• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#21 Kennon

Kennon

• Members
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:26 PM

Tywin said:

Can anybody offer reccomendations of hotels in the vicinity?  How about bars?

Hmmm… hotels I'm not as familiar with, but I know that Dobbler had mentioned the possibility of putting folks up at his house to help them save costs. As for bars, we usually hit a little dive bar a couple blocks down called W.F. Cody's whenever we wrap up gaming on Saturdays. It's got the tastiest, greasiest burgers you'll find and our usual server is a blast. As well, Parlor 88 is on the nicer end of the spectrum and just a few blocks down the road going the other direction. That's where we went for New Year's Eve last year. Aside from that, there are quite a few around since it's a college town (and some really cool ones downtown) but you'd probably need one of the locals to tell you more about those. I commute.

#22 Traitor

Traitor

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:01 PM

So will this be the first bigger tournament of the new year?

#23 dcdennis

dcdennis

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

DC is having one January 12th. But we figured everyone would be too spent from holdays to travel so we didnt bother announcing it. Not sure it has even been finalized yet though so that could also be the reason for the lack of info.

#24 Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr

• Members
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:30 AM

Technically, the first tourney of the year that I'm aware of is the traditional Winter Tourney in Salzburg/Austria. Just sayin'. ;)

#25 dcdennis

dcdennis

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:48 AM

Ratatoskr said:

Technically, the first tourney of the year that I'm aware of is the traditional Winter Tourney in Salzburg/Austria. Just sayin'. ;)

Happens during the………wait for it…….."First Snow of Winter"? 

tyty ill be here all week.

#26 Dobbler

Dobbler

• Members
  • 822 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:56 AM

My place will be open for travelers.  I really do recommend staying here if you like to hang with other players late into the night playing games, eating free food and drinking free drinks.

I have four twin beds, 3 inflatable mattress, a sectional couch that sleeps two and two sleeping pads.

I also have a king size bed that I sleep it, there will be an online auction soon to see who gets to spoon with me.

#27 Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr

• Members
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:36 AM

Dobbler said:

I have four twin beds, 3 inflatable mattress, a sectional couch that sleeps two and two sleeping pads.

I also have a king size bed that I sleep it, there will be an online auction soon to see who gets to spoon with me.

~Good lord, there's gonna be an orgy! Thank god I'm halfway around the world from that cesspool! ;)

#28 Dobbler

Dobbler

• Members
  • 822 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:54 AM

Ratatoskr said:

Dobbler said:

~Good lord, there's gonna be an orgy! Thank god I'm halfway around the world from that cesspool! ;)

No, that's what happens in Mathlete's bed and Fox's bed.  Mine is plutonical spooning.

#29 Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr

• Members
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 06:30 AM

Dobbler said:

No, that's what happens in Mathlete's bed and Fox's bed.  Mine is plutonical spooning.

I don't believe a word you say. Who would have a setup like this

Dobbler said:

four twin beds, 3 inflatable mattress, a sectional couch that sleeps two and two sleeping pads […] a king size bed

and not be into orgies? Where I come from we sleep on narrow, rough wooden planks, and only if we're well off do we get a thin sheet for cover. You Americans are all decadent.

#30 Twn2dn

Twn2dn

• Members
  • 1,274 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:14 AM

dcdennis said:

DC is having one January 12th. But we figured everyone would be too spent from holdays to travel so we didnt bother announcing it. Not sure it has even been finalized yet though so that could also be the reason for the lack of info.

The NYC guys haven't decided if we're coming down or not. It's going to be tough for me, and personally my enthusiasm for the competitive scene right now is pretty low…. I like the game, but tired of the same old cards. (Looking forward to regionals season, 4-5 chapter packs from now.)

Still, the best part of gaming is the people, and we may make it down just for that. If we do, Dennis, want a rematch? I may try playing something other than Targ burn, which is really no fun now that everyone else is playing it :P

#31 dcdennis

dcdennis

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:15 AM

Yup, i have a martell HH deck that i have been working on, but it is definitely weak against targ.

#32 mnBroncos

mnBroncos

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:16 PM

Dobbler said:

My place will be open for travelers.  I really do recommend staying here if you like to hang with other players late into the night playing games, eating free food and drinking free drinks.

if i do decide i can make the trip down i would probably be hitting you up for this offer (: saving any money always good.

#33 Dobbler

Dobbler

• Members
  • 822 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 10:22 AM

The Moonboy Classic is now less than a month away!  I have already received three commitments for people staying at my place.  Let me know if you are coming!

#34 Tywin

Tywin

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:23 AM

Has there been a consensus reached on the format for Melee?  Will it be traditional rules, or will it indeed be the experimental scoring?

#35 Kennon

Kennon

• Members
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:33 AM

Yes, we'll be playing the melee with our objective rules in order to give them a trial run. Copied over from Facebook, here's the list of objectives, plus Tim's suggested names:

"Queensguard Award" 1) win a challenge as a defender while supporting a title- timing during winner determination before claim
"Aegon Award" 2) win a challenge against all opponents in the same round - timing during winner determination before claim
"Sad Sack Award" 3) lose a challenge against all opponents in the same round - timing during winner determination before claim
"Kill the King Award"4) win three challenges against opponents with more power then you - timing during winner determination of third successfully challenge before claim
"Faceless Man Award" 5) lower an opponent's power total during a challenge in which you are not the attacker or defender (not participating in) - timing during response window
"Monkey Wrench Award" 6) add or remove (blanking/stealing) an icon or keyword to an opponent's character in a challenge in which you are not the attacker or defenders (not participating in) - timing during response window

Glad he was kind enough to write those up for us and offer those suggestions. Along with that info, I'll mention that you get 2 points for each other player you beat at a 4 player table and 3 points each at a 3 player table. Ties are 1 point each. The total max points for a player should be 12.

#36 Dobbler

Dobbler

• Members
  • 822 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:08 AM

I have had trouble posting on the threads for 3 days!  Ergh, these boards have become burdensome.

Quick update, as of now, I will have 5 people staying at my place (3 from Iowa, 2 from Kentucky), and possibly a group from Oklahoma.  We also have two from Arkansas coming to the tournament, so we already know we will have 5 states represented!

#37 Kennon

Kennon

• Members
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

Booya! It sounds like this is getting bigger than I expected.

Who's coming from Iowa and Kentucky?

#38 Keggy

Keggy

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

Pretty sure I'm attending, gotta represent Texas.

#39 Tywin

Tywin

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:57 AM

You can also count on 4 bringin' the ILL from Illinois.

#40 Kennon

Kennon

• Members
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:53 AM

Holy cow, this is awesome! I think this is turning into a real event!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS