47 replies to this topic

#41 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 1,849 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:24 PM

flightmaster101 said:

Glaurung said:

Hmmm i play mostly solo and i win against every scenarios which is here for current day.

2 player game si more fun bu much most of scenarios is too easy for 2 player game special if they are good players and both have good synergy decks.

But HON change it! So now 2 or more player game is much more interesting and hard then before.

Can you beat Shadow and Flame with only cards released up to that point?

Yes sure. With Elrond/Hama/Glorifindel(spirit) deck. There is a eagles as well, feint ( to stop the Balrog) and Vilya mechanic. Actually this deck can beat any quests Up to SAF date.

I have another deck which one can beat any quest Up to date now! If you go to Strategy and deck buliding part of this forum you will see topic Thorin complany dwarves deck. Check it out! IS most powerfull solo deck in my opinion now. Can win all quests and HON as well.

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#42 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 1,849 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 08:36 PM

Glaurung said:

flightmaster101 said:

Glaurung said:

Hmmm i play mostly solo and i win against every scenarios which is here for current day.

2 player game si more fun bu much most of scenarios is too easy for 2 player game special if they are good players and both have good synergy decks.

But HON change it! So now 2 or more player game is much more interesting and hard then before.

Can you beat Shadow and Flame with only cards released up to that point?

Yes sure. With Elrond/Hama/Glorifindel(spirit) deck. There is a eagles as well, feint ( to stop the Balrog) and Vilya mechanic. Actually this deck can beat any quests Up to SAF date.

I have another deck which one can beat any quest Up to date now! If you go to Strategy and deck buliding part of this forum you will see topic Thorin complany dwarves deck. Check it out! IS most powerfull solo deck in my opinion now. Can win all quests and HON as well.

Here is a deck list of the Elrond wisdom deck. Can manage SAF and all other quests. HON i didn try but i think have a good chance to win  as well.

Total Cards (50)

Hero (3)
Elrond (SaF) x1
Glorfindel (FoS) x1
Hama (TLD) x1

Ally (20)
Arwen Undomiel (TWitW) x2
Eagles of the Misty Mountains (RtM) x3
Gandalf (Core) x3
Gildor Inglorion (THoEM) x1
Gleowine (Core) x2
Haldir of Lorien (AJtR) x1
Winged Guardian (THfG) x2
Imladris Stargazer (FoS) x3
Vassal of the Windlord (TDM) x3

Attachment (15)
A Burning Brand (CatC) x2
Asfaloth (FoS) x2
Healing Herbs (FoS) x3
Light of Valinor (FoS) x3
Unexpected Courage (Core) x2
Vilya (SaF) x3

Event (15)
A Test of Will (Core) x3
Daeron's Runes (FoS) x3
Dwarven Tomb (Core) x1
Elrond's Counsel (TWitW) x3
Feint (Core) x3
The Galadhrim's Greeting (Core) x2

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#43 Marginal0

Marginal0

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:01 AM

There's just too many mechanics that only profit from 'dual-wielding' two decks, so I'd rather play 2.

#44 flightmaster101

flightmaster101

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 04:56 AM

***Update***

I dont know how many have been waiting around, but I made it 5/6th of the way through Dwarrowdelf and continue to get creamed on Shadow and Flame.  I did some analysis on my decks and realized that I have only 18 characters in my Lead/Tactics deck.  So I took out a few attachments and added some low cost characters as sacraficial lambs to Durin's Bane.  Unfortunatly this means I will have to play all 6 again to make sure these decks work for the entire cycle.  I also will change from a core x1 to a core x3 since Amazon had that sale, and I may as well use all my cards.  This will give me feint x3, I think that will be benificial over the whole cycle.

#45 iznax

iznax

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:46 PM

Marginal0 said:

There's just too many mechanics that only profit from 'dual-wielding' two decks, so I'd rather play 2.

So true bro too many mechanics in palyer and enqounter cards go off in 1 deck play ,its like u r playing the game in a wrong way ! all the way !!!

(]xxxxxx[}::::::::::::::::::::>

#46 tripecac

tripecac

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 05:54 AM

Are there any videos showing how to play 2-handed solo in OCTGN, LackeyCCG, or Vassal?

#47 flightmaster101

flightmaster101

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 04:31 AM

*** Update ***

I have changed my deck significantly to pass SAF.  Mainly taking our events and attachments and adding 1 and 2 cost allies to be sacraficial lambs to Durin's Bane.  I will be playing through the rest of the cycle to see if these decks can make it through the entire cycle and are not just specialized to SAF.

The basics of what I am using is a Spirit/Lore and Lead/Tactics with Aragorn, Elrond, Spirfindel and Elrohir, Elledan, and Legolas.  The idea is to make "Elf" decks, and I think it works with the theme of Dwarrodelf since you are first going from Lorien to Rivendell then Elrond asks you to go to Moria.  The second reason is because there are a lot of killer Dwarf decks out there and I havent seen a relly good Elf Deck yet, so why not make one myself.

For the spriit/lore deck the MOST improtant thing is getting "Light of Valinor" (FOS) on Glorfindel so he can quest "for free".  2nd is getting Vilya out on Elrond and the other is having the L/T deck get Celeborn's Stone out for Aragorn.  Vilya and Celeborn's stone are not as important as getting the Light on Glorfindel.

For the L/T deck I dont really have a "must have" starting hand except maybe getting Rivendell Blade on Legolas might be nice, and getting "Stewart of Gondor" or "Resourceful" on Elrohir would be nice, but not necessary.  This deck is made to get "support of the eagles" on Legolas (for attack) or Elrohir (for defense) and use "Eagles of the Misty Mountains" stacked with "Vassal of the Windlord" and "Winged Guardian" to make them have super attack or defense.

#48 flightmaster101

flightmaster101

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:12 AM

***Update***

So this deck was a little worse for entire cycle, but better for SAF.  I initially had some trouble out of the gate with Redhorn Gate, I almost changed my deck again becuase I thought it was going to be impossible.  The basic strategy behind my deck is the entry above.  Basically get the Light of Valinor on Glorfindel and get 2 copies of Feint in the other hand for Hama to disable enemies with.

The biggest reason I had to change decks was becasue my Lead/Tac deck was 50% events 30% char and 20% att.  And while it worked well on 5 of the 6 chapters it failed miserably in SAF.  First Legolas went bye bye and Hama was added for his ability to get Feint back into my hand.  So that deck changed to include more low cost characters and slim down the events and attachments, I even reduced so many card I put some resource generation in.  My Spirit/Lore deck suffered because going strictly on theme gave me too many high cost allies, which again worked well for 5 of the 6 chapters but when you cant get a low cost ally out to sacrafice to Durin's Bane it really hurts saying goodbye to a hero.

So once again my "theme" of Elves got spit up and I ended up with some men and dwarves in to help the elves out.  I'm just disspointed mainly because there are so many great "dwarf decks" out there that really stick to a dwarves only theme.  So for both Mirkwood and Dwarrowdelf I had to blow up my theme to get something that worked for the entire cycle.

So my scores went (score, wins/losses): TRG 198 1/4, RTR 119 1/2, TWITW 116 1/1, TLD 134 1/2, FOS 202 1/2, SAF 169 1/1.

My decks went like this:

Heroes:

Loragorn, Elrond, Spirfindel                                                                                    Elrohir, Elledan, Hama

Allies:  (Spirit, Lore, Neutral)                                                                                  (Leadership, Tactics, Neutral)

Lorien Guidex3                                                                                                     Guard of the Citadel x3

Northern Tracker x2                                                                                              Snowbourn Scout x3

Bofur x1                                                                                                              Veteran Axehand x3

Arwen Undomiel x2                                                                                              Gondorian Spearman x3

Imladris Stargazer x3                                                                                           Winged Guardian x3

Daughter of the Nimrondel x3                                                                                Vassal of the Windlord x3

Erebor Hammersmith x3                                                                                       Eagles of the Misty Mountains x3

Henamarth Riversong x2                                                                                       Watcher of the Bruinen x3

Gleowine x2                                                                                                        Trollshaw Scout x3

Miner of the Iron Hills x3                                                                                       Gandalf x3

Haldir of Lorien x1

Gildor Inglorioin x1

Master of the Forge x3

Gandalf x 2

Events:  (same order)

The Galadrim's Greeting x3                                                                                 Sneak Attack x3

A Test of Will x3                                                                                                Feint x3

Elrond's Counsel x3                                                                                           Unseen Strike x3

Lore of Imladris x2                                                                                             

Attachments: (same order)

The Favor of the Lady x1                                                                                    Steward of Gondor x1

Light of Valinor x3                                                                                             Celebrian's Stone x1

A Burning Brand x2                                                                                           Horn of Gondor x1

Asfaloth x1                                                                                                       Support of the Eagles x1

Vilya x1                                                                                                            Keeping Count x3

Rivendell Blade x3

Resourceful x1

Sorry for the delay for all those who like to check up on this.  This is a tough cycle, and I have only had time to play about 3x a week lately and when you fail as much as I was it takes a while to get stuff done.  Let me know if people out there are still interested, I should be moving on to my HoN box next and I am still thinking of a theme for that deck.  I am thinking a Gondor/Rohan mix, but let me know what has worked out there for you guys.

Also for the community: am I too strict with my theme?  When you guys theme a deck for say "Gondor" do you include dwarves, elves and rohan types to help? 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS