• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#41 Dobbler

Dobbler

• Members
  • 822 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:24 AM

Kennon said:

Holy cow, this is awesome! I think this is turning into a real event!

Its always been a real event, you wooden puppet you!

#42 Jeppedo

Jeppedo

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:50 AM

I officially will not be there.  I just found out I tore my ACL.  Sorry guys, somoene will have to teach everyone how to party this year…..

#43 Kennon

Kennon

• Members
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:39 AM

Dobbler said:

Kennon said:

Holy cow, this is awesome! I think this is turning into a real event!

Its always been a real event, you wooden puppet you!

Have you met our friends and metamates? I still won't be convinced that some of them are playing until Saturday afternoon.

Also, Jeppedo, that really sucks, man.

#44 Tywin

Tywin

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

So question, now that Reach of the Kraken is supposed to be available next week, it is not going to be legal for the tournament right?

#45 Kennon

Kennon

• Members
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:06 PM

I was asking Greg last night (since the tournament is mainly his brainchild) and he said that it will not be legal for the Moonboy Classic.

#46 dcdennis

dcdennis

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 12:42 PM

I really wish I could make this. Would be nice to meet you all again in a smaller setting than world's. Good luck to everyone. I can't wait to get a sense of the results. First 'Big' tourney since HoD was legal. I am going to go out on a limb and say an anti-HoD deck will win, like GJ Cancel Maesters (Canaesters?)

#47 Francisco G.

Francisco G.

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:16 AM

Good luck to you all!!!

Isn't the objective mode like playing kingsmoot with titles? Have anyone try that??? Did you guys make custom cards for this objectives?? (You could sell them in TC store.

Have a good one,

PS: I'm rooting for baratheon!!! (although i think Martel HoD Dorne can win it….its a very good build….efficient and resilient!!!)

FranciscoG

#48 Keggy

Keggy

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 10:29 AM

Looks like I'm not gonna be able to make it after all.  It really feels like everyone decided to do everything on the same weekend, and with an almost 24 hour round trip I just can't make it happen.  Maybe regionals will be less hectic.

#49 Dobbler

Dobbler

• Members
  • 822 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:34 AM

Safe travels to all of our incoming players!  It is very cold here in Springfield, MO right now, so be sure to bundle up.

See you tonight and tomorrow!

#50 dcdennis

dcdennis

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:40 AM

To those attending, please be liberal with pics and updates. I'm anxious to see what deck rises to victory.

#51 Kennon

Kennon

• Members
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:30 AM

I've got the Facebook Pages Manager installed on my phone now, so that should make keeping everyone up to day with those pics and stats much easier. Expect me to be putting information up on the podcast's Facebook page.

#52 Flagrin

Flagrin

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 03:36 AM

Kennon said:

I've got the Facebook Pages Manager installed on my phone now, so that should make keeping everyone up to day with those pics and stats much easier. Expect me to be putting information up on the podcast's Facebook page.

Great news, I am looking forward to following the event so I really appreciates the updates.

#53 dcdennis

dcdennis

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:01 AM

Good luck moonboy jousters!

#54 dcdennis

dcdennis

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:06 AM

Results? Trends? Thoughts? Observations?

#55 Kennon

Kennon

• Members
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:26 AM

More info can be found on the Facebook page, including house, agenda, restricted breakdowns, but the final results were that Zeiler's updated Targ KotHH beat my Greyjoy Maesters in the finals.

#56 dcdennis

dcdennis

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:38 AM

Can you copy the stats here? I can't be the only one who doesn't use Facebook.

#57 Intentionally Anonymous

Intentionally Anonymous

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:20 AM

Sorry about the lack of updates on the forum, it’s way easier to post info from our phones on the Facebook page.  So pretty much everything is going to be brought over from there (with a few modifications for where Will’s info was incomplete).

We had 16 for the melee (although I didn’t play in it, just watched for the first round before I had to head out) loaded with out of towners.  I don’t have a lot of specific info about the tournament.  I know the top four were Will Lentz, Ben Terpstra, David Jones, and Luke Reed with Will Lentz winning it in the end.  I know he was playing a Martell control deck with Quentyn designed to take advantage of the different melee objectives we tried out for the tourney.  Ask him for a better description of how the objectives made the tournament ‘cause I don’t know it.

We had 24 for the joust on Saturday with 6 states represented (MO, AR, OK, IA, IL, TN) as well as three former world champions (myself, Greg Atkinson, and Luke Reed) so there was some pretty stiff competition.

House Breakdown:

Martell 3

Lannister 3

Baratheon 4

Stark 6

Greyjoy 3

Targaryen 4

Neutral 1

Agenda Breakdown:

House of Dreams 7

The Maester’s Path 3

Knights of the Hollow Hill 6

City of Shadows 1

Kings of Summer 1

Knights of the Realm 1

Treaty with the Isles 1

The Power Behind the Throne 1

Wilding (The Free Folk, The Last Giants, Blood of the First Men) 1

Unknown 2 (possibly no agenda but I will update for sure once I get my hands on decklists as I don't remember seeing any no agenda players)

Restricted Card Breakdown:

Val 2

Search and Detain 4

Fury of the Dragon 1

Narrow Escape 2

No Restricted 3

Venomous Blade 1

Fear of Winter 1

The Maester’s Path 3

Fury of the Wolf 1

The Viper’s Bannermen 3

Pyromancer’s Cache 1

Castellan of the Rock 1

Fury of the Lion 1

We played 5 rounds of Swiss (although we only needed 4 since we had 1 undefeated after that amount of time) and then a cut to top 8 after a dinner break. 

Top 8 Pairings:

Zach Bunn (Targ KotHH) v. Matt Phillips (Bara ???)

Will Lentz (Greyjoy TMP) v. Chris Kizer (Greyjoy HoD – Seastone Chair)

Greg Atkinson (Lanni Wildlings) v. Luke Reed (Stark TMP)

Brett Zeiler (Targ KotHH) v. Brett Vaughn (Stark TMP)

Top 4 Pairings:

Zach Bunn (Targ KotHH) v. Will Lentz (Greyjoy TMP)

Luke Reed (Stark TMP) v. Brett Zeiler (Targ KotHH)

Final Pairings:

Will Lentz (Greyjoy TMP) v. Brett Zeiler (Targ KotHH)

And I (Brett Zeiler) ended up winning for a Moonboy Classic two-peat after a really good game against Will (I only had one loss all day which was against Zach Bunn who was also playing Targ KotHH).  I was playing a modified version of Bruno’s worlds deck (as I tend to do I “trimmed the fat, took out the bad cards, and put in some good ones” :P) which is what I usually do when I do well in events.  I’ll post a brief tourney report later this afternoon but be looking for a more in depth one on 2 Champs 1 Chump in the next few weeks.

I’ll have top 8 decklists posted later this evening after I run by the store to grab them and get them written up.  Until then I hope this sates your thirst Dennis!

#58 dcdennis

dcdennis

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:26 AM

Muchas gracias amigos!

#59 widowmaker93

widowmaker93

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:51 AM

Congrats Brett.

I can hear the outcry now…"OH NO! A GOOD PLAYER WON WITH TARG KOTHH AGAIN?!?! WE NEED ERATTA/RESTRICTION! NOW!!!! 

*sigh*

#60 msommi

msommi

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:21 AM

widowmaker93 said:

Congrats Brett.

I can hear the outcry now…"OH NO! A GOOD PLAYER WON WITH TARG KOTHH AGAIN?!?! WE NEED ERATTA/RESTRICTION! NOW!!!! 

*sigh*

No, the exact outcry is : "OH NO! ANOTHER GOOD PLAYER WON WITH TARG KOTHH AND THERE ARE ONLY KOTHH AND MAESTERS IN TOP AGAIN ?!?! WE NEED ERATTA/RESTRICTION "PRONTO" !!!!

Looks like HOD didn't shift the meta at all. Or maybe just top players didn't take the risk.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS