• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:29 AM

sorry to keep banging on about this, but the forum is 8/10 unuseable to me….ive had spanish emoticons, no threads showing, every thread showing flightmaster as author and 35 replies, my replies not showing, the pages being all messed up, can sign in, slow loading screens, links not working……….argh

and i know its not my computer as others are having this for a while

ps. also aparently i can now make topics sticky-d anyone else get this?

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#2 spalanzani

spalanzani

• Members
  • 826 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:34 AM

I thought it was just me, but the entire forum this evening is just terrible! When making a post, all the buttons along the top have Spanish labels etc, which I thought was exotic at the time, and managed to guess my way into making a post, but just made a post in the "game night kits" thread only for it to just not work (it was a wonderful post, too - a loss to mankind, I dare say). So I'm typing this with no real hope of it actually working, but I have very little to do at 9:33pm on a Tuesday…

www.spalanz.com - everything you never wanted to know about me, in one place.

#3 karagh

karagh

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 09:41 AM

Here I have some problems too. For example: The "Mark all topics as read" doesn't work. Also, loading a page fails regularly.

#4 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,229 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:03 AM

The forum is crazy slow on my mac. But on my Galaxy note 2 phone everything is fine.

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#5 Rapier

Rapier

• Members
  • 533 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:56 AM

I have no problems. (Therefore this isn't everyone).

Depending on the nature of the problem it might be worth trying to indentify commen trends for people with the problem.

For starters how about what country people are from, what's the default language for their web browser.

I'm UK and the default language is English.

#6 Alex6222

Alex6222

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 12:30 PM

Well i just created an account and joined in but the forum seems pretty normal to me.

#7 DarthJalapeno

DarthJalapeno

• Members
  • 104 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 06:31 PM

What browser are you using and what's your forum interactivity status?

Browser: Crome v. 23.0.1271.97 m

Forum Interactivity status: Readable, Writable - but having spanish smileys (don't think this has anything to do with the browser though).

Computer location: Sweden

#8 wojo

wojo

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:36 PM

I agree with Rich that this forum is annoying since face lift (the problem actually pushed me to move my play comments to a BGG blog although it was not the main reason). To tell the truth if not for all of you I would be gone already. I am also disappointed with FFG's lack of news and statement or even response to my e-mail about this problem. Since their participation in this forum is zero as far as can tell I do not see much advantage of using it.  

Don't get me wrong I still like the company and their products but my rating of their customer/community support dropped down quite a few notches. 

As for problems:
I have Spanish descriptions of all the icons in the edit window - it loads slowly but works. I use Google chrome, I have Polish settings on my computer (although I think it actually recognized as us computer due to some work place configuration). Mark all topics as read works most of the time (although I get an error message) but not always. 

One good thing about it is that recently BGG game forums became m

#9 richsabre

richsabre

Tea Drinker of the West

• Members
  • 4,835 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 11:58 PM

Rapier said:

I'm UK and the default language is English.

also UK, english so the problem cant be location

im running firefox which had none of the 'cant post' problems last week as it was fine then.

My Deviantart profile. Infrared Art http://richsabre.deviantart.com/

My Portfolio http://richardbyers.portfoliobox.me/

#10 AjiTae

AjiTae

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:59 AM

I too have problems. The forum is very slow and when i load a page, it tends to stop halway through veeery often.

I'm using Firefox, I'm in France and the forum is set in English.

#11 The_Big_Show

The_Big_Show

• Members
  • 667 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 05:37 AM

These forums have been rrible for ages. They run so slow for me that I barely stop by any more.

#12 mr.thomasschmidt

mr.thomasschmidt

• Members
  • 594 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:08 PM

Yeah. I live in Norway and have experienced the same things. Think it might have something to do with FFG updating the forum. Maybe with stuff only a specific version of java can run or something like that. And depending on who gets the updates at what time it'll start working again maybe. Or FFG might still be working to try and get all quirks out of their latest update and constantly tempers with stuff ^^

#13 spalanzani

spalanzani

• Members
  • 826 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:39 AM

I'm in the UK, with English as my default, and using Chrome. However, I've noticed the problems are only with the Lord of the Rings LCG forum. All the other fora I pop into are fine. A case in point, on Tuesday evening I went into the Star Wars LCG forum, then this one, and this one wouldn't load. I tried it four times consecutively, and got all sorts of weird and wonderful mishaps. I checked the Warhammer forum, it was fine, I came back here, and just had a blank grey page. Very odd.

www.spalanz.com - everything you never wanted to know about me, in one place.

#14 Rince

Rince

• Members
  • 147 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 08:21 AM

The whole FFG site is crazy slow here as well. Mac / Google Chrome.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS