• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#41 Rince

Rince

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 01:29 PM

To the rest of you,

Thank you for the kind words! Honestly, that is the reason I am doing this app.

Unfortunately, I am going a bit slower than I anticipated (mainly due to lack of time); so, the next update may not come until early November. I am testing the new version every week wih my playgroup and ran into some bugs that need to be ironed out before the app can be released. I want this version to be as close to perfect as possible, and that also complicates things. ;) Anyways, I haven't decided yet, but I may release the phone versions first and do the iPad a few weeks later.

#42 Boddymut

Boddymut

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:17 PM

No problem whit the late response. Im glad that you’re looking into doing some more whit the history tracking. I’m gona give It a new try and get over that my game time is going to be a bit wonky can’t wait for the update now that you hyped new features.  

#43 Guibs

Guibs

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

Just wanted to say that I enjoy your app although I have some questions about it, and possibly some recommandation (which obviously you are welcome to ignore).

1- unless I am missing it, there should be an "undo" bouton. If by mistake you cast your action before adding the credits you were suppose to, I don't see a way to go back. So the next turn you can fix this, but it kind of cheap the history that the apps keeps of the last few turns.

2- from the stats screen we see from the app store, it seems you can track your stats regarding which faction you choose and which faction you are playing against. I have absolutely no idea how I can "switch" the runner or corporation faction on the App. **edit: (found out that you do this only once you want to save your match up. good but I think it would be more intuitive if we could choose each faction right before the start of the match, possibly even entering the identity that was used).

3- There are some counters which are pretty obvious (credits for example) but yet I am unsure about some of them. Is the one with the skull for the runner is there to register the number of brain damage? if so, shouldn't the icon be changed for a brain? What about the on to the top left for the runner (2 circles). Is that supposed to be for tags?

4- For the corporation, credits again is obvious but I am not sure what the other one is there for, bad publicity?

5- no counter for Agendas?

I guess from my question, maybe I'm just a noob, but there is some confusion on my part at least, regarding what the counters are for. Maybe a little tutorial, or text overlay the first time you open the app to refresh our memory of what they are for?

Also, depending on what is each counter, I could easily see more being added. like Agenda points (with winner screens and key to prompt saving for stats).

Also, consider maybe allowing to choose the names of the player and faction at the start of the game instead of just when saving? Seems more intuitive that way.

anyway, hope you are not reading this has a critic. I love your app, just making suggestion on how it could be improved and also, with some questions I have about it.

Keep up the good work.

Edited by Guibs, 27 October 2013 - 05:01 PM.

#44 Rince

Rince

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 02:07 PM

1- unless I am missing it, there should be an "undo" bouton. If by mistake you cast your action before adding the credits you were suppose to, I don't see a way to go back. So the next turn you can fix this, but it kind of cheap the history that the apps keeps of the last few turns.

While the clicks are non-reversible, all the other attributes are. So, you can add or substract credits even in your opponent's turn, as you should since corps need to pay for ICE in the runner's turns. As for the clicks, you are not the first person who wants an undo option for those. I will think about adding it in the next version. It is not that big a deal.

2- from the stats screen we see from the app store, it seems you can track your stats regarding which faction you choose and which faction you are playing against. I have absolutely no idea how I can "switch" the runner or corporation faction on the App. **edit: (found out that you do this only once you want to save your match up. good but I think it would be more intuitive if we could choose each faction right before the start of the match, possibly even entering the identity that was used).

The problem with your suggestion is that not everyone saves their games. Some people just want to play a quick match and not save, and it would be counter intuitive to force them to mess with factions and names and stuff.

3- There are some counters which are pretty obvious (credits for example) but yet I am unsure about some of them. Is the one with the skull for the runner is there to register the number of brain damage? if so, shouldn't the icon be changed for a brain? What about the on to the top left for the runner (2 circles). Is that supposed to be for tags?

4- For the corporation, credits again is obvious but I am not sure what the other one is there for, bad publicity?

You are right on both. That is what they mean. But I am thinking about adding a tooltip in a future version. But with those the problem would be the same why the icons are not the original ones from the game. I'd like to keep the app free from copyright trouble (even if FFG is actually pretty cool about these things).

5- no counter for Agendas?

Never felt the need for them, since you just take the cards you score. Also, there is no space for it (not in the phone versions at least). :)

anyway, hope you are not reading this has a critic. I love your app, just making suggestion on how it could be improved and also, with some questions I have about it.

Keep up the good work.

Never feel bad for giving constructive criticism. I am actually looking forward to reading them. Lots of features that are currently in the game or coming in the next update are community requests. So, I thank you for taking your time and giving me your feedback!

Edited by Rince, 28 October 2013 - 02:10 PM.

• skipper.pickle likes this

#45 SpaceHonk

SpaceHonk

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 01:10 AM

Sadly, the Swiss-style tournament, what they also use for chess tournaments and for AN, is lacking in the App Store. There are other apps, but they are mostly for Round Robin tourneys, for example

NRTM is a Netrunner Tournament Manager app for iPad (iPhone coming soon). Get it here: https://itunes.apple...?l=de&ls=1&mt=8

NRTM implements Swiss Style pairings and the full NR tournament scoring system. Apparently FFG staff have used it during the Plugged-In Tour.

• skipper.pickle likes this

#46 Rince

Rince

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 03:22 PM

Version 2.0 of AN Tracker is available now:

https://itunes.apple...d586004981?mt=8

Here are the new features and bug fixes:

↳ Brand new design
↳ iOS7 integration
↳ Single player mode
↳ You can now see individual player statistics in the history view
↳ Code optimization (the app is actually several megabytes smaller now)
↳ Corrected inaccuracies in statistics
↳ Fixed the bug when the app would become sluggish for no apparent reason

But, of course, there is more coming in the future!

If you have any comments, suggestion, or feedback, feel free to share it with me!

Edited by Rince, 20 November 2013 - 03:25 PM.

#47 Rince

Rince

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:25 PM

In my playgroup, we reached over 200 saved games; so, I though it might be fun to share the statistics (of course, it is by no means representative):

netrunner_statistics_201.jpg

#48 Isgrimnur5

Isgrimnur5

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 January 2014 - 11:30 PM

Hi, the app appears like "no longer available to purchase".

Will it be again available or there was some extra issues?

Cheers

#49 Rince

Rince

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 01:27 PM

Hi all,

Here is a little sneak peak from the next version of AN Tracker (it is only one of the new features of course). The final build needs a little more attention, but the bulk of the work is basically done and is being play tested a we speak. That is the good news. The bad is that I'll be overseas all throughout April; so, the earliest the new version can hit the App Store is mid-May, but early June is a bit more realistic.

Stay tuned!
- R.

an_tracker_v2_5_preview.jpg

Full sized image: https://lh4.googleus...2_5_preview.jpg

Edited by Rince, 29 March 2014 - 04:20 PM.

#50 Redjon

Redjon

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 30 April 2014 - 08:50 PM

I just used your app the other day. my opponent brought his iPad and we used the app in lieu of counters.  I've never really been a fan of ios.  But your app is brilliant.  I may need to pick up an old iphone or 1st gen iPad.  Thank you, it's really great.

• Rince likes this

#51 Rince

Rince

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 11 May 2014 - 07:49 AM

I'm glad you like it. :)

#52 Rince

Rince

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 07:19 AM

Version 2.5 is submitted to Apple for review and should hit the app store in about a week (unless, of course, I screwed up something with the new 64bit architecture :P ).

#53 Rince

Rince

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 12:31 PM

Hi all,

The new version of AN Tracker is out now with two new features (and several smaller tweaks):

1. On the iPad, the app now automatically tracks your credit and agenda progression, and when you save a matchup into the database, the app generates a chart, showing how these values changed throughout the game. You will get a screen like this:

mzl.fxfsgcnf.png

As you can see on the picture, you can then save this image into the photo gallery on your iPad or discard it. I believe this chart is a really cool new feature for those who wish to see an in-depth view of their games, and I hope many of you will find it useful. Here are a few answers to the questions I know will surely surface in many of your minds:

- Yes I am currently looking into the possibility to integrate this feature into the iPhone version (but without agenda counters, of course, thanks to the obvious size restriction on the smaller devices).

- Due to the size of the image the app generates, it is not possible to save them into the database with the rest of the data (one image is about 500 kilobytes, and they would quickly render the save file unmanageable).

2. The second feature is a long asked intelligent suggestion box for the save menu. When you fill out the various text boxes, the app will now give you suggestion based on the already saved names and comments and auto fills the boxes if you select one. This greatly reduces the time it takes to save a game into the database, to just 3-5 seconds. This feature is available on both iPhone and iPad.

Beside these two, I have made several small tweaks that are mentioned in the update notes, including new icons that are (I hope) more descriptive to the game.

I hope you guys will enjoy this new update and keep using AN Tracker in the future. If you like what I am doing, please consider leaving me a 5-star review in the app store.

- Rince

p.s.: As the app grows so does the possibility for bugs and mistakes. If you encounter anything that you think might be an error, please send me a private message and I'll look right into it. I am also open for suggestions, comments, and criticism! :)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS