combat check, up to 4 at a time.  You can spend 4 drill counters at any time to give yourself 1 success on a combat check. During Mythos, roll a die and discard a drill counter on a failure.
-New ability: Travelling Troupe
    >Amane may exhaust an ally card to reroll a skill check, but he cannot refresh an ally during upkeep unless he pays 1 focus to do so (unless it already has refresh requirements).
-No longer starts with Fine Clothing.  Now starts with Makeup Kit and Bullwhip.  Fixed and Random Possessions completely redone outside this change.
-Will lowered to 5 from 6 (Makeup kit would've made this 7, which is ridiculous).  Lore raised to 5 from 4.

Kanji Tatsumi
-"Real Man 110%" now only triggers when you spend clue tokens on extra rolls for a skill check.  You still must keep rolling until you run out of clues, but they still give 1 extra die per clue.
-Heart of Gold's effect is now "+1 to Will and Sneak checks, and absorbs up to 1 stamina damage".  Original was "Absorbs up to 2 points of stamina or sanity, split however you like".  This change was to give it extra functionality to people that want to get into gates by sneaking past monsters, while giving them a little bit of safety if they get caught by a monster in the process.

I promise the next double release will NOT be another set of Guardian/Herald.

#25 Shining Aquas

Shining Aquas

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 09:42 AM

As promised, today we won't be releasing another Guardian/Herald set, so instead I brought something humorous.  What could it be?  Well, it's quite funny because both releases have an unprecedented number of similarities.  For example:

> Both are Investigators

> Both are Cyborgs, a fusion between human and machine

> Both are named Victor, with very slightly altered spellings

So, for today's update:

4/21/2013 - Meet Victor and Viktor

Viktor, the Machine Herald can be found under the League of Legends investigator tab.  Victor Mancha, the runaway hybrid can be found under the Runaways investigator tab.  No other changes for today though.

#26 Shining Aquas

Shining Aquas

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 12 May 2013 - 06:30 PM

Sorry I haven't posted anything in a while.  More bad news follows as I don't expect I will be updating very frequently for a long time.  There are a few reasons for this:

1) I haven't been making much in the way of custom content, so production of the new has been very choked.  This shouldn't be confused with a complete lack of content, I still have a lot to show (and a lot to test), but I will be slowing down the release rate for the sake of rationing the goods since production and creation have massively slowed down.

2) Nobody cares, as far as I know.  I have yet to receive a single comment on anything here, except for a completely unrelated thing with Julia and a comment from Dr. Faust in a completely different board.  Since I haven't really gotten any feedback on pretty much anything, I can safely assume that either everyone is silent or nobody cares.  In fact, I bet nobody is reading this.

3) I would like more time to playtest existing and future content.  This ultimately comes out as a plus since I will be releasing just as many balance tweaks and bug fixes in far fewer intervals, which for anyone that is using my stuff means you don't need to print papers out nearly as often to keep up.  As someone that has printed out all of his content, I know how much it sucks reprinting things for this game.

4) I'm actually pretty busy now, and live is seriously catching up to me in a bad way.  I need to focus on things that are in all honesty more important than these projects.  As much fun as this hobby is, it doesn't create any opportunities for me as an adult.

With that out of the way, here's the most recent set of changes and new content.

5/12/2013 - Do you feel lucky?

NEW GUARDIAN: Saligrama, Arcana of Luck
-Saligrama can be found under the Arcana Heart section of Guardians.

Rachel Alucard
-Passing your personal story now places 2 clue tokens in each of two different unstable locations, instead of placing 1 clue token in each unstable location that doesn't have one.

Valkenhayn R. Hellsing
-You now fail your personal story if the doom track reaches 8 instead of 9.  You still fail upon being knocked unconscious as an alternative.

The Cauldron (AO)
-One of the Sinister Plots has been changed from "Only Investigators Attack" to "Battle Event".  Nothing about it has changed otherwise.

Agatha Prenderghast (AO)
-Worshippers got some word cleanup.

Nu -13-
>Nu is functioning the way I want, but it's still not quite perfect.  Her original Archetype Shift was a little too strong, but the current one doesn't quite feel right.  I'm confident now that I want to return the function to being Any Phase instead of limiting the phases, but I've also incorporated a fix to deal with it's absurd strength for encounters.  Additionally, I've taken her Sword Summoner ability and given it a huge quality of life improvement all around.

-Sword Summoner is now "Pay 5 toughness for the first bladed weapon in the common item deck, or 10 for the unique deck instead".
-Archetype Shift has been reverted back to Any Phase, from Upkeep and Combat only.  However, using Archetype Shift on an encounter phase now requires you to use it before drawing an encounter.

Teddie
-Resident Bear no longer prevents trading of items.  It now only prevents the trading of the Gate Box.  Passing Teddie's personal story removes the trading restriction like before.

Yukiko Amagi
-Protection of the Faithful has been cleaned up and reworded in a way that makes it a little stronger than before.

Ragna the Bloodedge
-Personal Story Reward is now discarded when the Ancient One awakens.
-Personal Story Punishment also adds 1 to the terror level if triggered.

Viktor
>Viktor is a very reasonably powered character, but I don't feel like he's especially exciting until his Hex Core has finished evolving, after which he's a very cool character.  While I don't feel completely comfortable making his Evolving Technology stronger, I think this minor change will help Viktor reach his most unique functionality just a tad earlier.

-The Hex Core now only requires 5 counters to reach Evolution instead of 6.

#27 Hadanelith

Hadanelith

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:21 PM

It may surprise you, but I actually check this board regularly, and I do think your stuff is pretty sweet. That said, I rarely get to take out the official Arkham stuff - playing with custom content is something I'd like to do, but first I'd need to play Arkham regularly again.

Another note: I know I haven't posted in this thread before this point so that the thread came remain just your stuff, with no clutter. I doubt I'm the only one.

Let this be your encouragement: Your characters are quite interesting. I'm not a huge fan of custom GOOs or Heralds, but I can always be suckered by new characters with neat ability ideas. If you really want lots of feedback, though, might I suggest the unification of some of your content into a solid, organized, themed fan expansion, like Vermont Horror or the Dreamlands? My personal preference is definitely for well-packaged themed expansions, and if I ever get the money to print out some custom content, those are most certainly where that money will be spent. I should think that with the variety of content you have available already, you should have at least some ideas for a board expansion, or at least a mini expedition board like the Door to Saturn. If so, please, do share. If not, well, your characters are still interesting. Don't let a lack of feedback stop you; post until you are out of ideas. If nothing else, continued fan efforts may convince FFG that there's still some life in Arkham yet.

#28 Shining Aquas

Shining Aquas

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 07:09 PM

Hadanelith said:

It may surprise you, but I actually check this board regularly, and I do think your stuff is pretty sweet. That said, I rarely get to take out the official Arkham stuff - playing with custom content is something I'd like to do, but first I'd need to play Arkham regularly again.

Another note: I know I haven't posted in this thread before this point so that the thread came remain just your stuff, with no clutter. I doubt I'm the only one.

Let this be your encouragement: Your characters are quite interesting. I'm not a huge fan of custom GOOs or Heralds, but I can always be suckered by new characters with neat ability ideas. If you really want lots of feedback, though, might I suggest the unification of some of your content into a solid, organized, themed fan expansion, like Vermont Horror or the Dreamlands? My personal preference is definitely for well-packaged themed expansions, and if I ever get the money to print out some custom content, those are most certainly where that money will be spent. I should think that with the variety of content you have available already, you should have at least some ideas for a board expansion, or at least a mini expedition board like the Door to Saturn. If so, please, do share. If not, well, your characters are still interesting. Don't let a lack of feedback stop you; post until you are out of ideas. If nothing else, continued fan efforts may convince FFG that there's still some life in Arkham yet.

Thanks for the comments, I really do appreciate it knowing that people are looking at all my stuff.  But, if I may speak on the topic of people not wanting to clutter the thread, PLEASE DO.  Even though this thread is mine for the sake of posting content, I reserve nothing but the first three posts.  Far as I'm concerned, everything after my Download List, Visual Preview and Most Recent Update are entirely the community's to do with as they will.  I just happen to be the only one posting updates and balance changes, or any kind of comments.  If there's something you want to say, I would love to read it.

As for the second note regarding an expansion, I definitely have thought about it and do have a Board Expansion Work in Progress based on the game Odin Sphere.  I've almost finished everything but the encounters, which will take a while especially since it's somewhat of an "off-project".

What I can do however is create batch downloads for the stuff that does exist, maybe bundle groups of content together for single, large downloads.  If people would like to see that, lemme know and I can make it happen.

#29 Hadanelith

Hadanelith

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:43 AM

Bundled downloads would be good; the number of files I'd have to grab individually has triggered my lazy and prevented me from seeing all of the stuff you've posted.

Re: Odin Sphere: I would encourage you to show off what you have, even if the encounters aren't done. The more we see, the more excited we can be for the rest of it. I, for one, would love to see what you've got.

#30 Atomicq

Atomicq

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:04 PM

Hi Shining Aquas,

Personally, I really appreciate the posts in this forum, specially the AO, Heralds, Guardians and Institutions (as well as the Investigators), since they are easy to print and mix with the official game. 

Probably this board is not so accessible to all the forum visitors since the images of the new posts are not exposed, just the names (that you have to word-search in the large list of the 1st page). Then you have to download the files one bye one, extract them and finally open them in Strange Eons. Probably not all the visitors of this forum have installed SE, maybe they are new gamers of Arkham Horror (like me), silent visitors looking for new exciting material to add to their games. 

Besides, I am receiving an Error window alert when I try to open the new listed *.eon files (Saligrama, Rachel Alucard, Valkenhayn, Agatha Prenderghast, Nu -13-, Teddie, Yukiko Amagi, Ragna the Bloodedge and Viktor the Machine Herald). Probably because I have the Strange Eons 2.1 alpha 13 installed, instead of SE3? I can open some other previous *.eon posts (Pooka's Curse, Bang Shishigami Personal Story, Cornelius Personal Story, Haku-men Personal Story) but not all, and none of the 4/15/ post. Also, when I tried to download the The Cauldron, Crucible of SoulsMediaFire asked me to Sign Up/Login, instead of going directly to the download page, the link is missing.

What about publishing a JPG/PNG besides the EON (not only the name, but also the link, so no need to search for it in the 1st page)? Maybe a "see first and download if you like" will be more user friendly than the current "first download and then see (and then comment)".

Thanks again and keep posting!

#31 Shining Aquas

Shining Aquas

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:00 PM

Atomicq said:

Besides, I am receiving an Error window alert when I try to open the new listed *.eon files (Saligrama, Rachel Alucard, Valkenhayn, Agatha Prenderghast, Nu -13-, Teddie, Yukiko Amagi, Ragna the Bloodedge and Viktor the Machine Herald). Probably because I have the Strange Eons 2.1 alpha 13 installed, instead of SE3? I can open some other previous *.eon posts (Pooka's Curse, Bang Shishigami Personal Story, Cornelius Personal Story, Haku-men Personal Story) but not all, and none of the 4/15/ post. Also, when I tried to download the The Cauldron, Crucible of SoulsMediaFire asked me to Sign Up/Login, instead of going directly to the download page, the link is missing.

What about publishing a JPG/PNG besides the EON (not only the name, but also the link, so no need to search for it in the 1st page)? Maybe a "see first and download if you like" will be more user friendly than the current "first download and then see (and then comment)".

It's very likely that some of the files I've posted only work on Strange Eons 3 since everything I create is also in Strange Eons 3.  So, the best solution I can give for that right now is to just Get Strange Eons 3.  I also had a link to the program in the opening post.  I'm sorry if this sounds like terrible advice but that's the only solution I can think of on the .EON front.

Thanks for letting me know about the broken link on The Cauldron.  I just fixed it.

Regarding the JPG/PNG idea, it's definitely something I've considered but it will take a lot of time to get all the previews up.  Stay tuned though, as the next couple updates will be ABSOLUTELY HUGE, aimed at both content updates and balances but also interface upgrades for the forums.  Among the changes will likely be something similar to visual previews.

#32 Atomicq

Atomicq

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:17 PM

I just installed Strange Eons 3 (3630a) but I am still unable to open the posted *.eon files, I receive the message "This does not appear to be a Strange Eon file" every time I try to open one.

Anyway, I am checking the SE Support page and Googling for a fix (probably a Windows 8 + Java scenario).

I will stay tuned!

#33 Shining Aquas

Shining Aquas

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 07:10 PM

Atomicq said:

I just installed Strange Eons 3 (3630a) but I am still unable to open the posted *.eon files, I receive the message "This does not appear to be a Strange Eon file" every time I try to open one.

Anyway, I am checking the SE Support page and Googling for a fix (probably a Windows 8 + Java scenario).

I will stay tuned!

Alright, I think I found the fix.  Turns out, I have numerous plugins installed on my version that Strange Eons doesn't come with automatically.  The fix I found is the following:

1) Open up Strange Eons 3

2) Go to Toolbox > Manage Plug-ins.  At the bottom left of the Plug-ins window should be a button that says "Download Plug-In's"

3) From the list of Plug-In's, select "Arkham Horror" and install it.

If it still doesn't work, lemme know.  In the mean time, I've got a giant update to write:

Today's update is LOADED TO THE BRIM with cool stuff.  We've got updates to TONS of Investigators and Ancient Ones, a brand new Herald, and the introduction of the fan requested Content Bundles!  Today's a good day to go insane in the town of Arkham.

5/22/2013 - Drop the Time Bomb

NEW CONTENT:
New Herald - Anutpada, Arcana of Time
-Anutpada can be found under the Arcana Heart section of the Heralds tab

Content Bundles!
-The first of many Content Bundles has been released.  The Odin Sphere Bundle contains 5 Investigators, 5 Ancient Ones and all the necessary game pieces needed to play with them.
-A new Batch will be released upon each update until everything has been bundled.

BALANCE CHANGES:
Annie Hastur
-Tibbers monster token got a major wording cleanup.  Ability is still the same.

Ahri
-Personal Story Complete!
    >Pass - Discard a Soul Gem, Healing Stone, Camilla's Ruby or Map of the Mind
    >Reward - +1 to Will checks.  Whenever Ahri uses Spirit Rush, if she pulls at least 3 monsters she recovers 1 sanity afterwards.
    >Fail - Use Essence Theft on a Cultist, Maniac, Witch or High Priest
    >Punishment - Maximum Sanity reduced by 1.

Arcia Rinslet
    >Pass - Complete a Task or Mission
    >Reward - Choose One: Discard this card and get a second set of rewards on your most recently completed task/mission; OR keep this card and search the common/unique deck for the first available task/mission and take it.  This card may be exhausted in place of paying costs for a mission.
    >Fail - If you ever have 5 monster trophies
    >Punishment - Sneak (-1), and spending monster trophies in any quanitity results in a loss of 1 sanity.

Chimbley Sweep
*These changes are actually pretty old, but I apparently forgot to add them to the site (my bad).  These changes were mostly for the sake of adding better flavor to the item.  Also, I do agree that Chimbley is pretty ridiculous, his design is super old (updated, but still old) and back when I thought the average for evasive characters was Wendy Adams. At some point I'll address this, but it's not high on my list of priorities, and he's honestly fun to play right now albeit ridiculously strong.

-Dusty Broom is now "Exhaust to add 1 success to an evade check. This item doesn't refresh during upkeep. Movement: While this card is exhausted, for each area you travel through put a soot counter on this card. When it has 6 counters, remove them and refresh Dusty Broom."  This is drastically different from the original "Exhaust to add 1 success to an evade check. This item doesn't refresh unless you pay $3."
-Dusty Broom is now $4 from $3.

Crom Cruach (AO)
*Crom is designed with a very specific type of counterplay in mind.  Cultists appear on gates and attempt to make the game terrible if they can reach the Woods (and they will try), and the investigators need to spend at least some of their resources attempting to stop them.  Unfortunately, certain elements of Crom's kit don't allow for nearly enough counterplay in cases where gates appeared directly on the Woods or even on Expansion boards.  It was also too difficult and occasionally degenerate in cases where you would draw any cultists in your regular monsters on top of the extra cultists.  If you add all the worse cases together in a lareg party game, you could potentially get up to 4 doom tokens in one turn.  These major changes to his primary ability, as well as minor changes should make Crom much less frustrating to play against.

-Sanguine Harvest has been reworked tremendously.
    >Cultists are now seperated from the monster cup during game setup and place in their own cup.
    >Instead of drawing a cultist from the cup each time a gate opens, you now simply pull a random cultist out of the cultist cup and add it to the normal monsters when the gate opens.
    >Cultists are no longer placed on expansion boards
    >Whenever a gate opens on the Woods, the Cultist is placed on Uptown streets instead of on the gate.
    >Cultists no longer count towards the monster limit.
-Speed checks made against defeated worshippers is now at a -1 penalty instead of -2.
-Added a new clause on the Ancient One's attack.  If the Woods is Sealed when an investigator attempts to move onto it, remove the seal instead of moving the investigator onto it.

Emily Hayes
*Emily was intended to be a character that could cast very difficult to cast spells with near certainty thanks to her mysterious amulet, at the potential cost of losing control to the will of the amulet.  Her original ability however didn't convey this attribute as well as I had hoped, so it's time to change things up.  Hopefully this change will make Emily a more exciting pick.

-Channeling the Amulet is now "Emily get a bonus to spell checks equal to the spell's sanity cost plus 1. Anytime she successfully casts a combat spell, the combat bonus is amplified by (+1)."  Original was "Whenever Emily rolls a spell check, she gets twice as many dice as normal."
-Personal Story Pass Condition has been reworked into a Task.
    >Task in order is Ye Olde Magick Shoppe / Unvisited Isle / Arkham Asylum / Silver Twilight Lodge / The Dreamlands (2nd area)
-Personal Story Pass Reward now requires you to roll for The Stonekeeper's Curse anytime you choose to spend no sanity on Dragon's Eye.

Jumanji (AO)
-Wording cleanup everywhere for easier reading.  Still complex though.
-Worshippers clause now includes "Increased Open Gate limit by 1".
-Jumanji Encounters updated all around
    >"Riots" - Now only spawns 1 Riot, as opposed to all 3.
    >"Behemoths" - Wording update
    >"Arachnids" - Changed to "when there are 2 or fewer Leng Spiders on the board, you pass" as opposed to "when at least 2 Leng Spiders are removed, you pass"
    >"Great Deluge" - Now raises the Deep One Rising Track by 1 instead of 2.
    >"Fishy" - Card is now discarded after the afflicted player draws 6 Innsmouth Look cards instead of 5
    >"Tripping the Rift" - Now sends the Mojo token to "The Causeway" instead of "Strange High House in the Mist".  Even I must admit, that was just too cruel.
    >"Sky Demons" - Alternatively can be passed if any of it's monsters are sent to the Outskirts.
    >"On the Verge of Awakening" - No longer forces a monster surge, but now raises the terror level by 2.
    >"Earthquakes" - Depot Locations has been included as a thing that the earthquakes cannot close.
    >"Town Militia" - Patrol Markers do not get placed on any town other than the one you are in (Arkham, Dunwich, Kingsport, or Innsmouth)
    >"Undertow" - Clause added to deal with Split Gates
    >"Tripping through Time" - Clause added to deal with Split Gates
    >NEW ENCOUNTER ADDED - "Drawn to Life"

Nasus
-Main ability is now called "Fury of the Sands" instead of "Deity of Ra"
-Starts with 1 fewer dollar, 1 less clue token, and 1 fewer Exhibit item.  Now starts with an extra Unique item and a Spell.
-Fury of the Sands now worded "Once per turn when a gate opens".  Ability hasn't changed.

Nu -13-
    >Pass - Sacrifice an ally on the Black Cave OR another investigator gets devoured
    >Reward - Exhaust this card in place of spending 3 toughness of monster trophies for Sword Summoner.  Discard this card to immediately wake up the Ancient One
    >Fail - Become Lost in Time and Space
    >Punishment - You are devoured, but instead of choosing a new investigator you may instead restart Nu's character sheet with this card. If you do, start the game delayed at the Science Building instead of Lost in Time and Space.

Platinum The Trinity
-Now starts with "Staff of the Pharaoh" and an extra dollar instead of "Enchanted Cane"
-Apparently Platinum had $5 of unspent cash, so she now starts with an extra unique item.

Sieg Wahrheit
-The Victor Delacroix monster token for Sieg's Personal Story has had both its horror and combat modifiers reduced to -2 from -3.

ALSO, in the near future I will be doing away with the Visual Preview section of this thread and adding visual previews in the Topic Post for EVERYTHING.  This change will not be happening immediately, more like sometime down the line.

#34 Atomicq

Atomicq

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:52 PM

The fix works, thanks! 

I find the Crom Cruach mechanics compelling, I will try to play with this AO in a future game. The Cauldron, Anutpada and Saligrama's mechanics looks dangerously interesting too, and Jumanji seems like a lot of fun!

#35 Shining Aquas

Shining Aquas

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:09 PM

For anyone looking for a new post, I don't have one yet.  Just updating the topic with some new stuff.

However, there will be a FREAKISHLY HUGE UPDATE in the next few days.  And I literally mean HUGE.  Like, I can't get the font big enough.

I'm just saying that come the time of the update, everyone will be looking at me like I lost it.

For a scope of how big it is, I've been working on this set of changes for ALMOST AN ENTIRE WEEK.  NOTHING IS SAFE.

#36 Shining Aquas

Shining Aquas

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:16 AM

Alright, as promised the GIANT update is here.  Would've been here yesterday but the forums exploded in the middle of the update.  Whatever, it's all good.  For this most recent update, I literally went back and looked over almost everything I've ever made, rebalancing and tweaking a large number of investigators, and a few guardians and heralds.  At some point I'll give the same treatment to all my Ancient Ones, but most of the major changes to those have happened over the last few updates.  If you have any questions or comments, you know what to do.

6/6/2013 - Subspace Supernova

NEW CONTENT:
New Ancient One - Tabuu, the Subspace Emissary
-Tabuu can be found under the miscellaneous tab for Ancient Ones.

New Content Bundles - Blazblue
-Calamity Trigger bundle includes the first game's cast, totaling 12 investigators.
-Continuum Shift includes the second game's extra characters, totalling 7 investigators. 2 are missing personal stories.
-Chrono Phantasma includes SOME of the third game's new characters, totalling 4 investigators so far.  No personal stories yet, overall incomplete.  Will be finished when the actual game gets an official release (Roughly October)

BALANCE CHANGES:
Ahri
-Ahri's Personal Story can now also be passed by discarding 5 clue tokens at any time.

Amane Nishiki
-You only discard a drill counter on a roll of 1-2, instead of on a failure.

Azrael
-Unstoppable reworked.  Instead of starting with an endurance counter and spending it to prevent unconsciousness or insanity, you now don't start with one and gain one when preventing unconsciousness or insanity.  With the new ability, you cannot use it if you already have an endurance counter, and the counter can be removed by ending movement at either St. Mary's Hospital or Arkham Asylum.
-Unstoppable now sets your Sanity OR Stamina to 1, instead of setting your Stamina AND Sanity to 1.

Bang Shishigami
-FURINKAZAN now gives you a magical effect called "Tenjou Overdrive" which provides you with the benefits FURINKAZAN used to give you.  This was turned into a seperate card to better seperate the active effects from the other miscellaneous triggers (ex: Discarding Blaze Counters is listed on Bang's sheet, but being able to move after winning a combat is now on Tenjou Overdrive's card)
-Tenjou Overdrive gives you +2 Speed, instead of 2 additional movement points.  Effectively the same, but now gives the benefits on Speed checks.

Bhanri (Guardian)
-Crioch (Counterspark) now only gives +1 to combat checks if the monster has any resistances and +2 if they have any immunities, instead of +1 per resistance and +2 per immunity.

Bullet
-Art updated. No actual changes. I actually think Bullet is in a good place, power-wise.

Caitlyn
-Ace in the Hole is no longer restricted by "line of sight" since there's really no good way to judge that on the Arkham game board.

Carl Clover
-Nirvana can now be exhausted during upkeep to restore an extra control counter.  Doing so will prevent you from using Nirvana for the turn.
-Nirvana's wording has been updated to match Ignis (Relius' doll)
-Carl's delayed trigger on an empty Nirvana is now checked at Mythos instead of Upkeep.
-Carl's Personal Story pass condition no longer triggers on gaining allies, but the number of tokens needed has been reduced to 3 from 4.

Chie Satonaka
-Trial of the Dragon now gives +2 to horror and combat checks against monsters that you have trophies for, instead of a (+2) bonus to the first horror and combat check.  Mostly a phrasing update, but it does mean the bonuses last for the entire combat now.
-Trial of the Dragon now also gives the bonus against any monster you've failed a combat check against, provided you weren't knocked unconscious.

Cho'Gath
-You can no longer pay 1 gate trophy to use Carnivorous Feast.

Dieu Mort (Herald)
-Rancour now only considers losses, not payments, when deciding how to punish you.  This includes things like Sanity payments for spells and various payments for missions.
-Art updated.

Dizzy
-Necro and Undine completely reworked.  Now gives +1 to Will checks when your Fight is maxed, and +1 to Fight checks when your Will is maxed.

Dr. Mundo
-Infected Cleaver typo fixed. Now gives "(+1) to combat checks" instead of "(+1) to a combat check".  Because of the weapon's exhaust ability, this actually makes a large difference.
-Sadist now only triggers on other investigators in Arkham, and doesn't trigger unless Dr. Mundo is also in Arkham.

Haku-men
-Gaining an extra movement point with 8-seal Magatama now only costs 2 counters instead of 3.
-Haku-men's Personal Story fail punishment is now called "Preparing for the End" instead of "The End has Come"

Iron Tager
-Spark Bolt now pulls any 1 monster in the same town as you, instead of 1 monster in your line of sight.  As with Caitlyn, there isn't really a concrete way to define "line of sight" within the Arkham Game Board.
-Tager's Personal Story fail punishment is now "(-1) to all skill checks when the Ancient One awakens" instead of "Add 1 doom token to the doom track".  This change is actually ancient but I COMPLETELY FORGOT TO UPDATE IT (sorry).

Izayoi
-Speed increased to 4 from 3. Luck decreased to 3 from 4.

Liliana Vess (Herald)
-No longer gives undead monsters an additional -1 to combat.
-Wording cleanup on Liliana's Caress, as it was generally agreed that it was written very poorly and ambiguously.
-Extra clarification added to Gruesome Encore.

Malzahar
-Malefic Visions now delays Malzahar whenever it triggers.  He still gains a 1 clue and 1 sanity from it.
-Nether Grasp is now done before making a combat check against the listed monster type, instead of whenever you encounter it.
-Monsters conscripted with Nether Grasp will now ignore players when moving.

Makoto Nanaya
-Makoto Nanaya personal story pass condition (Mission) has had it's final area changed to "1st/2nd Area of Another Time/Dimension" instead of "1st Area of Another Time/Dimension"

Naoto Shirogane
-Master of Deduction now triggers upon closing a gate instead of sealing a gate.

Nasus
-Nasus' Personal Story now requires either 5 monster trophies or 1 gate trophy when the doom track is half full to pass.  The fail condition is now not achieving the pass condition by that point.
-Nasus' Personal Story pass reward is now "Enforcer of Balance"
    >Enforcer of Balance: "You may spend 5 toughness of monster trophies or 1 gate trophy to remove all blessings, curses, benefits, detriments and corruptions from all investigators that have them.  Either way, immediately gain a storm counter"

Noel Vermillion
-Wording Cleanup on Chain Revolver and Personal Story.  No actual changes.

Oswald
-Oswald's Personal Story pass condition only requires you to kill 2 undead monsters instead of 3.
-Oswald's Personal Story reward now prevents all sanity loss from Shadow Awakening.  Also, instead of preventing the first stamina spent from Shadow Awakening, you simply gain 1 stamina back if you kill the monster with Shadow Awakening.

Platinum the Trinity
-Magical Symphony has a NEW ITEM!
    >Magical Gift: 2 charge counters. Upkeep: You may spend all of your focus and 1 charge counter to drop a gift token in your current area. When this card is out of charge counters, discard it. If an investigator ends their movement on a gift token, remove it and roll a die. On a 1-3, they gain $1. On a 4-5, they recover their choice of 1 sanity or stamina. On a 6, they gain a clue token.
-Magical Symphony deck got a visual overhaul.  New color scheme and custom back image!

Rachel Alucard
-Starts with 1 less dollar and 1 fewer common item, but has 1 extra clue token.  Starts with Call down the Storm instead of Wither.

Ragna the Bloodedge
*Imitation Azure is a powerful ability that works well for an investigator like Ragna, but at the same time I feel it's just a little too powerful an ability to give to any investigator even if it can only be used once per game.  So, despite how much that ability resonates with the character, I've decided to remodel it into a different ability that is much smaller but also more relevent.

-Imitation Azure ability replaced with Veins of Black
-Veins of Black gives Ragna +1 to Fight and Will and twice the recovery rate from Soul Eater if his sanity or stamina is ever at 1.
-Ragna's Personal Story reward and punishment have been modified to adapt to the removal of Imitation Azure.

Relius Clover
-Ignis now starts with 4 control counters instead of 6, and using her requires you to spend 2 instead of 3. Effectively no change, but the planned reward for passing Relius' story (when it's finally written) is recovering 1 control counter per upkeep, making this an eventual buff.
-Ignis is now 1 handed instead of 2 handed, but the starting bonus is +2 instead of +3 (The +X portion is the same).

Saligrama (Guardian)
-Soma wording cleanup.

Sieg Wahrheit
-Blasphemy Legion now costs 1 stamina instead of 1 sanity when blasting away a monster of 3 or higher toughness.

Sona Buvelle
-Crescendo now includes Voice of Ra again.  It's musical enough in nature, and while Sona is "technically" mute (but maybe not?), Voice was added again to make up for the incredibly sparse amount of other musical-themed items.
-Sona's Personal Story now states "2 or more possessions listed under Crescendo" instead of "2 or more musical possessions".  This change was made to avoid any possible confusion.

Taokaka
-Now starts with a Knife, but also has 1 fewer clue token.
-Taokaka's Personal Story reward now also restores your sanity and stamina to full.

Tryndamere
-Mocking Shout can no longer be used unless you are in Arkham.
-Mocking Shout can no longer move monsters into Stable Locations
-Mocking Shout now moves monsters 1 space in the direction of Tryndamere, instead of their regular movement.  This is different from simply having the monster move towards Tryndamere, which means it can now be used to move stationary and special monsters.

Tsubaki Yayoi
-Tsubaki now gains 2 stock counters every upkeep during the Ancient One battle.
-Divine Judgment no longer has any restrictions on how often you can equip a Punishment instead of a Judgment Art.  However, equipping a Punishment also requires you to spend all of your focus.
-Judgment Arts modified slightly
    >Light in the Sky now costs 3 stock instead of 2.
    >All Arts have had wording fixes and cleanups.

Twisted Fate
*I've actually been lingering on the choice to remove Destiny Gate for a while, only recently deciding that I did want to go through with it. It seems weird removing what is arguably TF's most unique ability, but it was just causing too many design issues.  I knew, and still know exactly what I want to do with the Destiny Gate effect and I've already incorporated that effect into his personal story, so there really isn't any reason to keep the ability around.  This means that I can use the other idea from the previous Destiny Gate in future designs.

-Loaded Dice now has the extra effect "Any Phase: Once per turn, you may add +1 to the result of any die you rolled"
-Pick a Card's values have been rearranged.  1-2 is now common item, 3-4 is now spell, and 5-6 is now unique item.
-Destiny Gate has been completely removed.  The intended ability has already been worked into TF's personal story, so there's no need for this ability anymore.
-Twisted Fate's Personal Story pass reward no longer delays you upon using Astral Travel.

Velvet Valentine
-Psypher Chain now gives a +1 horror bonus against a chained monster as well.

Zappa
-Wording cleanup on ability and summons.
-Triplet Spirits now gives +2 to combat checks instead of +1.
-Triplet Spirits gives 1 soul counter for each 5-6 you roll on a skill check, and discards 1 for each 1-2 you roll on a skill check.  This completely replaces the old, cumbersome method.
-Spectral Hound is still a +2 to combat checks, but now the modifier increases to +3 if your other hand is equipped with something.
-Cursed Sword no longer gives +2 to horror checks.
-Cursed Sword now causes Combat to be fought with Speed instead of Fight, to help match the theme with all other summons.

I also thought I'd update people on the full image gallery idea.  It's definitely going to happen, but I'm still brainstorming the best way to arrange it and it also requires me to upload over 100 images in high quality.  So, while I can promise that it will be coming, I really can't promise it will be anytime soon.

#37 Shining Aquas

Shining Aquas

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:27 AM

Hey folks, sorry it's been silent around here. That last update actually took a lot out of me, no joke.  Anyways, I'm going on vacation for a couple weeks, but I thought I'd leave you with an update before hitting the trail.

6/22/2013 - Holy Protector

NEW CONTENT:
New Guardian - Zillael, Arcana of Sacred
-Zillael can be found in the Arcana Heart section of Guardians.

New Content Bundle - Inaba Investigation Team (Persona 4)
-The Persona 4 Bundle includes 7 Investigators and 1 Herald.

BALANCE CHANGES:
Chie Satonaka
-Trial of the Dragon now applies the bonus against a monster when having a monster trophy of the same name or after failing the first combat check against it, instead of having a monster trophy of the same name or failing ANY combat check against it.
-Trial of the Dragon's activation cost is now 3 kai counters from 5.  The maximum she can hold is now 3 from 5.
-Trial of the Dragon can now be activated during Any Phase instead of Movement.
-Kung Fu Fanatic now increases Chie's Maximum Sanity by 1 if she has any of the listed skills.
-Kung Fu Fanatic now only gives 1 sanity instead of all sanity upon gaining any of the listed skills.

Cornelius
-Cornelius had $2 of unspent cash, so he now starts with 1 spell and $2 fewer.
-Pooka's Curse only replaces your starting curse with the Pooka's Curse card, instead of every curse after as well.
-Getting blessed no longer dispels the Pooka's Curse, but instead places 3 Valentine Counters on it.
-Pooka's Curse now takes 6 Valentine Counters to remove from 5.
-Pooka's Curse card now has a custom symbol on the backside, drawn by me :).

The Odin Sphere Content Bundle has been updated

Next time, I will bundle up the League of Legends content and I'll be creating the first bits of the full image gallery.

• Atomicq likes this

#38 Shining Aquas

Shining Aquas

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 10:48 PM

After having been stuck in New York due to a cancelled flight (caused by events happening at SFO), I'm back and ready to update new material.

7/17/2013 - This Migo reminds me of a Puzzle

NEW CONTENT

New Investigator - Hershal "Professor" Layton

-Professor Layton can be found under the Miscellaneous tab under Investigators.

New Content Bundle - League of Legends

-The League Bundle contains 13 investigators, including the exclusive beta release of "Vladimir, the Crimson Reaper".  Vladimir will be released as a seperate download in the coming weeks.

BALANCE CHANGES

Kanji Tatsumi
*Kanji has always felt like the overall weakest character out of the P4 lineup.  He doesn't bring anything really solid to the game and performs as an average combat character with a couple of small gimmicks.  Having an ability that is potentially punishing and is effectively a worse version of Joe Diamond's "Hunches" wasn't really helping his already mediocre playstyle.  To help put Kanji in a more contendable position with other characters similar to him and to make his play more synergistic and fun, his main ability has been completely reworked.

-"Real Man, 110%" reworked.  New effect is "Whenever you spend any number of clue tokens towards passing a skill check and you succeed that check, regain 1 spent clue token."
    >This ability says that you regain 1 spent clue token, so it will not trigger upon using a clue replacement effect (Mythos Lore, for example)
    >This ability also does not count as gaining a clue for the sake of triggers that occur upon gaining a clue token (Press Pass, for example)
    >Because of how this skill is worded, it does work with Skills like Fisticuffs, which Kanji already starts with.
-Heart of Gold now prevents 2 stamina damage on the target instead of 1.

Isaac

*Isaac's last batch of major changes have shown a significant increase in playability with the character.  The original version of Isaac involved the player switching maybe 1-2 times in the entire game, but this version of Isaac almost encourages about 3-5 switches per game, and overall the player feels a bit more rewarded switching multiple times a game.  The only issue that remains is with Samson in that he fights with Judas over a similar sort of role, and Judas ALWAYS ends up preferred.  These buffs to Samson should help make him just as viable a pick for combat instances as Judas, and hopefully it will make it easier to see what each of those characters was originally designed for.

-No changes to Isaac, however major changes have been made to Samson.
*Samson
-Sanity and Stamina are now 5 each, instead of 4 Sanity and 6 Stamina.
-Fury Counters may now be spent as clue tokens, but only for the sake of combat and horror checks.  If you ever have 3 Fury counters, you still discard them and gain an actual clue token.
-Samson's Switch Bonus now shows you the monster token during Upkeep, and you may choose to place it on your location at any time during movement.  If you don't, the token returns to the cup.

Malzahar
-Nether Grasp got some minor wording fixes to prevent confusion.  Ability remains unchanged.

Viktor
-Augment: Energy now only requires 1 focus to refresh, instead of all of your focus.

I mentioned that I would begin working on the image previews on this update.  Unfortunately, I cannot begin working on it because the new forum is structured differently from the old one.  While most of the changes that this new forum brings are positive ones, major negatives exist where image uploading is involved, namely that you cannot create any post with more than 10 images in it.  The full image gallery will be put on hold until I find a good way around this problem, although I am always open for suggestion.

Edited by Shining Aquas, 16 July 2013 - 10:54 PM.

• Atomicq likes this

#39 Shining Aquas

Shining Aquas

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:15 PM

Sorry this last update has been taking a while, but I will have something up in the coming day(s).

In case you're wondering about the delay, it has something to do with the "Full Visual Gallery" ;)

#40 Shining Aquas

Shining Aquas

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:20 PM

8/9/2013 - Paint the town Red

NEW CONTENT

New Investigator - Vladimir, the Crimson Reaper

-Vladimir can be found in the League of Legends tab under Investigators.

New Content Bundle - Chaos Legion

-This mini bundle comes with 2 investigators and 1 Ancient One from the Chaos Legion title.

THE FULL IMAGE GALLERY IS UP!

-By use of the Imgur Gallery features, this full image gallery was crafted with traces of legendary dragon scales and smelted together with the embers of a dying star.

-Each item on display has a name, description and a high resolution image.  Not on display are Personal Stories or Sinister Plots.

-There are goodies in there.  Namely, a few images for future content.

-The Full Image Gallery can be found in the second post of the thread, right under the Topic post.  Alternatively, there's a link here.

BALANCE CHANGES
Annie Hastur

-Lore reduced to 4 from 5.  Sneak increased to 5 from 4.
-More wording cleanup on the Tibbers Monster Token.

Chimbley Sweep

*Chimbley was a long time joke character, made in the earliest days of my custom creation phase.  While I like Chimbley from a flavorful standpoint, his selection of items and abilities was not very well thought out, and has been long overdo for an update.  The reason why it took so long to refine Chimbley is because he was incredibly fun and kinda silly, and people enjoyed playing him despite how overpowered his design was.  I think I finally found a sweet spot where Chimbley can be strong without being overbearing, can still remain flavorful and no longer reeks of bad design.

-Convenient Law Enforcement completely reworked.  Now allows you to make a Luck (-1) check once per turn instead of making a combat or evade check.  If you pass, the monster is arrested.  Only 1 monster can be in jail at a time, putting another in there causes the first monster to be released into Easttown Streets.  The monster will also be released during "Blue Flu".
-Panic and Stealth have both been removed from Fixed Possesions.  Now starts with an extra random spell.
-Dusty Broom now costs $5 instead of $4.
-Dusty Broom now requires 5 soot counters to refresh from 6.
-Chimbley's Personal Story completely redone to reflect the recent rework.

Chie Satonaka
-Trial of the Dragon's activation is now restricted to "cannot be used unless in Arkham" as opposed to "cannot be used in the middle of an Arkham Encounter or while not in Arkham, but can be used before drawing an Arkham Encounter".  Not only better, but way nicer to read.

Ewan
-Ewan has been scrapped due to poor design and no interesting gameplay.  Ideas that went into creating Ewan will be redirected into future projects.

*Ewan, like Chimbley, was made as more of a joke character in the earliest stages of custom creation.  Unlike Chimbley, he didn't really have any great specifications or unique abilities, and his gameplay was really lackluster.  Additionally, he could almost be considered overpowered once he passed his personal story.  Ultimately, there's nothing really compelling about Ewan as an investigator and as such, I'm sorry to say, he's not worth keeping around.  Basic ideas on which Ewan was founded, like self-recovery and item bonding via Duct Tape, will probably be re-evaluated and used in future designs.  I'm a particular fan of Magical Duct Tape, and will probably try to incorporate it elsewhere.

Gwendolyn
-Image updated for "Griselda's Spear".  No Actual Changes.

Isaac
-No changes to Isaac, but a small change has been made to Samson
>Samson
-Samson no longer automatically discards his fury counters for 1 clue token upon hitting 3.
-Samson's Bloody Fury now has "Any Phase: You may discard 3 fury counters to gain 1 clue token."

Litchi Faye-Ling
-Image updated for "Matenbou Staff".  No Actual Changes.

ODIN SPHERE CONTENT
-Art assets have been updated for all Ancient Ones (Leventhan, The Cauldron, Darkova, Onyx and King Gallon), and art assets for Ancient One parts have also been updated (Baby Leventhan and The Cauldron Monster Tokens).

Sieg Wahrheit

*Summoning legions really takes a lot out of Sieg.  Because of how the ability works, Sieg could only really play at Maximum Speed (5) and would still only receive 3 movement points if he ever tried to take advantage of Legions, which is his only unique trait.  My first inclination was to start him off with a Map of Arkham, but I decided instead to fix his ability at it's core so that smart players can find a way to create additional movement out of it.
-Apocrypha of Yzarc now allows you to summon a legion at any time during movement at the cost of half your remaining movement points (rounded up), instead of at the start of movement for half your overall movement points (rounded down).

Twisted Fate

*In the actual League of Legends game, Twisted Fate's ability to grant bonus money to everyone was recently reworked into a self-giving money tool based on the idea of rolling loaded dice.  I was such a fan of this change that I decided to implement it onto his investigator sheet as well.
-Loaded Dice minor rework.  Whenever Twisted Fate gains money outside of trades,  retainers or Deputy of Arkham, roll a die and receive that much money instead.  You cannot receive less money from this ability than you would normally (Ex: If you would receive $3 and you roll a 1, you will still gain $3.  However, if you roll a 4, you receive $4 instead of $3).
    >The second part of this ability remains unchanged (Any Phase: Once per turn you may add +1 to the result of any die rolled by Twisted Fate)
-Wording on Pick a Card revised to better cover what is actually happening with the ability, mostly where shop purchases are concerned.
-Personal Story pass condition now also requires discarding a gate trophy in addition to the ally and $6.
-Personal Story reward now lets you exhaust the card instead of discarding Astral Travel, instead of exhausting and paying 1 stamina.

ODIN SPHERE BUNDLE HAS BEEN UPDATED

I hope you guys enjoy the new image gallery, it took a long time to set it up but I'm pretty satisfied with it overall.  If there's anything about it that bothers you, let me know.

Edited by Shining Aquas, 09 August 2013 - 02:38 PM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS