Jump to content



Photo

Moonboy Classic 2013 - February 1-3


  • Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#81 Maester_LUke

Maester_LUke

    Member

  • Members
  • 713 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:01 PM

ZiM946 said:

Although I am very raw in the game and my experience is super low compared to the superstars that attended, I was thrilled to be playing with other people for once!  The drive was long, but well worth it.  I have already convinced my wife, Amy to attend Days 2013 with me- so hopefully I'll run into some of you folks up there!  I am super stoked for Days of Ice and Fire!

Thanks for all the great pieces of advice and for making us out-of-towners feel welcome.  You all were class acts and can't wait to do it again, hopefully with a better win/loss outcome!  :)

  It was great to meet you, Brad.  I (and the community as a whole) look forward to seeing you on the tourney grounds again soon.  Bear Down!!!



#82 Maester_LUke

Maester_LUke

    Member

  • Members
  • 713 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:12 PM

Intentionally Anonymous said:

RESERVED FOR LUCAS REED'S DECKLIST ONCE I GET IT

I played a decklist that Jeremiah "Shives McShivers" Duggan "loaned" me given the time away I've spent in the last 6 months.  At his recommendation, I replaced the Gold Link with the Black Iron Link as I didn't expect much in the way of Choke.  Thankfully neither Amuk (Lannister/Isles) nor Dobbler (Lannister/Wildlings3) got much going beyond Winter (which Meera & 'Last Hearth both enjoy, TYVM) and I had enough challenge control to avoid Support of the Kingdom.  I'll have a more in depth report later to explain why I was a fool to also add a Bronze Link as card #61 _and_ one motherlovin' link too many in a Loss & a Half. :/

House Card (1)
House Stark Regionals/Ice&Fire days 2011 1
 
Agendas (1)
The Maester's Path Gates of the Citadel 1
 
Plots (7)
Valar Morghulis Core Set 1
City of Sin Time of Trials 1
City of Spiders Tales from the Red Keep 1
At the Gates Gates of the Citadel 1
A City Besieged Chasing Dragons 1
City of Soldiers The Battle of Blackwater Bay 1
The Minstrel's Muse Return of the Others 1
 
Characters (33)
Hodor Core Set 1
Riders of the Red Fork Forging the Chain 3
Jeyne Westerling A Song of Summer 2
Brienne of Tarth Princes of the Sun 1
Oldtown Scholar Forging the Chain 2
Carrion Bird The Winds of Winter 2
Bolton Refugee Refugees of War 3
Meera Reed Tourney For The Hand 2
Robb Stark Kings of the Sea 2
Northern Cavalry Flank Scattered Armies 3
Catelyn Stark Lords of Winter 1
Old Nan Battle of Ruby Ford 1
Maester of Last Hearth Here to Serve 1
Ser Kyle Condon A Poisoned Spear 1
The Blackfish Lords of Winter 1
House Umber Berserkers Battle of Ruby Ford 2
Maester Luwin Forging the Chain 2
Jory Cassel Calling the Banners 1
Arya Stark The House of Black and White 2
 
Events (8)
Dissension Queen of the Dragons 3
Parting Blow Princes of the Sun 2
Lethal Counterattack Core Set 1
Distinct Mastery Core Set 1
The Price of War Kings of the Sea 1
 
Locations (14)
Great Keep Lords of Winter 3
Street of Sisters Core Set 1
Street of Steel Lords of Winter 1
Narrow Sea Kings of the Storm 2
Flea Bottom The Grand Melee 1
Harrenhal On Dangerous Grounds 2
Frozen Outpost Lords of Winter 2
Lord Eddard's Chambers Lords of Winter 1
River Row Queen of the Dragons 1
 
Attachments (5)
Tin Link Called by the Conclave 1
Steel Link The Isle of Ravens 1
Gold Link The Isle of Ravens 1
Copper Link Gates of the Citadel 1
Valyrian Steel Link Here to Serve 1


#83 reedhackman

reedhackman

    Member

  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:20 PM

Crevic said:

The Baratheon HoD decklist has Narrow Sea x3 in both the locations list and event list

Probably Narrow Escape



#84 reedhackman

reedhackman

    Member

  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 02:24 PM

Will you post the quantities of the cards in your deck? (Meant for Lucas Reed)



#85 Intentionally Anonymous

Intentionally Anonymous

    Member

  • Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

reedhackman said:

Crevic said:

 

The Baratheon HoD decklist has Narrow Sea x3 in both the locations list and event list

 

 

Probably Narrow Escape

That's absolutely what it was.  In my defense all the letters in the word "Sea" are also in the word "Escape" burla



#86 Intentionally Anonymous

Intentionally Anonymous

    Member

  • Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 04:28 PM

reedhackman said:

Will you post the quantities of the cards in your deck? (Meant for Lucas Reed)

I believe Luke's list was as follows (based on his comments in his post as well as what I remember from our game)…

Characters:

Hodor x1

Riders of the Red Fork x3

Jeyne Westerling x2

Brienne of Tarth (PotS) x1

Oldtown Scholar x2

Carrion Bird x2

Bolton Refugee x3

Meera Reed x2

Robb Stark (KotS) x2

Northern Cavalry Flank x3

Old Nan x1

Maester of Last Hearth x1

Ser Kyle Condon x1

The Blackfish x1

House Umber Berserkers x2

Maester Luwin x2

Jory Cassel x1

Arya Stark (BtNS) x2:

Locations:

Great Keep x3

Street of Sisters x1

Street of Steel x1

Narrow Sea x2

Flea Bottom x1

Harrenhal x2

Frozen Outpost x2

Lord Eddard's Chambers x1

River Row x1

Events:

Dissension x3

Parting Blow x2

Lethal Counterattack x1

Distinct Mastery x1

The Price of War x1

Attachments:

Tin Link x1

Steel Link x1

Black Iron Link x1

Copper Link x1

Valyrian Steel Link x1

Bronze Link x1

Plots:

Valar Morghulis

City of Sin

City of Spiders

At the Gates

A City Besieged

City of Soldiers

The Minstrel's Muse

 



#87 Moneylender

Moneylender

    Member

  • Members
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:02 AM

Thanks for the decklists!

I´m a bit surprised that almost everyone runs 3x Dissension, and lot of you The Minstrel's Muse in addition. Even the stark decks, instead of no quarter.

I haven´t seen Dissension that much in action, but huh seems like it´s good or something :)

 

Is it more of a meta thing because of targ and lanni, or ist it just that good overall?



#88 ShivesMcShivers

ShivesMcShivers

    Member

  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:15 AM

In the Maester decks you have a small amount of trait manipulation and the dissension tends to be a little better.  Also, in a deck like Luke's that is playing Berserkers and discard Arya the last thing you want them to kill is a 0 cost refugee or some meaningless small char (they generally have negative traits) so its a simple way of "thining the herd" so that your bigger effects have more impact.  



#89 dcdennis

dcdennis

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:20 AM

Moneylender said:

Thanks for the decklists!

I´m a bit surprised that almost everyone runs 3x Dissension, and lot of you The Minstrel's Muse in addition. Even the stark decks, instead of no quarter.

I haven´t seen Dissension that much in action, but huh seems like it´s good or something :)

 

Is it more of a meta thing because of targ and lanni, or ist it just that good overall?

 

very very rarely have a ever had a dissension in my hand and wished i didnt.



#90 Kennon

Kennon

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:10 AM

MIne were a concious anti-Targ decision along with working nicely with my trait manipulation against other houses. With a discard effect rather than kill, you can put things like Street Waifs in a place where To Be a Dragon doesn't hit it, and then use GJ's cancel to stop the events that do bring it back.



#91 Bomb

Bomb

    Cool Person Club

  • Members
  • 1,765 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:02 AM

dcdennis said:

Moneylender said:

 

Thanks for the decklists!

I´m a bit surprised that almost everyone runs 3x Dissension, and lot of you The Minstrel's Muse in addition. Even the stark decks, instead of no quarter.

I haven´t seen Dissension that much in action, but huh seems like it´s good or something :)

 

Is it more of a meta thing because of targ and lanni, or ist it just that good overall?

 

 

 

very very rarely have a ever had a dissension in my hand and wished i didnt.

This isn't entirely the same thing, but I've had Varys in the shadows indefinitely before because he was only going to discard himself the entire game.



#92 dcdennis

dcdennis

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 11:56 AM

Bomb said:

dcdennis said:

 

Moneylender said:

 

Thanks for the decklists!

I´m a bit surprised that almost everyone runs 3x Dissension, and lot of you The Minstrel's Muse in addition. Even the stark decks, instead of no quarter.

I haven´t seen Dissension that much in action, but huh seems like it´s good or something :)

 

Is it more of a meta thing because of targ and lanni, or ist it just that good overall?

 

 

 

very very rarely have a ever had a dissension in my hand and wished i didnt.

 

 

This isn't entirely the same thing, but I've had Varys in the shadows indefinitely before because he was only going to discard himself the entire game.

and to that i say, if there are no ally's in play, why waste the 2g to put him in the shadows in the first place :P



#93 Maester_LUke

Maester_LUke

    Member

  • Members
  • 713 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:52 PM

dcdennis said:

This isn't entirely the same thing, but I've had Varys in the shadows indefinitely before because he was only going to discard himself the entire game.

 

 

and to that i say, if there are no ally's in play, why waste the 2g to put him in the shadows in the first place :P

Speaking of a self-discarding Varys, don't ask Jayke what happened to him around Turn 3 in our game. :/



#94 Francisco G.

Francisco G.

    Member

  • Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:45 AM

Well Varys doesn't work with phase trait manipulation and doesn't discard mercenarys (long lances) and refugees ;)



#95 widowmaker93

widowmaker93

    Member

  • Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:58 AM

Francisco G. said:

Well Varys doesn't work with phase trait manipulation and doesn't discard mercenarys (long lances) and refugees ;)

Songs of Bael the Bard says differently. :)



#96 Kennon

Kennon

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:25 AM

widowmaker93 said:

Francisco G. said:

 

Well Varys doesn't work with phase trait manipulation and doesn't discard mercenarys (long lances) and refugees ;)

 

 

Songs of Bael the Bard says differently. :)

 

BAM!



#97 ShivesMcShivers

ShivesMcShivers

    Member

  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:53 AM

One time I discarded a Varys to himself to defeat an opponent with triple taste for blood on his Beric ;)

 

BAM indeed 



#98 Kennon

Kennon

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:56 AM

Bwahahahaha. I forgot about that game!

 

Probably on purpose, come to think of it.



#99 dcdennis

dcdennis

    Member

  • Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:09 AM

ShivesMcShivers said:

One time I discarded a Varys to himself to defeat an opponent with triple taste for blood on his Beric ;)

 

BAM indeed 

 

i dont get it.



#100 ShivesMcShivers

ShivesMcShivers

    Member

  • Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:35 AM

I basically outraced a Beric with 3x Taste for Blood using a Queen of Thorns.  The last power I needed I had to discard my Varys to himself to get.  Its just me poking fun at Kennon.






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS