Photo

The Enemy Within, who's bought it, and what did you think?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#21 Mexorlon

Mexorlon

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:38 AM

Thx for the "reviews" because of that….its in the mail!!

#22 Karma Kollapse

Karma Kollapse

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:51 PM

For anyone interested, I did an unboxing type video (since there didn't seem to be one already):

#23 djpeterso23662

djpeterso23662

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:36 PM

Got it at last! 

Wow!  Worth the wait, for sure!

#24 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,094 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:40 PM

Karma Kollapse said:

For anyone interested, I did an unboxing type video (since there didn't seem to be one already):

Great work on this video.

jh

#25 Karma Kollapse

Karma Kollapse

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 08:38 PM

Emirikol said:

Karma Kollapse said:

Great work on this video.

jh

Thanks!

#26 Ferozstein

Ferozstein

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 11:55 AM

Could someone who's already got their box kindly post a list of components, especially the number of small and large cards included? I'd like to know how many sleeves I will need. Thanks!

Also, the unpacking video is great.

#27 Necrozius

Necrozius

• Members
  • 947 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 02:17 AM

Any Canadians get theirs yet? It is out of stock on Amazon.ca, and most of the shops here in Ottawa don't carry WFRP 3 material anymore :(

#28 valvorik

valvorik

• Members
  • 1,945 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 03:13 AM

I got mine in Toronto before xmas from local game store.  Sad to hear some shops not carrying WFRP anymore.

#29 Azrune

Azrune

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 01:03 PM

I got a copy off ebay for about £35, wasn't on Amazon.uk at that time. Seems well thought out plot so far, still haven't read it all;)

#30 gmanjkd

gmanjkd

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:34 PM

Just finished reading it and I have to say that I LOVE this!!   This is the kind of adventue I was looking for when I bough the core box.  I wasn't expecting much of the background cards but they are awesome!   Whith that said this adventure is supposed to be 30 game sessions.  I assume they mean before the epilogue because the book states that characters should be rank 4 as a min to survive.  Considering the book is split into 4 smaller books with one being the epilogue, I would expect each book to provide 10 sessions for a total of 30.  With the adventure as written, I just don't see that beeping possible….especially book one.  There is a ton of opportunity to expand virtually every encounter as much as the gm would like but as written I just don't see it, if I am wrong please feel free to correct me :).  Book one is also a little bland IMHO, but starting in book two everything is fantastic!!!!

I would love to see 2 more adventure like this in a series.  I know TEW 1st Ed was 6 books total.  So with that inspiration it would Be great to see another 192 pg adventure following tEW, followed by an 192 pg EPIC finale of THE Storm of Chaos!  I know im dreaming but it would still rock!

#31 Beren Eoath

Beren Eoath

• Members
  • 322 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

I had an oportunity to read TEW 3e  version. The adventure is great - the best published for this edition but the reprints of cards I have seen are disapointing. FFG give us a lot of reprinted cards in the adventure form previous expansions. So in my opinion the book is great like the adventure in it, but all other stuff (especialy the reprints) are a big misunderstanding - I did not liked that. Becouse when You buy something new you would like to see new content in it and not reprints from previous ones. This situation shows, in my opinion, the weekest part of 3e - the cards that are expensive and must be reprinted sometimes to fully enjoy a expansion without having the previous ones.

But liked I said the adventure is great in this big book with 192 pages.

Cheers

#32 Karma Kollapse

Karma Kollapse

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:55 PM

Beren Eoath said:

I had an oportunity to read TEW 3e  version. The adventure is great - the best published for this edition but the reprints of cards I have seen are disapointing. FFG give us a lot of reprinted cards in the adventure form previous expansions. So in my opinion the book is great like the adventure in it, but all other stuff (especialy the reprints) are a big misunderstanding - I did not liked that. Becouse when You buy something new you would like to see new content in it and not reprints from previous ones. This situation shows, in my opinion, the weekest part of 3e - the cards that are expensive and must be reprinted sometimes to fully enjoy a expansion without having the previous ones.

I agree with your disappointment, because I also was disappointed to find a bunch of cards that I already had and don't need. That being said, I did appreciate that anyone can use TEW, they don't need certain expansions in order to run it, and the book does accommodate in this regard too.

#33 gmanjkd

gmanjkd

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 01:25 PM

While i understand the disappointment of getting cards that some of us already have, I strongly believe that the goal was to produce an epic campaign that did not require anything more that the core box, and that would be easily converted to 1st or 2nd ed.  while I also to have all of the duplicated cards I respect the fact that this campaign is self contained and semi Edition neutral.    I love the idea that if i were to ever change editons either to 4th or back to 2nd, I could still use this adventure.  If i were to accidentaly lose the cards and components I could still run the campaign.

Gary

#34 Yepesnopes

Yepesnopes

• Members
  • 1,376 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:22 PM

a great idea (practical and full of adventages) would have been instead including already existing cards, to include some more dice….comiendo

The Book of the Asur - High Elf fan supplement

The Dark Side - Witches, Warlocks, Dark Magic and more

Secrets of the Anvil - Advanced Dwarf careers and runes

Dice statistics calculator for SW EotE

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS